Kazamatsuri Awards 2014-2016 Nominations

Most of what I would have picked, everyone already mentioned. Still, who could forget Yerian’s “Delicious Loli” in-joke? I nominate that for Best In-Joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://kazamatsuri.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/6/7615374757e374866b66daf31458629aef352550.mp3

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate @Mogaoscar for Most MVP Poster.

For Best Article I’d like to nominate
https://kazamatsuri.org/special-coverage-of-the-2016-key-cafe/

And @BlackHayate02 for Best Artist

Those are the things that come to my mind for now.

3 Likes

I nominate @Whitecrow for the best artist reward for now, I want to nominate more people but most of them are listed here already haha

2 Likes

Aspirety already nomitated many of the people and projects I wanted to, but I still will add some more.

Best Community Event

Are we counting Kazamatsuri’s Secret Santa as a Community Event? If so, then he 2015 one because the one this year hasn’t ended yet.

Best Musician

I’d like to also include @eptakyrios. The AIR transcriptions are really good.

Funniest Member

I think @LinkThinks should be here too, even if they’re not currently active.

Best New Member

I would almost fall into this category, so I don’t know if I have much of a saying here, but either way I’d like to nominate @VyseGolbez and @Khsellhu. Vyse is very friendly and, additionally, he recently started a Let’s Play topic, so that shows he has initiative. Khsell is a lovely person to have around: He can talk about almost anything and he’ll still say relevant things. He also helps a lot with Japanese translation doubts from other members.

Most Helpful Member

I’d like to include @EisenKoubu here because he indirectly taught me how to write proper analysis posts. He was also really friendly and helped me feel like I was part of Kazamatsuri during my first days here, specially during the Kanon Bookclub.

Another mention in this category is @Pepe. He is an incredibly sweet guy who can make a friendly situation out of any kind of tense argument. While this would fall into the Nicest Member category, this is what helped me see how to share my opinion without making anyone angry and to make friends among this line so, in this sense, he helped me by becoming some kind of role model.

Best Lurker

@Natsume Come out of your cave and post things in the forum!

There are still more things to add. I’ll keep editing this post and we’ll see how many people I end up nominating.

7 Likes

Oi, I totally helped with that… -3- It was really fun to join in with! I haven’t seen it in a while though so I’m not sure how far it progressed.

I would like to nominate the secret butts thread for best in-joke and would like to see it revived. +1 for Kanon as funniest member and best girl.

2 Likes

Best Creative Project

K.E.Y Collaboration Manga The K.E.Y. Collaboration Manga This idea is awesome through and through. I love the concept of seeing these characters meet, and the artists attached to the project are extremely talented. I really hope this ends up happening!

Most Interesting Post

@cjlim2007 for this post regarding Harmonia. Harmonia General Discussion It completely changed the way I looked at the game.

Best Podcast

Harmonia. There was so much interesting discussion here. I had an idea of how truly nuanced Harmonia was before listening, but the podcast made me realize it was even deeper than I had previously realized. You guys are analytical whizzes.

Most Helpful Member

@Yerian really helped me fit into the community when I was first getting my sea legs and fumbling around with the forum’s interface.

Nicest Member

@Sonic112003 One of the kindest, most polite people I have ever spoken with on the internet or IRL.

@BlackHayate02 Whenever I’ve spoken with her, I genuinely feel like she takes interest in whatever conversation she might be involved with.

Best Artist

I love every artist on this site, but my favorite might actually be @Ekalina. Not only does she have a wide variety of subjects, but her unique style really brings a new perspective to Key’s colorful casts of characters.

4 Likes

I hate to say it, but this monster has to be the best topic/concept on the forum:

2 Likes

Well I’ll start by nominating members, rather than posts. I need time to dig up them posts, after all.

