Kazoku Collective Starbound Server

Server Address: starbound.kazoku.co

Hey guys! Since Starbound just entered 1.0, I’m thinking of starting a Starbound server in a few hours, anybody interested in joining? I’d love to get some team play happening, maybe even Kazamatsuri vs Rokkenjima. Let’s explore the galaxy and fight over control of planets!

Team Kazamatsuri
VyseGolbez
Bonecuss (PH14)

Team Rokkenjima
Rabla
Naomikon
StarTurner (Sylvaeda)

Undetermined
Aspirety
uppfinnarn (Emi)
Mint
Egg

Make sure your character is Survival!

Kazamatsuri’s Current HQ is X:59841465 Y:-240959270. Talitha Rest VIII.

2 Likes

I’ll be joining once I actually get the game, which will be quite soon.

I have Starbound since early in early access, it’s been such a long wait for the full release.
Sadly, multiplayer isn’t working well since the update for me, and I don’t think my laptop and internet would be able to run in a server with too many people, so while willing to join conversations about the game, I doubt I can join this server.

Same here, I have starbound, but it didn’t even run perfectly smooth in singleplayer with me, so I don’t think I’d be able to participate. But I’ll root for you all, I guess. (You can root in a sandbox game in space, right?)

1 Like

I know, right? my game is not even smooth at single player, I enjoy the game but I cant get the most out of it…
The tutorial quest has a lot of extra decoration compared to regular gameplay and together with the forced walking it dragged on for too long…

Add me to the list, Im definitely getting this. I will be out of town for the next week tho, so I might not be able to really play it until I get back

I’ll be willing to play off and on. No real guarantee on cinsistency though.

I’ll be willing to join, if I get the game soon. Right now my money is reserved for LBEX!

1 Like

The server is up and running!

Join: starbound.kazoku.co

1 Like

I will join for sure, but I have my finals this week so I’ll be active starting next week

Our party has managed to make it into space now! Time to start colonising homeworlds :stuck_out_tongue:

A little update on my front, Starbound actually runs more smooth than it did back before 1.0, so I might test how it runs in multiplayer (if it’s playable). So you’re in space now. Are there any principles or group philosophies or anything like that? Like starfleet regulations or something. I’m thinking too much into that, am I not?

Probably :stuck_out_tongue: We’re still working things out. We need more people before we can start splitting into factions, so we’re all cooperating for now.

I’ll join I’ve play my fair share of starbound already but I haven’t played online any yet.

1 Like

Server updated to 1.0.1! No word on the party size bug yet though, did anyone post about it on their forums?

What bug are you talking about? Or rather, what happened? As you said, it’s not in the list of known bugs, so I don’t know.

Oh, you can’t seem to make parties of more than 4 people, even when both the server and client are configured to allow it. You can kinda cheat around it by sending more than 3 invites at once, but the invite button disappears once the party size hits 4 :<

This is just the tip of the iceburg for buggy, half-implemented things in Starbound, and it seems like this has been around for a long time. I don’t expect them to do anything about it.

Well, they can’t if you don’t tell them it exists.

They’re a pretty small team making a massive game, for every bug they notice, there’ll be three they don’t. There are so many weird corner cases!

I’ve been mentioning things on the official Discord as they come up, and the response I get is usually “Yeah it’s like that.”