Kazamatsuri.org AIR Bookclub Anthology

Bringing the AIR Bookclub to a close, I am proud to finally present the AIR Bookclub Anthology. This video combines all of the efforts of the community over the course of the Bookclub together as a final send-off. Also included are recorded messages from select members of the community answering

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-org-air-bookclub-anthology/
11 Likes

Really good job @Aspirety and @Bizkitdoh!

This was a fantastic video to conclude a fantastic bookclub. Everyone that said what AIR means to them had such great and passionate thoughts that I was very interested to hear. I also especially loved the credits, it was clear a lot of effort was put into them and they look great.

The chorus then also tied it together wonderfully. I was hearing about Biz make certain people the focus of certain parts, but I didn’t expect him to do it this well. I could really hear and appreciate each individual that contributed to the chrous.

Can’t wait for the CLANNAD bookclub!

3 Likes

This has turned out fantastic, I only wish I had found this site in time for the Bookclub!

2 Likes

This was an amazing thing to wake up to! The wait for the Farewell Song chorus in particular was worth it, but the whole thing was really fun to listen to.

When the Clannad book club rolls around, I hope to be more active, both in fanart and in discussion.

3 Likes

You did a good job! It is so fantastic use music and pictures.

1 Like

There was another idea that didn’t really work out because I’m just not good enough for it, so I just stuck to trying to make people exclusive to certain sides, finding the right complimentary voices and working a lot on timing. Glad you enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Great video you guys. This video and the book club as a whole not only reminded me of why I joined this community but also made me happy and grateful to be a part of this community. A community where not only do we say we like a certain franchise/series (Key’s works in this case) but we delve into what a certain series means to us, what we got out of it and why we like it in an analytical and intellectual manner. As someone who hasn’t read AIR yet and is only familiar with the anime, I can say that this video and the book club for that matter made me even more determined to read AIR and I can’t wait to get to it when I do. Not to mention, the Farewell Song chorus was amazing and was the perfect coda for the book club.

So overall, great job everybody and I can’t wait for the Clannad book club.

1 Like

Just hope it happens before/after Harvest Festa release. I want a HF bookclub.

That won’t happen without a Rewrite bookclub beforehand, which isn’t happening for quite some time.

Good work MŒBOYS!

4 Likes

I was smiling the entire time that I was watching this. That sentence alone says enough about what I feel about this video.

That being said, big thanks to @Aspirety for creating this video and this bookclub in its entirety! So much great quirks with the video as well. Like how @LinkThinks’s message synced up with his own piano performance. And how you even made a credits roll together with our farewell song chorus. Absolutely perfect!

Props to @Bizkitdoh as well for your message. I was tearing up listening to what you said, bro. I really like the idea that you got from it, and it’s definitely something I’ll remember.

All-in-all this was a really great way to tie the knot closing down the bookclub, and I can look back on it with a smile in my face, and a special place in my heart. Now, onto Charlotte Clannad!!!

4 Likes

Wow great stuff guys. I must admit, after seeing my video in there and also after meeting @Pepe through this site I’ve never experienced such a coalescence of my real life self and a character I play online (though having said that, on here I’m basically a filtered version of myself, ie. just me without any slang ^_^*).

I suppose I should probably stop lurking in the Line chat and get to know you all then, great stuff!

1 Like

Nobody uses Line, we’re all on Skype :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bravo Aspi I loved the video especially the mixing. Everything slotted together very nicely and had a very natural flow that made it feel like a commemoration. Was the perfect bow to top off the bookclub.

b-but… I use LINE ;_;

And Skype too

And sometimes IRC

:v

Line ftw!

Anyway. Really enjoyed that! It was especially nice to see some of the art again and hear everybody’s thoughts. (I regret not sending in my own recording, but the mic quality would’ve been terrible probably.)

I’m looking forward to the Clannad bookclub, as well as future events! These are extremely fun for me and I hope to see you all there again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhh that’s why the Line chat dies a bit sometimes. I use skype for other things unfortunately so I might have to stick with Line ^_^*