Kazamatsuri Plays The Resistance II: Rewrite [Finished - Okaken Victory]

Hey! I’m Ohtori Chihaya! Can we just get started already??!

So I’m the last one… Why am I needed here again? For those who don’t know I’m Senri Akane… Can I leave?

Alright. 'Tis time to go by feeling!

@Mogaoscar, I have decided that @Necem and @Pepe will accompany me on this mission!

Time’s come! The first team has been presented: @Natsume, @Pepe and @Necem.
Try to vote using the Discord commands. If an error were to occur, you can still vote PMing me on Discord or replying to the forum message I sent you assigning your roles. Vote saying Approve or Reject.

You have 24 hours to vote before your vote is skipped.

1 Like

There isn’t anything else we could do for the first mission anyway.

Now, last time analyzing voting patterns was the big thing and especially the first vote seemed to be important and was referred to the entire game. It didn’t work out in the end but I guess thats one way to handle this game.

But I plan to try my approach from the last game again. Voting yes for the first team, see how the mission goes and decide what to do afterward.

Last time, everyone who voted yes in the first round was instantly suspected because people who played resistance a few times already seemed to like voting no the first round to ‘gather information’.

You get to know what I voted for anyway, so here you have it: I’m starting with yes for the first team.

Similar to Necem, I am voting yes for the 1st round. There is literally no info available right now, so I want to see how it will play out.

I agree with Esaka-san and Inoue-san, there’s no reason to reject this team. And even if we were to lose this round, we’d gain lots of informations so I suppose it’s fine either way (tho I doubt they’ll make a move in the very first round). Anyway, Kotori-san Approves.

Maybe I’m being overly cautious but I’m taking my strategy from cj and rejecting the first team, ironically to see who also rejects it. The first couple rounds don’t mean much on their own but they can be the beginning of game-long voting trends, and I want to be able to see that.

I’m voting accept because I have no idea WTF I’m doing.

Kotori pats Chihaya’s head and talks to her in the kindest way possible
“Don’t worry, Chi-chan, I’m sure you’ll understand one of these days. It’s already good enough that you didn’t just follow whatever Prez decides on.”
And offers her a bag full of cookies to congratulate her.

4 Likes

Heh, good to see you trusting me as your ally in this mission, Tennouji. But don’t think this changes anything! We are still rivals and I’m not going to let you have your way with this mission.
A bit odd you would choose that nosy photographer for this mission, but no matter. I’ll make sure this mission passes even if I have to finish it myself.

The voting has concluded. The team has been approved with 8 approve votes and only one reject vote. The detailed results are the follwing:

@Hardscope ---------------------------> Approve
@Natsume -----------------------------> Approve
@Khsellhu ------------------------------> Approve
@Kawaii-is-Justice ------------------> Approve
@Pepe ----------------------------------> Approve
@arete ----------------------------------> Reject
@LikeANeko --------------------------> Approve
@Necem--------------------------------> Approve
@RedRavenW ------------------------> Approve

This means that the team will carry out the mission. @Natsume, @Necem and @Pepe should vote using the Discord commands or PMing me in either Discord or the Forum. You have 24 hours to do so!

Results will be a bit delayed however since I’ll be writing a decent story to go with the mission results.

I didn’t say anything because it was the first round, but remember from now on to use italics on your posts to indicate roleplaying. We don’t want missunderstandings with the roleplaying so we should better differentiate it from the rest.

How am I supposed to analyse voting patterns if you all just vote approve?! Well that plan’s out of the window. Oh well.

I still think some caution would have been nice. Esaka and Kotori implied that even if there’s an Organization member on the team they’ll vote succeed to not draw attention to themselves, but you’re not thinking about another option they’d have: If they make this mission fail that’d cast doubt on the whole team! That would be 2 true Okaken members that we’d have to doubt right from the beginning of the game.

We ought to all change our profile pictures to our character…

1 Like

Shizuru-chan… You know, either outcome for this mission would work in our favor… If this mission is a success then “Yay! We’ve won! Two rounds left.” And if this mission is a failure then we know for sure that either Kotarou-kun (@Natsume), Yoshino-kun (@Pepe) or Inoue-san (@Necem) is a suspect without a single doubt. Honestly, the failure outcome would work more in our favor than them.

And, I do see your point but… The “let’s reject this team to analyze the voting pattern”, right? That tactic was honestly doomed to fail from the very moment Inoue-san posted that she was gonna accept this team… The fact that I and Esaka-san (@Khsellhu) did the same thing makes it even more likely that everyone was gonna accept, including the organisation members even if all members of this team are true Okaken members… To top it all, the fact that you, Shizuru posted something about rejecting it would make you look like a suspect since you’re the odd one here so… Yes, trying to analyze the voting pattern of this team doesn’t work. The tactic I see them using right now is that they’re trying to blend in with everyone who they know is gonna accept and make a certain someone, you, try to look suspicious. Oh, but I don’t suspect you just yet, you know? Since you’re the only one who rejected the team, it seems like you either are the assassin’s leader or a true Okaken member or… Well, I’d rather not go and say that.

