Kanon Fanart

Sorry, you took so long so I had to use the blurry photos for the podcast~
If you get me better photos I’ll use them for the anthology though.

Sorry about that. Unfortunately, the original artworks might have been misplaced. I’ll follow it up soon. D:

Here’s a Makoto Sawatari fanart. :smiley:

If no one had noticed yet, I write under the fanart the English translation of their names. Nayuki’s name was written with the kanji for “name” and “snow,” and because I’m not by any means knowledgeable with the Japanese language (I’m just being a weeb), I took it as “Named Snow” as it was in line with her theme “Snow Girl.”

Makoto’s name is written with “truth” and “koto” (as in the musical instrument koto), but the “truth” kanji can also be read as “makoto.”

This time, I drew this more carefully than the Nayuki one, and has more symbolism going for it, so I’m a quite happier with this. :>

7 Likes

These are really amazing! But I really wish you got this to me before we recorded the podcast a few hours ago. I can still throw it in but we won’t be able to talk about it in the recording.

Next up is Mai route!

2 Likes

Wow that’s… I don’t think I would ever in my lifetime consider Makoto as a beautiful person if not for that picture. Amazing job there, and keep up the good work!

And again, I love your clothing choice. That’s a really cute coat you gave her, too~

1 Like

Here’s a fanart for Mai Kawasumi~

This… is very challenging to color, and I still don’t know even until now if it worked. :yahaha: The nighttime felt like the strongest motif in Mai’s route (from what I remember from the anime… but it sure felt like it), so I had to challenge myself on this one.

Also, with her being the most physically active heroine, I had her wear comfortable clothing that feels easier to move around, but still remotely wintry (what do I know though, living in a tropical country? XD).

Well, that’s all I can say about this.

PS: Everyone please try doing Kanon fanworks. For the sake of variety. T.T

10 Likes

Shiori Fan Art!
It’s my old art thou…
I will draw new one soon ^^

Makoto Sawatari!
One of my favourite route in Kanon =w=

21 Likes

I’ll take it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous! She looks so adorable.

(and finally someone has submitted here (;u;)/ )

1 Like

A quick sprite~

Upscaled version

And since I have some time to spend, here’s a small bit of hope.

Edit: Have a cheeb too.

18 Likes

more love for Shiori here. I can’t do painting well so I’ll sadly leave her colorless here ;-;

12 Likes

Fantastic! Keep it up guys!

A Shiori Misaka fanart >.<

Shiori’s name literally means “bookmark.” It didn’t made sense to me at first (XD), but I found out that in a different kanji, “shiori” can also describe a branch that has bent down due to the weight of its fruits. I thought it suited the kind of story that Shiori had, in a sense, plus her big shawl seems to give that sort of impression too.

The thing that makes Shiori quite hard to draw is that nothing seems to stand out much on her design, well, apart from her shawl. Also ahaha I thought that the thinner lines on her shawl is red, but it’s nottttt, and when I noticed, it was already too late. ;u;

12 Likes

Beautiful once again, thank you so much for sharing these each week!

1 Like

Yeah I can totally dig the collared shirt + sweater look. It makes her seem so… academic! Suits her personality pretty well, I think~ (although she is never implied to be book-ish)

1 Like

Last week guys! Hoping for some awesome Ayu fanart!

1 Like

I can’t draw so I made this instead.
It’s kinda hard to tell, but it’s supposed to be Ayu’s backpack. Machined from 1/16" 6061 T6 aluminum, polished for way longer than what’s humanly healthy.

It’s so shiny that what you’re seeing is my wall and part of my lamp :fukowa:

12 Likes

Man that looks pretty amazing! Having worked with metal myself for a bit (attending a technical institute for high school and whatnot) I know exactly how hard it is to get those shapes and that sheen on the metal. I haven’t worked with aluminum, though, so I can imagine it’s a lot softer than what I have worked with (that being brass). Kudos!

1 Like

For the Kanon Bookclub, I wrote a spiritual successor to AIR ~ The Beach Episode. I already put it in the Key Fanfiction thread, and you can access the post here. I hope you enjoy another round of character fluff and stuff~ :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally, Ayu Tsukimiya. This time, I ran out of ideas on her name. X;;D It just referred to a prized fish in Japan: the sweetfish. The taiyaki might have been a play on that haha.

15 Likes

Your art is pretty amazing! I especially like the choice of colors of this one X3

1 Like