#Best Artist
You guys nominated all the ones I could think of, but I think @BlackHayate02 and @Ekalina also deserve to be in the running :wink:

#Best Musician
Adding @Glenn_Irish to the running for his great Nirinsou cover

#Most Helpful Member
@cjlim2007 who I’ve been watching from the sidelines :wink:

#Most Informed Member
@s0ewhat for always posting reliable news (even though he sometimes posts them while I’m in the middle of writing an article lol)

#Best Lurker
@Necem will forever be best lurker in my eyes~

#Best Taste
@therationalpi as his santa last year, and considering his requests, I concede best taste award to him

#Nicest Member
Was gonna nominate Tamo but Aspi beat me to it so… I’ll go with @EisenKoubu

#Best New Member
Also to @BlackHayate02

#Best Absent Member
@Ange
Okay I shouldn’t continue that nomination :yahaha:
@rune_devros for still remembering to say “kaza” in chat

#Funniest Member
@Inuconandoyle for never getting out, no matter how many times I tell him to

#Most MVP Poster
@Naoki_Saten for consistently providing interesting discussion in his posts. You go, bro
Would also add in @Kaze for, despite not having much posts in terms of quantity, the quality is top-notch

#Best Girl
Abstaining because @Aspirety already nominated all the active girls on the forum…

#Best Guy
Who else, but our great leader @Aspirety! If it weren’t for him, kaza wouldn’t exist, so he gets mad props for starting this thing and pushing it to become the best dang ol’ community it can be!

7 Likes

Oh my I am honored. I apologize for the fact I had posted before your articles haha.

2 Likes

It’s no problem :smiley: I just get pressured while writing, thinking that I was being too slow haha

Thanks Papa! Hopefully I’ll be able to get the charlotte ED up soon as well… I’m having a really hard time with the strings and Carlos officially backed out today so I contacted someone else for the guitar haha.

2 Likes

Hehe, bad puns rule the world! But seriously, thanks. :smile:

1 Like

Best Article

It’s seriously hard to find anything that competes with the Clannad staff interview, but I’ll be damned if I don’t try. I dug up 3 old relics: an article on the Key oekaki, one on the Clannad Kickstarter, and finally a summary the Anime Expo Fan Party. I feel these also highlight special moments for the Key fandom. Watching the Clannad KS really was a baffling experience. It’s awesome to read the first-hand experience from this Dinner party with Baba&co. I really like the explanation of the Oekaki, and that thing is still going on albeit on a smaller scale.

https://kazamatsuri.org/late-night-60-minute-key-drawing-contest/
https://kazamatsuri.org/clannad-official-english-release-kickstarter-launched/
https://kazamatsuri.org/special-write-up-of-the-key-fan-party-2016-at-anime-expo/

##Best Topic Concept

I’d like someone else’s opinion on this, but what about RLDev for Dummies? It’s not a topic I’d find useful, but there’s a lot of stuff in that topic, and it’s a really unique side of the forum.

2 Likes

Oh gosh

2 Likes

I can’t tell how happy I was when I was reading that. :grin: I really appreciate it so much. You’re a really great friend and I’m glad you find me as a polite person. I was raised to be respectful and kind to others so that speaks for itself. Thank you very much! :grinning:

5 Likes

I wanna start moving into voting soon, so please everyone get your nominations in soon!

I’ve updated the OP with the current nominees, and I removed some categories that didn’t seem to be working well.

I got another nomination for Best Topic Concept, something that was created a few days ago but that already looks quite promising:
https://forum.kazamatsuri.org/t/try-to-anger-as-many-key-fans-as-possible-in-one-sentence/3513
Since it’s technically still created in 2016, I think it should be elligible for an award.

5 Likes

I’ll nominate @Iotheria for Best Lurker!
We definitely need some more Funniest Post nominations.

Oh yeah, I’d like to nominate @Pepe as best taste. Anyone who has Kotori as one of the best girls and loves Kyou route has :+1: taste :))

I’d also like to nominate @Naoki_Saten for funniest member, but mostly for those 30-second summaries he did for some podcasts. XD

5 Likes