Kazamatsuri Chorus! - Farewell Song

The moment I have the house to myself, I’m going all out on this.
If I don’t get the house to myself? We’ll see if I have the courage :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Time to break out the mic, Bizkitdoh i’m sorry in advance.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, hmm you’ve got a point.

To be completely honest, though, I’ve memorized Farewell Song way more than Tori no Uta XD But that’s just me, heh

Ditto. I’d love to do something like this. If I knew the song, I’d be all over it, but I don’t, and I’m not.
Just gonna wait for a better VN to hit the spotlight.

I’d say you don’t need to remember the lyrics, but you do need to remember the words. You should be able to remember how that line was spoken, or how it was used. Nothing is worse than hearing someone string together syllables in an indistinguishable manner.

You’re the best.

You’re all the best. Woohoo!

Really, @atingf set the bar y’all. Keep 'em coming. <3

It’s no stress really. I picked Farewell Song because the people I spoke with found it the most fun and easiest of the 3 AIR songs, so it’s not that I didn’t get with people about the idea- But not to mention it’s still the ED to send us off! If people don’t want to do it, that’s fine, but I don’t see much for excuses. Do it or don’t, I’m not making demands, just asking for people to join in for something fun and try something new. If people have the passion, which is what I’m looking for, they’ll do their best and have fun- And that’s all I ask for.

All that said, I know what you’re saying, but this isn’t something I plan to really tie to much of anything outside this specific instance- But I mean no matter how you cut it singing isn’t ‘easy’ anyways, and I mean learning the song, well… Listen to it a few times and just start singing~ But yeah- Just what people come to me and want to do or whatever I feel like doing personally and sharing with others is what I’m rolling with, which makes the most sense for something that’s a once in a while fun event. This is the only one that’s got some stress on it.

4 Likes

Update time!

So now we have six singers! And we’re looking at having upwards of TEN…! So hang in there with me on my sub-par mixing skills, but we’re going to make this happen- It’s sounds extremely good so far. Thank you everyone who’s sent in a track! This is easily one of the coolest things I’ve been able to be a part of. You all sound fantastic and I’m pretty happy with the current state of it. :wink:

Praise aside- I’m going to be getting with each of you individually (or possibly all at the same time) about aforementioned mixing because I want to make sure everyone is as satisfied as possible with their presence and the general sound of it so far. I’m more than open to criticism on this, seeing as I’m certainly no mixing champion- I want to do you all justice or at the very least make sure you’re satisfied in how you’d like to have the product sound and represent you.

Aaaaaaaand, for now, have a tease of what we have thus far- Just tossed together a quick mix- WITH MAXIMUM LIA TO TROLL. Haha! :stuck_out_tongue: (Leaning towards no Lia for final product, minus the off-vocal tracking, unless you all want her greatness overpowering shadowing you ^.^)

http://puu.sh/hTFkj/70bc26eed8.mp3

10 Likes

+1 We’re damn good 'nuf without her

6 Likes

Bravo that sounded cool can’t wait for the release sorry I just joined up and the only Air I know was the animated movie I watched years ago need to go back and look at this story again

1 Like

Well, I’m glad you’re having fun xD

An update. I wasn’t able to find any time at home alone to record farewell song, so I decided to improvise…

I’ve submitted my recording to Biz for the mix. After the mix is available I might post my own mix in the covers topic~

4 Likes

I literally just shouted “Holy Fuck” upon seeing your pictures, aspi.

Maaaaaaaan that’s freakin’ awesome!

Oh, and this happened.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11558652/Kyuff.mp4

6 Likes

Are you trying to summon naked Hinata into the 3-D world through the power of satan?

Because I approve

Very great. I can’t think you could reach this XD

My mic quality is awful, but I’ll give it a go. Not sure what you guys mean by equalizing but I’ll see what I can do!

Purple bro, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but let me stop you there. If your mic quality is terrible and you don’t know your way around audio, then I can’t guarantee that Biz will let your product into the chorus. The important thing is that he wants this to sound good. You don’t have to be a skilled singer, but if your audio sounds like shit, then that will be a problem.

@Bizkitdoh when will you close Chorus ? I doubt I can only record on this weekend.

It’ll be included in the AIR Bookclub Anthology, to be produced after the end of this week. So the deadline is the end of the week.

Go ahead and try and I’ll let you know if it’s too rough to be viable.

Be ready for the weekend

6 Likes