Kaza Movie Night!

Aww I hoped for a sunday because I have a speech contest on saturday at that time. Guess Ill have to wait until next time :p.

edit: forget what I said. I checked the link and that answered it. It’s 1:30 AM for me on Sunday. Yep, that’s totally doable for me.

Also wouldnt it be smart to say which version we are gonna use? Not that we get different subs for it. It would be kinda weird when we watch it together.

Awesome! I’ve prepared for it beforehand, so I will be there! :slight_smile:

A Skype group has been created in order to organize smaller details about the movie night. Even though there is now a Skype group, to make things simpler, please continue to post your requests and other ideas here on the forums.

skype:?chat&blob=qcoXC-b-r_c0mWmK4Xk50mDprkoQdKQgV1NYPd6_OQmnZzjvll-wvwwed1Zic7D5Of1DWTEWqkM

to access the Skype group, copy and paste the link above into your browsers address bar and select the second option

Do not click the first option as it will do nothing.

We hope to see you on it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should update the information in the original post with things like current movie, when we’ll watch it, Skype group, stuff like that. It’d just be a lot easier to have a central hub of information to refer to for an event like this. Also make sure it’s plainly visible to help keep confusion to a minimum.

If you could do that it’d be pretty sweet.

5 Likes

I just want to make a quick update to say that even if you wont be able to join this week’s session, still feel free to join the Skype group. If you don’t use Skype, please feel free to send a PM to either me or @Yerian and we will be happy to help.

I hope everyone is ready for tomorrow. Remember, we start at exactly 11:30 UTC. So be ready a bit before. See you there!

Hey guys, just to clarify: It would be great if you could show up early in the skype chat. Obviously, not everyone will be able to do that. But I will be there probably around 11:00 PM UTC at the latest. We’d just like to get started on time, you know :wink:

EDIT: AND holy crap. Just realized we’ve forgotten to include just about everywhere besides inside the poll that this is 11:30 PM UTC. Thats 23:30. I am so so very sorry for any confusion we might have caused.

So with this, Kaza Movie Night was a gigantic success!
Me and @Yerian would like to thank everyone who participated, and will be talking as to which movies will be chosen for the next movie night.

6 Likes

Twas a pretty good night. For another night I’d definitely be up for the AIR Movie or Grave of the Fireflies.

It was pretty enjoyable, yeah! The movie was… pretty damn confusing but fun and quite pretty! To put in my recommendations for the next movie night were a few ones I’ve been meaning to watch but have never gotten around to it

• The Tale of Princess Kaguya
  • The Place Promised in our Early Days
  • Kiki’s Delivery Service
  • The Girl who Leapt Through Time

I completely forgot about this, even though I was available when it started… next time, hopefully I’ll be able to make it. It looks like fun.

1 Like

Poll for voting for Kaza Movie Night #2, on Saturday, May 2, 23:30 UTC is OPEN!

I dare say, the movie was more of a mindfuck than Sucker Punch and the ending of Bioshock Infinite put together. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who was utterly confused about what the heck even happened.
But dayum, the art was gorgeous.

Maybe it was one of those “Don’t think, feel” stories?

2 Likes

I couldnt make it since I wasnt feeling that well, so I went to bed early. Hopefully I will make it next time.

Anyways since I missed the first movie night I want to join the second one and I hope the movie will be Children Who Chase Lost Voices, I love all of Makoto Shinkai’s movies so far and I am definitely looking forward seeing this one with you guys (if it happens).

2 Likes

The AM/PM mistake threw me off, so unfortunately I didn’t/won’t be watching. If the time changes, I’ll try to make it.

I am a huge Makoto Shinkai fan to the point of unabashed bias, but I thought that was his worst movie. It wasn’t bad, but he basically tried to do things that weren’t in tune with his strengths, which I guess as a creator, it makes sense to want to try to branch out, but it just didn’t work out.

^ Please :slight_smile:

Hey guys! Just a reminder that Thursday, April 23 is the last day to vote for next week’s movie. Unlike last session, the race is very close this time, so please get your votes in!

1 Like

Well I wanted to avoid requesting because I know between my timezone and schedule of being busy 7 days a week, there’s not much options, and it would probably be bad for others. Normally sometime around 6am-1pm UTC is good for me. That said, I just realized that since it will actually be the start of Golden Week, if it got moved to May 3rd Sunday 11:30pm UTC, that would actually work since holiday :slight_smile:

1 Like