Kazamatsuri Plays The Resistance II: Rewrite [Finished - Okaken Victory]

What are you talking about? Are you implying that you’re a spy? What proof do you have for being one? Honestly, Yoshino-kun (@Pepe), the other spy, can attest to my claim, ya know…

Pepe must not be a very good Organization member considering he passed two missions.
Or maybe…
You could be the loner and you’re lying about it so the assassin doesn’t kill you!
Or maybe…
You aren’t the loner and you’re trying to distract the assassin from the real loner!

This is some 4D chess, my friends.

I dunno what he was gonna do but he was probably trying to make himself less suspicious, maybe? That’s why I suggested to try another mission with the same members… To force him to “fail” it.

Okay, actually, I’ll admit it, I ain’t a spy, I’m just fooling around~ I wanted to see who’s gonna react first and confirm my theories. Chi-chan is a spy as I thought, the others would be Esaka-san and Shizuru-chan, I guess? Unless you’re lying too but the real deal will show up anyway. By the way, since I just loooove showing off my deductive skills (heh) I’ll tell you a little something. I’ve long since figured out the identities of the loner and the observer!
The observer is prez-san… aaah, she acted real suspicious… As for the loner, you can know who it is by the witch’s actions, right~?
As for why I’m telling you this… Well, you see… I wanted to get to the let’s guess who is who phase but we never got there… I was so disappointed, and it seems like I can give up on winning and help with identifying the unknown! Yosh, the true traitor has shown unless I’m trying to make things confusing~

Well its been fun watching how things played out. Truth is, though, I’ve known who I was going to assassinate since the beginning of the game. I’ve already sent in my pick to @Mogaoscar, now let’s all wait for his final call.

Good game either way~

It ain’t over until yhe fat lady sings; one thing i learned from playing this game. What’s important is that nobody reveals their identity until @Mogaoscar has confirmed.

Also equally important is that the loner never say who they are; because the organization still has a chance to win if they figure out who the loner is.

Oh I guess I didn’t see the announcement and we already won; well I guess it’s time for the organization members to reveal themselves and talk about who they wanna kill off; for now, I’ll just watch~

Oh really? Just curious, who did you pick?

Now, now, if I have to sit here in suspense until mogaoscar reveals the ending then everybody else does too:ahaha:

Ugh… Okay, I know, you most likely chose Pepe. If not, it’d be either Necem… Or maybe me :shock: ?!

@Necem would have been my guess if I was the assassin.

Now, sorry for the delay, but I had to get the “Song for Friends” arrange done for the contest and I wasn’t sure how much it was going to take me.

Here’s then the resolution:

The five mission members started their search in their own homes before proceeding to the houses of the rest of the Okaken members. They couldn’t find anything of interest in neither of their homes, so they proceeded to their fellow Okaken members’ houses, starting with Esaka.

Since they couldn’t find anything in Esaka’s house either, they thought that he could still be hiding something in his shop, so there they went. Because of the gigantic place it was, they had to spread out to search the whole shop for clues. Finally, Kotori, while being alone, found some manifests with all the Okaken members’ names on it and procedures to blackmail them and obtain information from them. There were only 3 people excluded from the blackmailing procedures: Chihaya, Shizuru and Esaka himself. That could only mean one thing, those were the Organization members that they were after. Kotori silently put that document in her pocket and decided to go back were the rest are. However, she found out the door out of that windowless room to be closed.

Gas started emerging from a small hole in a wall, knowing what that meant, Kotori started screaming and banging the door before starting to feel dizzy. At that point, she became only slightly smarter and thought that a better solution for the moment was to fill the hole with something to stop it from dumping gas into the room. Unfortunately, it was too late, so she fell unconcious, although she was able to barely escape death.

After a while, they found out Kotori had been locked in that room and had to kick the door down to reach her and find out that she had passed out. Fortunately, Inoue was cautious enough to don’t let anyone get close to her. Before anything she reached for her pockets and found the document that pointed who the Organization members were. Case closed. Shizuru, who had appeared out of nowhere pulled out a knife and headed straight for Inoue, but being outnumbered she was put down by Yoshino with the help of Inoue herself, while Akane turned around and prevented Chihaya from going anywhere.

They immobilized them, called the police and told them to go get Esaka after explaining them all the obscure operations the Organization had been carrying out.

