Kazamatsuri Plays The Resistance: Little Busters [Finished - Student Council Victory]

Understandable based on the circumstances, even if this mission passes there is still the possibility that I am the soul traitor on the team, and as such voted pass to conceal my identity.
I’ve done my best to provide any evidence I could to support my innocence, but just based on the circumstances of the 2 teams I’ve been on, allowing me to be a leader would certainly be a risky idea.

Kengo, Riki, Masato, Mio and Kud all head into the cafeteria kitchen at noontime, ready to get their hands dirty and make pancakes for everybody. With such a reliable crew, roles were easily set in place as they started: Riki and Kud were assigned to cooking duty, having the most experience; Kengo and Masato assigned to get supplies and do the heavy work; and Mio overseeing the entire operation

While Masato and Kengo get into a competition of who can mix the most batter (and being very efficient at getting all the pancake batter done in a jiffy), Riki and Kud start off pouring in some of the batter, happily creating pancakes for everyone. Riki making them in a classic round shape, and Kud trying her best to shape them into various animals

In the middle of cooking, they realize that their cooking stoves have suddenly run out of gas. Mio, knowing exactly who to call for the job, asks Masato to go and fetch some more gas tanks. Taking this as a challenge, Masato rushes to the storeroom and returns carrying four large gas tanks, two on each shoulder. Mio stares at him condescendingly and says “Well, we only needed one, so you’ll have to return the rest of them. I am miocchi, you are dog puke.” Masato, being overly sensitive about being called dog puke, runs away, leaving Kengo to shake his head and carry the rest of the gas tanks back.

*Mio takes the gas tank and adeptly connects it back to the stove, allowing Riki and Kud to continue on with their cooking. After a while, Kud starts swaying, and suddenly collapses. Riki takes notice, and as he bends down to catch Kud, he smells something odd. “A gas leak! Quick, turn out the fire!” Riki says, as he scrambles towards the gas valve. Sensing the danger behind this, Kengo nods to Masato as he quickly grabs Kud, leaving to Masato’s care. The stove is suddenly engulfed in flames, burning all their pancakes to a crisp. Dejected, the team goes back to the rest of the Busters with store-bought waffles."

MISSION FAILED

With 2 votes for failure this is a failure on this fourth mission, and an overwhelming victory for the Student Council lackeys. Despite the heated discussions, they’ve managed to avoid suspicion of the rest of the Busters, and have succeeded in thwarting the Buster’s missions once and for all. No longer shall the school be shaken up by these rowdy antics, and the school is one step closer in achieving a fully-controlled system of peace and order.

Well, that’s a wrap, guys! Congrats to the lackey team for winning, despite the minority, and despite a huge blow in their prowess mid-game. I’ll leave it to the council members to reveal their own identities here. Thanks everyone for joining in~

2 Likes

POST-GAME DISCUSSION

Now let’s sit back and discuss what happened here. Firstly, I think we can all agree that the game started to get to a crawl as it progressed. As such, I guess it’s a must that any future games like these have a time limit added to them. Basically, something like “All votes must be given within 24 hours, or your vote is skipped”. An additional rule, considering a few members skipped their votes (despite reminders to do so) might be “Any player who has not voted twice in a row is modkilled from the game”.

That said, would you guys (or any of the other spectators) be interested in another round of this game? If so, I’d like to introduce a different variant, called “The Resistance: Avalon”. It’s basically the same gameplay, but with some characters possessing special abilities which can tilt the scales of the game at times.

Any other comments/suggestions from you players?

2 Likes

Well that happened.

2 Likes

The pancakes. How could you?!

7 Likes

So yeah, @Karifean, never assume that the opposing team will say that they have won until they see the game moderator say so.

That said, someone could’ve died in this mission. I think Mio’s plan to use a gas tank with a leak was too dangerous even for a lackey.

Now something I wanted to clear up with @Naoki_Saten . All I said about some mistakes done because of roleplaying errors are 100% true and I called Haruka’s name at the beginning cause it seemed like a good option for that mission. However, since you started suspecting me and everybody saw me as a main suspect, I thought I’d have to forget about comrades and start adding fodder to all discussions to create at least some chaos and tire the rest of the busters. At a point, I used a coin to decide who my main suspects were and if I had to vote approve or reject in a mission. The explanation for the choice would come after I decided who to blame lol.

Props to the rest of the spies who clearly saw that they shouldn’t interact with me and they didn’t.

But don’t worry, I’m not that bad of a guy: after all, the student council took all my working toys from me and I had to be undercover during all these missions to recover them.

