Kazamatsuri.org AIR Bookclub Podcast Part 2: Minagi Route

Bringing the Minagi Route portion of the AIR Bookclub to a close, I am proud to present the Minagi Route Podcast! I am extremely happy with how this turned out. A huge thank you to everyone who was involved, as well as all the forum members for contributing some awesome discussion to keep us talking! In my opinion, this is our best podcast to date, so I highly recommend you all give it a listen! Also, hooray, we met the 2-hour time limit this time! Pachi pachi pachi.

The episode has been added to the xml feed, and you can also download the mp3 here. Otherwise, you can view the podcast on Youtube below.

Thank you to Chesca for her fanart, and also thank you to SuikaShoujo for her fanart, which unfortunately was unable to be included in the podcast as it was submitted after recording. Your contributions are very valued!

You can listen to the previous episode here, and if you'd like to learn more about the AIR Bookclub, please view our original post.

Music used:
0:00 - Away Rainbow - ARIA -Air arranged album- by WAVE
6:47 - Yuunagi -away reminiscence- - ARIA -Air arranged album- by WAVE
14:00 - Reminiscence -Prologue- - ARIA -Air arranged album- by WAVE
17:36 - Yume Gatari (Speaking of Dreams) - TAM & Pico key Arrange CD
25:24 - Denshou (Legend) - PERFECT SELECTION -AIR- Aozora no Suzu by Chelsea Gumi
33:35 - Kawa (River) - AIR Original Soundtrack
40:00 - Koko (This Place) - AIR Original Soundtrack
53:03 - Futari (Two of Us) - Acoustic Guitar De "Air" by Namaoto Shugi
1:08:38 - Gin'iro (Silver) - AIR Original Soundtrack
1:17:22 - Kotowari (Reason) - AIR Original Soundtrack
1:21:33 - Sousei (Twin Stars) - AIR Original Soundtrack
1:36:07 - Futari (Two of Us) - scenic -key classical collect- by TAMUSIC
1:45:36 - Altair And Vega (Balearic Starlight Remix) - Angel Rings by ALiCE'S EMOTiON
1:59:07 - Farewell Song (short version) - AIR Original Soundtrack

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-org-air-bookclub-podcast-part-2-minagi-route/
5 Likes

Fantastic podcast, gents. Just finished listening to it, and while I found multiple moments where the words came to me in better ways than at the time of recording- I’m proud to be a part of this. Good work, MŒBOYs.

Best route.

2 Likes

I sound much better than during the last Monthly Terra recording. I still stutter a lot here, but I feel like I’m getting a little better. I’m glad I made sort of a script for myself from my notes, since that helped ease up some of my nervousness. Everyone else sounds really great. I still think I need work, but there’s always time for improvement. Also, love the music choice at 1:08:38 and especially 1:36:07.

I’m very humbled to have been part of this podcast. I had a lot of fun talking to everyone on the podcast, and I had a lot of fun discussing on the threads with everyone as well. As the MVP of this route, I have a lot to owe to everyone that helped contribute to both the Minagi thread and the Michiru thread, especially @NotKyon, @Pepe, @Takafumi and @yerian98. Thank you all for helping make all this possible. :slight_smile:

Minagi best girl. <3

3 Likes

Yay, you brought in the Link Thinks section!

During the bubble conversation, there was something you didn’t bring up. It was going to be the focus of the Minagi-part of my theory thing… but I got lazy x.x

Michiru can’t blow bubbles, and this reflects the symbolism mentioned.
Yukito also can’t blow bubbles.
Minagi is the one who teaches them. She’s the one who taught them to stop forcing things, and to stop trying so hard.

The other topic I had in mind in relation to the route was the damaging effects of dependence.
A mother dependent on an unborn baby.
A girl dependent on a familiar child.
A boy dependent on a vague dream.

The Minagi route is my favorite AIR route overall… but that’s not saying much. It was too slow, largely due to bad time management. It got repetitive. I didn’t like 1 of the 3 main characters. The characters feel irritatingly simple. There wasn’t much worthwhile meaning to the story, and struggled to have a coherent message. Like I said in the route thread, it just seemed like they didn’t know what they wanted to do with the route.
Casual Minagi was nice, and she pretty much carried AIR for me, but she needs to grow up definitely.

1 Like

That was a great podcast! There were some really interesting theories/interpretations in there.

Also (Podcast spoiler / Key point) I didn’t make that connection between Minagi and Yukito’s mother… That’s a really good point. My working theory was that Yukito felt an older connection to Minagi, as though she was the embodiment of something older… But I think the mother explanation is a much better fit.

[quote=“EisenKoubu, post:3, topic:992”]
Minagi best girl. <3
[/quote]Minasuzu!? There should be a mod for the Minasuzu route.

And so now I will focus on the Kano route…

Absolutely amazing podcast everyone! I feel so bad that I didn’t participate because there were soooo many points that I wanted to interject with XD

Thanks @EisenKoubu for your answer to my wings question. I still am pretty confused about it, but you did bring up the point that flying does not necessarily mean happiness. I also absolutely adored @Bowiie’s observation (it was bowiie, right?) about the stardust, and it was one thing that I myself did not notice, along with the numbers :slight_smile:

If I do have some things to comment about, it’ll be in defense of both endings:

For the normal ending, I forgot to mention this, but the feeling I got from it was this kind of guilty pleasure. Like I know it is wrong and I know it’s not what they are supposed to be doing, but it felt so right. Yukito holding Minagi in his arms just felt complete and I just couldn’t describe how guiltily happy it made me. I guess it’s just my love for romance screaming again :slight_smile:

For the good ending, especially Minagi’s dad having another Michiru, I honestly think it could not have worked as well without it. One of the major points of Minagi’s route was being able to get over the death of her sister. If she can’t handle having another sister without getting all sad about her last sister, then that only means she hasn’t gotten over Michiru. But since it was shown that she can now treat the new Michiru as a new sister while still keeping value with the memories of the old one, then that represents true closure. Admittedly, naming her “Michiru” as well was a bit of a stretch, and I think any other name would have done fine, but actually having the sister, I feel, was important to the story. I guess I brought that up a bit in the Minagi topic

My only other comment is that there are so many other things that I think could have been talked about, but that would be pushing it to be waaaay above two hours xD

Finally, congrats to Eisen/David for winning MVP! I was honestly afraid that you would run out of things to say during the podcast because of all the posting you’ve been doing in both topics, but I guess you proved me wrong :slight_smile:

3 Likes