"Kazamatsuri Forums: The Visual Novel" Ideas

I volunteer myself for the role of best girl heroine, I will be perfect for the role considering I will happily kick Sunohara’s @MagusVerborum’s ass on a daily basis. But it’s not because I like him or anything!

3 Likes

I’m a bit late to this party but i would love to have a role in this beautiful story

1 Like

I am very late to this party, so I’ll gladly take the one role I’m sure it’s still free: following the footsteps of Masato I nominate myself as the tree :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’d like to pitch in a story draft

The setting is the Internet Academy, a boarding school.
When classes end and the students are free to attend clubs or return to their dorms, they put on masks. With their identities concealed, they fight and slander each-other as a pastime. In order to create an oasis in this chaotic world of hatred and violence, @Aspirety and @technololigy have founded Kazamatsuri, a club where students were to come together in a friendly environment and engage in intellectual dialogue as well as friendly sparring matches in order to one day become a big, big family.

Kazamatsuri is a fan club of Key, a multimedia corporation that fills all of its works with messages of love and hope. Those who share these values have come together under Aspirety’s leadership as the club keeps growing. Little by little, the members started opening up to each-other and showing their real selves instead of hiding behind their masks. By opening up, they also make themselves vulnerable, which sometimes leads to conflicts, which they try to solve with the help of the others while abiding by Kaza’s code of conduct. Establishing connections to Key is also one of Kazamatsuri’s goals.

There is no protagonist. The perspective keeps switching from one character to another, mostly in short arcs.

There are no big boss enemies as of yet. Occasionally, some disruptive students classified as “trolls” and “haters” will join Kaza or attack its members to disturb the peace. There’s also spies and schemers who secretly aim to take control of Kaza or to recruit its members for their own clubs.

Superpowers and action battles are a thing. The superpowers hurt, but they rarely cause serious injuries.

Any user can be a character. New ones can join at any time. For a start, let’s go with these:

• Aspirety - Charismatic leader of Kazamatsuri. Aims to nurture and expand Kazamatsuri and to spread its ideal of peace and dialogue throughout the school

• technololigy - a hobby inventor who turns the Kaza clubroom into a high-tech base and creator of Yumemi

• Yumemi - Kaza mascot, a friendly and helpful robot built by technololigy

• HeliosAlpha, Pepe, cjlim2007, Bizkitdoh - the official disciplinary commitee of Kaza, hand-picked by Aspi, keeping peace and helping out troubled members

• Naoki-Saten - veteran member, nicknamed "self-proclaimed prefect*, a grumpy guy who goes around pushing his ideals of a perfect Kaza member onto others

• Kanon - veteran member, a noisy guy who always plays the role of the fool. His true nature is only known to very few

• Takafumi - a mysterious veteran member who often joins the big discussions but also disagrees with everyone

Alternatively, the setting could be changed from a school to a city. Kaza would then become a recreation center of sorts.

9 Likes

I like the idea of multiple perspectives :umu:

I also volunteer to have some kind of part on this, if you’re okay with me. FUTSUTSUKA MONO DESU GA

1 Like

So, continuing from Naoki’s idea and from what I just mentioned on Discord:

Rather than exclude people out of a protagonist role because they’re too obvious or have other roles or whatever, why not make it a multiple perspective thing where we follow the stories of anyone who volunteers as a protagonist (either by a day-system or something) and then dedicate those mini arcs to those who don’t?

For example, if Aspi’s the founder of “Kazamatsuri”, then you could have him as a sort of protagonist whose perspective is the behind the scenes, and also put in the more regular Kaza members as protagonists as well and see how joining and interacting on Kaza unfolds from there, considering that this would be close to something like a RP, where everything would be written as a group together anyway.

Only problems to beware of would be cliques from protagonist positions, I guess? :thinking:

If we wanted to make sure we cover every grounds in terms of perspective we could always release “multiple volumes”. It’d be like Angel Beats except we would actually release them :smug:

3 Likes

The true end of the VN is me getting banned from Kaza because I won’t read Rewrite

3 Likes

I can be the wilting kouhai character who may or may not be related to one of the heroines :'D

1 Like

I’d just like to ask a favor from everyone here before you start running with these ideas. I believe that Kazamatsuri prides itself as a community built by real people with real ideas. This is kind of the reason we’ve never really encouraged a roleplay topic or something of that sort. As such, I’d like to ask that whatever character assignment you do in this topic will remain only inside this topic.

