Kanon Quotes & Screenshots

@niles_wali Where was this quote from?

Itā€™s the dub of a speech by that Ayu girl. Episode 4 of '06, right at the start. Hereā€™s the version in the VNā€¦

2 Likes

This works really good as a info page quote.

ā€œWhen youā€™re halfway through a story, you want to be able to look forward to a happy ending, right? You donā€™t want it to be sad, lifeā€™s tough enough without that. I believe thatā€™s where fiction came fromā€¦ people dreaming about a world where things end happily.ā€ - Shiori

Brutal.

6 Likes

"You really shouldnā€™t see these lines
because theyā€™re blank lines left over
from when I fixed the Great Shiori
Disaster of February 2009.

• Nagato"
  • Shiori Route
7 Likes

A sad illusionā€¦ But at that time, I chose illusion over reality. I pushed the sad reality down into the depths of my heart and accepted this illusion, so I could be at ease. So my weak heart would not be crushed. So I wouldnā€™t hurt my memoriesā€¦
~ Aizawa Yuuichi

ā€œFrom time to time, I feel uneasy. Iā€™m afraid of happiness. Uneasyā€¦ and afraid. That everything I see before me now might just be a dream.ā€
~ Tsukimiya Ayu

I feel a frustration in my chest that makes me want to tear myself apart. All I wanted to do was spend the days peacefully. I wanted my memories to continue to remain a peaceful place forever. Because memories are somewhere where anyone can be at ease. But Iā€™ve abandoned those illusions. The door to those sealed memories has been opened. All that lay on the other side was the truth. The reality is before my eyes. The person that I had lovedā€¦ Tsukimiya Ayuā€¦ No longer exists in this world.
~ Aizawa Yuuichi

2 Likes

Have some adorable sleepy Nayuki images! Sleepy Nayuki is best Nayuki!

8 Likes

I thought Iā€™d post some of my favorite quotes from the series. Wellā€¦ Some are more like monologues than anything, haha.

ā€œI loved the changing seasons. Winter. A city of dancing snow. I loved dashing through the shopping district, leaving behind fresh footprints. Spring. A city of melted snow. I loved to pry away the small clumps of snow still remaining on the tree trunks with my hands. Summer. A city that has forgotten the cold of the snow. I loved gazing out at the misty streets from the gaps between the slanted umbrellas. Autumn. A city that foretells the arrival of the snow. I loved to look up at the clouds and catch the little white crystal that fell from them in the palm of my hands. And then, the season is Winter. The season of snow. The season where the city is all covered in white. I loved the changing seasons. But like a puddle frozen by the snow, time had stopped for me. Within this square roomā€¦ Within a time without seasonsā€¦ Iā€™ve always been alone. Over and over again. Looking at the same scene inside a dream. Devoting myself to a night with no dawnā€¦ Butā€¦ Slowly, the night begins to brighten.ā€ - Ayu

ā€œWeā€™re the same you know. Nuisances with nowhere to go.ā€ - Makoto

ā€œYuuichiā€¦ To tell you the truthā€¦ I didnā€™t really mean to come here todayā€¦ ā€¦I just found myself here. I donā€™t know why myself. I knew there wouldnā€™t be anyone hereā€¦ But I came and stood here anywayā€¦ I wasnā€™t really surprised. Butā€¦ itā€™s weirdā€¦ Iā€™m weird, I guessā€¦ I couldnā€™t leaveā€¦ Maybe I was justā€¦ hoping for somethingā€¦ Something that didnā€™t happenā€¦ā€ - Shiori

ā€œI said miracles donā€™t happen. Butā€¦ Iā€¦ was wrongā€¦ Yuuichiā€¦ Canā€¦ Can Iā€¦ cry nowā€¦?ā€ - Shiori

ā€œIā€™ve slit my wrist once before. The night I first met Yuichi, using a cutter knife. It was the opening day of the third semester. I saw my sister leave my room, and then I left my room, too. With this shawl that I rarely usedā€¦ My sister gave me this shawl. Exactly one year ago. I begged for a present, and she gave it to me a day early. I bought a cutter knife at a convenience store, and bought many other things, even though I didnā€™t need them. On the way home, while looking at the last scenery of snow, I met Yuichi and Ayu. I remember that night. In my room, the lights turned offā€¦ ā€¦all aloneā€¦ I couldnā€™t hear anything, see anything, or think of anything. It felt like I was cut off from the entire world. It felt like I had wandered into the wrong place. Right then, I thought I heard some laughter. It belonged to the people I had met that afternoon. And I remembered their joyful faces and voices, and then I found myself really miserable. Then I started to laugh, and then tears that didnā€™t come out even when my sister told me that I wouldnā€™t live until my next birthday came out. They were tears that came out from laughter, but I couldnā€™t stop them. Then I realized that I was crying because I was sad. Thenā€¦ ā€¦after I had laughed my heart out, I couldnā€™t cut myself anymore. Maybe that was the miracle.ā€ - Shiori

ā€œThat was the first and last time we played together. I began to address myself by name from that moment on. I could only see myself from a third-person point of view from then on. I couldnā€™t smile, either, just as Kazuya couldnā€™t. I started to smile again after I met Mai. I never helped Mai. Iā€™m the one who was saved. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m overlaying Kazuyaā€™s shadow over Mai or not, but the first time I met her, I felt that I should be with her. That I want to be with her.ā€ - Sayuri

4 Likes

Have screenshots of this adorable little cinnamon roll.

4 Likes

I love this cg, my favorite part of the novel is when (Shiori route spoilers) Yuuichi runs out into the night and Remnants of a Dream starts playing, and he recounts all the places he hung out with Shiori. Then it cuts to the shining fountain at night, as they are having a fun conversation like itā€™s the most natural thing in the world.

1 Like

Itā€™s not the best picture but this topic needs more Sayuri loveā€¦this image from the anime I just found so sweet!

~

Yuichi: So Mai, how did it go after that? Did it come out? [Short pause] ā€œYesā€ or ā€œnoā€?
Mai: No.
Yuichi: I see so there are days it doesnā€™t come out.
Sayuri: What are you talking about?
Yuichi: Weā€™re talking about Maiā€™s constipation.
Sayuri: [Shocked] Mai, do you want medicine for it?
Yuichi: [Short pause] Hey, youā€™re not denying it, so Sayuri-sanā€™s believing me again!
Mai: Iā€™m not.
Yuichi: Too late again!
Sayuri: [Laughs] So it was a joke.

ā€œDo you know the title of this song? Itā€™s Canon. Pachelbelā€™s Canon. It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.ā€ - Sayuri Kurata

And just what the hell is going on here :uguu:

1 Like