Anyway, this is why I’d like to suggest something. From now on, let’s avoid telling each other what we’re going to vote. The reason behind that is simple, it’d be possible to analyze the voting pattern.The organisation members won’t know what we’re going to pick and trying to blend in would be impossible for them. Of course, if you have any suspicions about someone chosen for the team and you have complains over who is picked, then yeah, you go and say them while having an actual reason behind that and not just a gut feeling. But try not to say if you’re gonna acept or reject… If you have complaints over what I just suggested, please, let everything out. That’d help a lot.

[quote=“Arete, post:54, topic:3901”]…but you’re not thinking about another option they’d have: If they make this mission fail that’d cast doubt on the whole team! That would be 2 true Okaken members that we’d have to doubt right from the beginning of the game.
[/quote]

And what’s wrong with that, young missus? If we don’t doubt each other, we’ll get nowhere. Or are you perhaps implying that we shouldn’t doubt others and just let the organisation win?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that we should also post our reasoning for choosing either “Accept” or “Reject” the team after the results are out. We need this sort of info. By the way, those who didn’t say anything about why they accepted the current team, it’d be nice if you were to tell us that now. I imagine you’re all going to give the same reasoning as I, Esaka-san and Inoue-san but it’s best to outright say it. We need any sort of info we can get from everyone’s posts.

Hmph, all of you trying to analyze the voting patterns so much. It’s pretty meaningless when all the voters are idiots who can arbitrarily make decisions on a whim. The only way to capture liars like these is to corner them and force them to make a decision. But that only happens when they’re on the brink of defeat, after all; liked a caged animal almost.

(Seriously though, after playing avalon a few times both online and IRL I’ve learned that, personally, voting decisions don’t matter much until maybe the last two missions. And that’s only if you can figure out by then if the team you’re voting for is actually on your side)

Honestly, voting patterns analyzing would never work on the first try. To make it into a pattern, there should be more rounds.
I don’t think we should make a suspect out of Shizuru-kun (@Arete) based just on this voting, nor do we have to make other people clear. What I’ve wanted to see is how this mission would play out. As Kotori-kun (@Kawaii-is-Justice) said, both results will be favorable for us. If it plays out nice, then we have only 2 more missions left to win, if it doesn’t… we get a solid hint on the Organization member. You say, that we will have to suspect two good members if this round fails… but what if there were more than 1 enemy on the team? You never know. Well, probably unless you are on the Organization side.

That people start to think to much about the first vote is exactly what I wanted to avoid by revealing my vote this early. Now we have an even start for everyone and we can start analyzing and speculating after the first mission.

Thankfully it was a sunny day. The slightly weird team composed by an arrogant prick, a weeaboo (even though he’s Japanese) and a tryhard journalist set off and saw themselves get surrounded by the abundant vegetal life of Kazamatsuri’s forest.

The loner had previously left some instructions about how to get to the location he was at, so thanks to Kotarou’s Mappy, they could get there easily. On the way, Yoshino kept dashing between trees and hitting them to train, while Inoue didn’t stop taking pictures during the whole trip.

The members finally got to the place in which a few days back, the loner had been standing at. From there they could see something similar to a cave, except that instead of being enclosed with stone walls, the walls were made of dense vegetation. It was almost as if someone had carved them into that shape. Besides that one, there was another small vegetal cave, more similar to a hut, just big enough to fit an object the size of a chest.

They thought that this must’ve been the place the Organization members had been using to trade stuff while remaining unseen. It could also make possible anonymous deals, as they could just leave the goods in the small hut and then have the other person check them.

At that point, Inoue was sharp enough to think that they might have left something in there from all the trades that had happened during the hut’s existence. Like that, they started to search both the bigger cave and the small hut. Unfortunately, they found nothing, but not willing to give up, Yoshino and Kotarou decided to make it a competition and started digging thinking that they might have burrowed something. And they were correct. Yoshino found a key with a note that read

"Storage, 110101.100100100000000100011000010101010110010010001101010101, 100111001.10010010101100111011100110100011100011000001100100011.

Kotarou and Yoshino stood clueless while the only person with a bit of intelligence in that group confirmed the evident: it was a code in binary. While Inoue stated that she could convert it back to decimal, she couldn’t at the moment as she’d need a calculator which she didn’t bring with her.

Thinking that it was a good finding, they decided to go back to town. The mission could’ve been considered a success.

So the mission can be considered a success! Remember, this means that all the 3 mission members have voted Success.

Bonus minigame
It is now a job for the Okaken to discover what the clue they found means. Feel free to post your thoughts about this if you are bored.

I’ll give you 1 day to solve the minigame (and to allow myself time to think about a good narrative for the second mission) before posting the details about this second mission. However, the next team leader will be @Pepe, so you may as well start talking about who’s going to perform the next mission.

1 Like