After some weeks, the Police had already seized most of the illegal items that the Organization held, and had put into jail many of its members.

This is how the Okaken managed to make justice and saved the city from this oppressive Organization.

So yeah, the Okaken won. The Assassin leader voted to kill Kotori (@Kawaii-is-Justice), but she wasn’t the loner. You’re free to say which were your roles and discuss whatever you want about the game. I’d also appreciate it if you had some meta comments on the game: if you’d change some rules, modify some mechanics, add or take out from the game roles, etc.

So with this, the second Resistance game has officially finished in Kazamatsuri.

1 Like

Haha, I feel so proud of myself for winning on my very first game of the Resistance~ Having guessed four out of five of the identities of the people with special roles made me feel so badass… Again, is the observer you @Pepe or is it @RedRavenW? Either of them having the observer role is believable for me but I’d say it’s most likely Pepe since he picked both Necem (loner) and Hardscope (spy) in his team. He probably expected that the one who’d reject the team would be the loner… As for RedRavenW, since he didn’t speak much, I couldn’t really “analyze” him and thus couldn’t predict what he’d do in what situation but with the team he picked, I think it’s unlikely.
But I was so sure it was Likeaneko! It was thanks to that I found Hardscope and Necem, honestly.

By the way, I sort of tried to put in “traps” in the game beforehand… No one noticed them and they really helped out, haha!

The first one was “Let’s not say anything before the vote results show up”… That one was not put in the intent of analyzing voting patterns buuuuut to limit the spies conversations and making them sort of unable to discuss between them what to vote unless they want to stand out! Yay, they fell for it!

The second one came after I had like a big hunch on the identity of Hardscope… The team suggestion! I didn’t really care that much about what team would go (although I was very disappointed for making that mistake…) even though the suggestion I made was actually pretty good, what I cared for was who’d be against it. It was more than just likely that Hardscope’s partner would be against it… They didn’t really agree on what to do and I was sure of it since the only one Hardscope ever had sort of a conversation with was me so… The boss couldn’t trust Hardscope to properly fail the mission on the next round and thus couldn’t accept it. With a reasoning like that, Khsellhu was my biggest suspect. Yay, he totally fell for it!

Seeing as he was close to being a leader, I thought it’d be confirmed by seeing if he picks himself… And he did! But I’m still confused how everyone had actually accepted that mission since its chances of success were close to zero. Honestly, the very fact that no one was against it before the teams vote session should’ve made it obvious that there were spies there. The spies wouldn’t try to all reject a team at the same time if a team doesn’t contain a spy, no… They would rather try to convince us to reject the team instead because we outnumber them, get it?

As for Arete, it was more of a “hunch” and I didn’t have much proof. It could’ve been anybody but Arete sort of stood out to me as the assassin. I was gonna try to get the proof a bit later but never got to… But what I find hilarious is that I actually pointed out was that Arete could be the assassin at the very beginning of the game.

Also, I dunno if it could be called a trap or if it worked or anything since it wasn’t on purpose but… I remember saying something about the “Team being failed twice is fine” to Arete, did that sort of contribute to the fourth mission’s results? Oh well, whatever, I won’t read too much into it.

But, honestly, I knew for sure that we were going to win the game right after the results of the last mission since that confirmed to me that Arete was the assassin. Seeing how Arete played so far, it was pretty obvious that he analyzes the votes too much, it should go without saying that I’d end up as the loner. And so, you should probably analyze the votes less, @Arete~

I think it’s such a shame that we never got to the best phase where we have to convince others on who is who and especially my picking the team… It was right after Necem’s too!

By the way, I still think that the player chat of the game on Discord is a bad idea… Depending on the questions, it’s actually possible to give an idea on who is who and it can also be used as a way to mislead others. The Discord sever is probably best left for the spectators to discuss. Well, if you think it’s still fine to use it, I suggest people to be careful on what to ask there and to avoid getting ideas from there… I guess.

Finally, this game was very fun~ I really enjoyed making up theories. I might end up playing if there’s ever a next one but even spectating sounds fun. Oh well, my only regret was not properly roleplaying Kotori. I ended up fooling around a bit too much~

Oh ho :smug:
I had no role in this game unfortunately and for the most part I wasn’t really sure what I was doing but it seemed I mislead everyone in a good way for the victory of the Okaken so all is well!