Kanon Fanart

Yeah I can totally dig the collared shirt + sweater look. It makes her seem so… academic! Suits her personality pretty well, I think~ (although she is never implied to be book-ish)

1 Like

Last week guys! Hoping for some awesome Ayu fanart!

1 Like

I can’t draw so I made this instead.
It’s kinda hard to tell, but it’s supposed to be Ayu’s backpack. Machined from 1/16" 6061 T6 aluminum, polished for way longer than what’s humanly healthy.

It’s so shiny that what you’re seeing is my wall and part of my lamp :fukowa:

12 Likes

Man that looks pretty amazing! Having worked with metal myself for a bit (attending a technical institute for high school and whatnot) I know exactly how hard it is to get those shapes and that sheen on the metal. I haven’t worked with aluminum, though, so I can imagine it’s a lot softer than what I have worked with (that being brass). Kudos!

1 Like

For the Kanon Bookclub, I wrote a spiritual successor to AIR ~ The Beach Episode. I already put it in the Key Fanfiction thread, and you can access the post here. I hope you enjoy another round of character fluff and stuff~ :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally, Ayu Tsukimiya. This time, I ran out of ideas on her name. X;;D It just referred to a prized fish in Japan: the sweetfish. The taiyaki might have been a play on that haha.

15 Likes

Your art is pretty amazing! I especially like the choice of colors of this one X3

1 Like

Okay guys! Final call for all your Kanon fanart for inclusion in the Kanon Bookclub Anthology. If you’ve been holding out to produce some overall Kanon fanart to celebrate the series, now’s the time!

2 Likes

In the hopes of at least getting the ball rolling, I have something in my Kanon fan literature vault. While writing the Kanon Picnic Episode, I felt the urge to write an homage to Makoto in the form of a poem. I couldn’t finish it in time for the Makoto podcast due to life happening, but I managed to finish it today. Hope you guys enjoy it~ ^^

Spoilers for Makoto below, by the way.

On a winter seven years past
Fox became friend to man.
Kitsune-san was her name once
Before she smelled his hand.

He talked to her day after day
About friends and the town.
She loved him as he liked himself
And urged him to stay 'till sundown.

Without cause he left her behind
Those promises long forgotten.
She went searching for him alone
Stuck in the guise of a human.

She found him once again
Neither remembered the other.
She knew his crime but lost all else
She could not hate him forever.

She was not welcome in his home
Nor was she stingy on his hospitality.
All the nikuman and manga
She bought fueled her personal vanity.

In time he warmed up to her
Like a parent to a young child.
Despite her many mistakes
She could not go back to the wild.

Yet her time was close.
She fell ill, and unbeknownst to her
Her young heart was failing;
Her last wish was for him to be near.

He found her friends and family
To comfort her when faint.
Off to the hilltops they hastened
Before her life was spent.

On that hill they joined hands
In an eternal promise of love.
There was but one witness
Its body melted by the sun above.

Ring, ring, went the small bells
Attached to her thin wrist.
That was the last sound she heard
It was one he would miss.

Thus ends the tale of Kitsune;
her journey to find love ends here.
The man she loved still knows
How much she held him dear.

4 Likes

It’s just something that I did today, but before the bookclub ends, here’s a recording of my attempt at Mai’s theme, The Girl’s Prison. The instrument used is a Yamaha PSR-E213 electronic keyboard.

It only includes the first part of her theme, and the recording is not-so-good (can’t get rid of the clicks :(( ). I wouldn’t mind if it does not make the anthology because of that, but I just felt like sharing a little more. XD

7 Likes

頑張れ!

4 Likes

Old art I luckily found: a sketch of Mai Kawasumi I think I drew during the Kanon Bookclub. I typically don’t share sketches (which is why I didn’t share this during bookclub), but looking at it again, I concluded that I like this one enough.

(edit: I just realized that the link below is a tad bit spoilery for the film it came from. Sorry about that. ;-; )

Meanwhile, I drew a little joke I randomly came up with last night. The quote is a reference to a very well-regarded film in the 80’s. The context is different, but I found it pretty apt lol. ((tl: There are no miracles!!!))

13 Likes

I hate you because I got that reference :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

An life of ayu, it is literary.

2 Likes

Shiori is best girl <3

14 Likes

Have some cute Nayuki as well <3

9 Likes

We need more Kanon art <3

9 Likes

We need more Uguus!
@Okami, you alone are capable of bringing the Uguus back to Kaza!

2 Likes

Yes, all the uguu’s! : D

2 Likes