Kanon Fanart

This came up on twitter, looks like it’s an actual painting.

6 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: Kanon - General Discussion

1 Like

Happy Birthday, Nayuki!

Happy birthday! Ayuayu!

Happy birthday! Mai!

Happy birthday! Shiori!

1 Like

Found this on Pixiv. Looks like Ayu grew up a little bit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The VN does mention her having somewhat big breasts despite the artwork not coinciding. Makes me wonder if the character design changed at some point.

2 Likes

>Neurotypicals be like

I drew Mai, one of my favorite characters ever! I don’t know about you, but I HATE it when people say things like this. And apparently it was Kitagawa’s birthday a few days ago?

I’m thinking about coloring this later, so that’s why there isn’t much detail.

2 Likes

From today until the end of June, we will be accepting fanwork submissions for the Kanon Bookclub~ Submissions will be included in the upcoming Kanon Bookclub Anthology to showcase what we as a community have done in celebration of this bookclub! While this topic is limited to mostly illustrations, for the Kanon Bookclub, feel free to post all forms of artwork, whether it be drawings, music, food, interpretive dance… You name it!

Let’s all rekindle the fires of love for the snowy town of Kanon!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for a long time to post this… :smile:

6 Likes

Hello!

I doubt I’d be able to contribute to the bookclub discussion (because I cannot afford to read Kanon in many ways haha), but I’d like to at least contribute to the bookclub itself in my own way, which is create artworks. Namely draw the current route’s heroine.

Since Nayuki’s up now, here’s an artwork of her, done by yours truly within an hour (hence the sloppiness… which I am sorry about).

On a side note, I’d like to do a cover of Last Regrets some time but I should do Toki o Kizamu Uta firstttt ;u;

Plus I want to cosplay Mai too :>

7 Likes

That’s actually pretty good, hey! I like how you did it in your own style (instead of trying to emulate Hinoue’s or KyoAni’s), and still it is easily recognizably Nayuki.

Plus that coat + vest + skirt combo is absolutely adorbs~ >3<

1 Like

Haven’t actually been showing off my Kanon edits since the Mai stuff, but since we’re all Kanon’d up, here’s a WIP of a secondary character.

The face is placeholder while I brush up the hair (no pun intended.)

10 Likes

Final call for Nayuki fanart! Entries will be closing at 10PM CST on Friday! Then we’re moving onto Makoto.

1 Like

[EDIT: Updated with less blurry pics]

More Nayuki route characters~~

(I had no reason to not color Yuuichi here other than I got lazy)

(yesssss that yangire smileeee)

9 Likes

Your photos are a little blurry, can I request scans maybe?

I’ll try by tomorrow. ^^;

Sorry, you took so long so I had to use the blurry photos for the podcast~
If you get me better photos I’ll use them for the anthology though.

Sorry about that. Unfortunately, the original artworks might have been misplaced. I’ll follow it up soon. D:

Here’s a Makoto Sawatari fanart. :smiley:

If no one had noticed yet, I write under the fanart the English translation of their names. Nayuki’s name was written with the kanji for “name” and “snow,” and because I’m not by any means knowledgeable with the Japanese language (I’m just being a weeb), I took it as “Named Snow” as it was in line with her theme “Snow Girl.”

Makoto’s name is written with “truth” and “koto” (as in the musical instrument koto), but the “truth” kanji can also be read as “makoto.”

This time, I drew this more carefully than the Nayuki one, and has more symbolism going for it, so I’m a quite happier with this. :>

7 Likes

These are really amazing! But I really wish you got this to me before we recorded the podcast a few hours ago. I can still throw it in but we won’t be able to talk about it in the recording.

Next up is Mai route!

2 Likes

Wow that’s… I don’t think I would ever in my lifetime consider Makoto as a beautiful person if not for that picture. Amazing job there, and keep up the good work!

And again, I love your clothing choice. That’s a really cute coat you gave her, too~

1 Like