Kazamatsuri Podcast Applications

I would love to podcast for Saya’s route since she’s now my favorite LB character. It kinda depends on others though. I don’t want to steal a podcast spot if someone is just as enthusiastic.

3 Likes

Well damn, in all the excitement of just reading the VN itself and the discussion threads, I completely forgot about the podcasts. Would have loved to get in on the Kurugaya one, but I think the names there will do awesome, can’t wait to hear it.

The only other character I think I’d really be interested in talking about and contribute well with would be Haruka. It hit me the hardest of all of the routes so far, and the only other one I can really relate to significantly in terms of personal experience that I’d actually be able to speak authoritatively on.

Also been meaning to stop in and say hi on Discord for a while now, should get around to it in the next few days. Looking forward to hearing the voices behind the names.

5 Likes

I’m not doing dates anymore, they keep getting messed around lol.

Haruka Backup: @Zosonte

There’s a chance Kanon won’t be available for Haruka, so I want Zosonte to prepare to be a backup just in case.

As for Kud, there’s one thing I’m a little uncertain about right now that will determine the final place on that podcast, so I’ll leave that undetermined for now. I’ll update it as soon as I’m ready.

5 Likes

It may still be too late (hopefully not ^^), but I’d also like to express interest in being on the Kanata podcast as well. I actually think I have more thoughts on her than Haruka overall. Either way, going to be digging into her thread in the coming days.

Is it your first time reading Kanata?

I’d be up for joining in on the Saya route podcast

Indeed it is. In fact, I was not aware until yesterday that there were more episodes of the anime (past Refrain, which I had seen a long time ago before getting the VN), so all the EX stuff is completely new to me.

2 Likes

Guess I have some screening to do ~

Okay let’s go.

I’d also like to do a casting call for Sasami route. We don’t have enough applications, so let me know if you want in!

Also, @Exenorate are you up for the Kanata podcast buddy? We’d love to have you.

I’m always up for routes if need be ^-^

@Aspirety GIMME THAT SASAMI BOI.

I can also do Kanata because I know exactly @Exenorate’s thoughts on it and you won’t actually get him.

2 Likes

Reminder that we’re looking for people to join us to discuss the EX routes!

Gonna try to revise my application, cuz the one from a year and a half ago feels very inaccurate and unhelpful. I ranked which route I like the most, but that’s completely different from stories I’m actually able to talk about. Detailing what I’d want to talk about seems like the better thing to detail. Of course, I want to be on a podcast, but it’s pointless if I’m not adding anything relevant and someone else could do a better job.

Sasami: I really dislike it because the text feels more interested in responding to Internet comments about the original than to tell a new narrative. This happens in Harvest Festa too, so it seems like a bad habbit of Tonokawa’s.
Saya: This route is all about duality. You can talk forever about what the narrative is from the view of Tokido Saya and Aya, cuz they’re basically complete opposites.
Kanata: The narrative is very straightforward, so I’m mainly interested in how the narrative is enforced by tiny details like talk about food or quotes from Haruka’s route etc.

2 Likes

I’d love to try and participate in one of the remaining book club podcasts, if possible! I didn’t discover Kazamatsuri until I’d already read through Refrain and the book club was already stalled, so I didn’t get to participate during my initial readthrough unfortunately, but the book club’s seemed really cool, and I’d love to try and talk about one of the remaining EX routes with you guys.

I’d probably be most interested in Sasami route, since I don’t really have anything valuable to say about Saya and I don’t know what I’ll think about Kanata yet. I really enjoyed Sasami route, on the other hand, and I think I could find some interesting stuff to say.

2 Likes

I’m applying for the entire planetarian bookclub. I’m suuuuuuuuper excited already.

2 Likes

I would also be quite interested in joining this particualr podcast. It’s been a year or two since first reading Planetarian, and I’d love to talk about how my further experience with Key works has changed my opinion of it!

1 Like

I keep missing these. I can’t miss this one, not on my honor as a self-professed Planetarian nut. I’ve been on this ride since…well, I think it’s just Jerusalem and Tircis and Aminte I haven’t really delved into, but I’d be kicking myself if I didn’t fly my colors now!

3 Likes

I’d Love to do the plantarian podcast, due to personal reasons that changed my entire live. This resulted in me having motivation to drawing up to 12hours a day even (I still am really bad but better). I have read this game 3 times already in less than a year and keep experiencing new things each time.

Reading the story is just the beginning as the thoughts after reading it is invading your mind constantly even outliving the time spent thinking on theories of Umineko (about 100hour read mystery kenetic novel).

The soundtrack of this game I also extremely like. As an avid fan of videogame soundtracks like: Final Fantasy, Octopath Traveler, Xenoblade Chronicles, NieR:Automata and other really good soundtracks, planetarian has some scences which really help remember songs like at the beginning of the fourth chapter when you see kazamatsuri bot in next to the rain and the music kicks in creating this amazing atomosphere in the game.

Planetarian is packed with the discussions like about its resemblance about the Christian religion or about the effects of chemical war or the environmental results of not recycling and many others. Although only a 4hour and 20minutes on auto. This game has some much content packed inside that its easy to keep thinking about it multiple times a day even after the time i first played it around august last year. Plenty of reasons of why planetarian is such a good game.

1 Like

As always, count me in :smiley: definitely excited to muse on the implications of hoshi no hito and onwards

1 Like

Greetings, it’s been awhile since I’ve been around!

But with the announcement of the Planetarian bookclub remastered, I would like to use this post to submit myself to apply for the podcast.

Planetarian Bookclub was the first one I ever tuned into and I loved it despite its technical hiccups. I’ve wanted to contribute to the podcasts in every subsequent bookclub after it but never had the time to really invest myself. Hoping to change that and looking forward to the forum posts.

Edit: I love how I still have my Theorycrafter title from the Clannad bookclub. I wear it now as a badge of honor.

2 Likes