HOW COULD I HAVE POSSIBLY LIVED ON WITHOUT MY TOYS?!

As for the next game, this tired me up quite a bit. For now I’ll let other people join the game since I know that some were left out of this one. If there aren’t 10 players in the next game then I’ll join in. By the way, the avalon version seems good.

P.S.: Your post made my day, @Naoki_Saten.

2 Likes

Dear God, Rin 2 was unfolding near the end there. Full on Kengo vs. Kyousuke battle except Masato wasn’t on my side at all. :yahaha:

Now then, while I think some council students were almost painfully obvious , I agree that the rules should change slightly because the pace of the game was very off-throwing and difficult to follow. And if I had to share some personal experience, then I would say that this game isn’t for everyone because the amount of statistics talk and attempts at prediction tend to leave the dumber people like myself at a bit of a loss at how to convince people. :masdum:

Nonetheless, fun experience. To think none of you trusted Kyousuke, though… He would be very sad. Props to @Naoki_Saten for all his hard work!

That’s another issue I wanted to bring up; roleplaying does bring out a bit of a change in the way the game is played (and I assume some people even came in here with hopes of doing roleplaying more than anything). Perhaps in the next game, roleplaying could be made less of an emphasis.

Or perhaps, if we do this game next time, a more real-time matter would be better. Perhaps something over Tabletop Simulator?

Definitely real time is better. I found myself losing interest very quickly because I didn’t know what to say in regards to my character but also I started getting very lazy about who was accusing who because I wasn’t exactly sure who everyone was.

1 Like

お前ゲロ犬
That was pretty fun, I agree doing this in real time would be a bit more interesting, the waiting just got a bit unbearable.

This game is SO GOOD!
I got addicted to it right away. Before the second week was over, I had already lost over 12 hours of sleep on it.

But it was also very exhausting, so playing a second round right away would be too much for me. I do, however, offer to take on the role of the game master for the next round so that @Pepe can enjoy participating as a player.

I certainly agree that there should be time limits, since long waiting times and inactivity are poisonous to everyone’s motivation and enjoyment. I prefer a forum format like ours over real time, though. Countless voting results and up to five missions are a lot of information to keep track of, and that’s not even counting the player’s statements. So I’m afraid the game would lose some of its intellectual potential if played in real time. The real-time Werewolf rounds I sometimes play with my friends tend to devolve into just shouting and making wild guesses.

Since the spies aren’t done revealing themselves (and @Natsume is being vague), I can’t finish drawing conclusions or commenting on this particular round just yet.

I have to ask, though: @Mogaoscar, when exactly did you start creating chaos? It took me a long time to decide to stop drawing conclusions from your behavior, and even that didn’t work out properly.
I was prepared for nearly-Erika-level schemes, or so I thought, but getting guilt-tripped was more than I could handle. I had some bad experiences with going overboard with my words…

1 Like

The spies were @Mogaoscar, @Necem, @Glenn_Irish and @EisenKoubu. We had a lengthy discussion about the game on Discord already, which is why you won’t see much saltiness here =P

Can you clarify? What were people salty about?

I dunno. Maybe about falling for all of your schemes =P

If anything, the amazing part is how he practically solo-killed us without any schemes at all X_X

3 Likes

Yeah the only reason I got away with anything was because of misplaced suspicion, primarily against natsume.

As I said, at some point near the end we were just recreating Rin 2 so perhaps the lack of trust towards me was to be expected. :yahaha:

Good game nonetheless even if I wish I’d persevered a bit more in my bad feeling regarding your standing, Glenn. All of this was interesting insight into how people reason during the game, though, so if there are any further rounds they’ll certainly be very interesting to read/participate in.

1 Like

Too bad we lost but it was pretty entertaining. But seriously though, I felt like I was barely participated compared to some of you and even I felt unbelievably stressed. Despite losing I enjoyed this, but I’ll still be sitting out the next one. Maybe I’ll try again in the future.

Going through and rereading some of the old posts, there were some subtle hints that indicate who the spies were. Kinda interesting stuff.

Depending on what you regard as chaos, but it isn’t something I could pin-point. Still, I guess that a good answer would be after I called Kurugaya Anego. After that I started making some decisions basing myself off of coin tossing. Later I’d decide how to defend my choices with somewhat logical arguments.

You were a tough oponent and don’t worry, I never got offended by anything you said. Even if I had been a buster I wouldn’t have taken your words at face value. That said, it’s true that your guilt-tripping gave me some breathing room. Had it not been for that I reckon that you would have had tons more credibilty.

1 Like