Outside of the topic, in the rest of the forum, and the discord especially, I would appreciate it if you could continue to refer to them and their real personas, and not, say, calling Mitsuna your imouto or calling Magus the Secret Dark Lord Satan or even calling me a disciplinary committee member. Mitsuna is Mitsuna and Magus is Magus and Pepe is Pepe, and I hope we can all respect that outside this topic :umu:

That said, carry on~

If you’d like to make things more accurate to the actual state of things, Helios wouldn’t be part of the disciplinary committee and it would instead be Gnashes, watching from the shadows,

HeliosAlpha would probably be Kazamatsuri’s news reporter who, instead of trying to spread crazy news, kills off any sort of baseless gossip with a large bazooka or something of that sort
(nekotea and BlackHayate02 would also be news reporters :umu:)

6 Likes

That’s been a running joke on the discord for a while, so I hope you’ll let that one fly. :yahaha:

Now this is what I like to see. Keep them ideas comin’.

I do like the multiple perspectives idea a lot, but I probably agree with @Natsume

I think we should probably limit the number of protagonists who the story majorly follows in order to stop things from getting messy.

With that said, I have a proposal, an addition or amendment of sorts to Naoki’s proposal:

And lastly, I would really like it if we had some of us forum members get antagonistic roles. The lack of any antagonism, or using solely faceless antagonists would just be boring. This is just a story and all in good fun, so I don’t see a problem with it. In saying, now that we have enough nominations for protagonist roles, I would like to withdraw from the running and nominate myself as an antagonist. I’d be fine with pretty much any role, but to be honest I only nominated myself for protag in the first place to give us some options, and if I got to choose I would prefer an antagonistic role. I’d be totally happy with being the Team Rocket that gets blasted away every damn chapter.:ohoho:

Edit: One concern that just occurred to me: If we have multiple perspectives, how do we manage different routes - particularly the true route? Do we need to make it a Kinetic Novel? I at least would vastly prefer it if we had a traditional Visual Novel format with different character routes and potentially a true route.

1 Like

Story pitch: A joke ending involving saving the world school with the power of hands.

Aww yiss, we really need a fact-check reporter in stories sometimes~

I am very fine with this :))))))

1 Like

Time for some additions and adjustments, then

• Gnashes, Pepe, cjlim2007, Bizkitdoh - the official disciplinary commitee of Kaza, hand-picked by Aspi, keeping peace and helping out troubled members. Each of them follows their own principles of maintaining peace: stealth, love, smol and fun. (Also known as the four heavenly kings of the Kaza royal guard… wait, that sounds like you’re supposed to fight them. Scratch that.)

• HeliosAlpha, BlackHayate02 - the Kazamatsuri news reporters, a senpai-kouhai duo. They keep the Kazamatsurians informed on Key news and on what’s happening in the internet academy. In their pursuit of truth, they also quell fake news and baseless gossip. If need be, they make use of their huge (bazooka-shaped) megaphones. According to a rumor, there is a third Kaza reporter.

• machelmore - a student bearing a deep-seated hatred to all things positive. He sees arrogance in goodwill, selfishness in love and dependance in friendship. He seeks to “expose the lies of Key” and to “rid the world of false hope.”

• MagusVerborum - A rookie with a particularly serious case of chuunibyou. One day, he secretly meets a mysterious person calling themselves “Seraph”, who promises Magus they would awaken the powers from his past life in exchange for faithfully completing their secret missions.

• rin - a member who will get banned eventually

• Leale - Kazamatsuri garden caretaker who sometimes experiences a recurring identity crisis

• Draconyan - a rookie looking for a place to belong

We could do it like Ever17 and keep changing perspectives between several protagonists during the true route.

3 Likes

Why did I literally just realize that this is just Kazamatsuri High? I think there has to be some sort of okaken here.

2 Likes

I’ve never played Ever17, does it have more than one route? I’d like at least that, in keeping with the traditional Key format and such.

I loved your casting of me by the way.

Well if the school is Kaza high, then wouldn’t the faction of this community naturally be the okaken?

On another note, I made this:
(It’s directly stolen from Clannad by the way. It doesn’t contain spoilers, but you won’t entirely get it if you haven’t read Clannad before.)

You’re all welcome for that epic promo movie.

Excuses

I literally just reproduced the scene from Clannad in Ren’py.

I only had those two images of myself on-hand and my webcam’s quality was too awful to bother with, so I just went with the two I had because I’m lazy.
And yes I had a reason for making that pose originally - for the purpose of creating a different meme funnily enough.

5 Likes

I’m that one character who’s obsessed with Kanon and talks about it non-stop.

3 Likes