Jun Maeda's New Album 'Long Long Love Song' Announced!

Jun Maeda’s new music project that’s been in the works for the past couple of years has finally been unveiled! Turns out it’s a whole new Love Song album! The And by the looks of things, it’s shaping up to be the most exciting yet. It’s amazing to be seeing this so soon after we concluded our Love Song Bookclub, in which we analysed the past two Love Song albums. If you’re new to Maeda’s Love Song albums, what you can expect is a collection of amazing songs, some with animated music videos, each telling a story, which may collectively form a broader narrative. They’re as much a joy to watch and listen to as they are to analyse and reflect upon. This new album, titled ‘Long Long Love Song’ features compositions and lyrics by Jun Maeda, accompanied with vocals by Anri Kumaki, who you may remember from Charlotte’s ‘Kimi no Moji’ and Rewrite’s ‘The End of the World’. You can get your first taste of the album in this animated music video of the second track ‘Bus Stop’ below, right now! The album will be available in two editions, both of which will be releasing on the 26th of July 2017. The standard edition will be sold for ¥3,240 and includes all the songs and a pamphlet with illustrations for each song. The limited edition will be sold for ¥3,740 and comes in a digipack including all the songs and pamphlet together with Jun Maeda’s production diary and a DVD including all of the animated music videos. Collectors won’t wanna miss out on this one! Want more info? Turns out we even have a full tracklist, with illustrations and samples of lyrics for each song on the album! Bokura Dake no Hoshi (A Star Just for Us) Bus Stop Shousetsuka to PILOT no Monogatari (The Story of the Novelist and the Pilot) Rain Dance Yakusoku no Uta (Song of a Promise) Kimi Dake ga Itekureta Machi (The Town Where You Alone Were There for Me) tale of the tree Hikari no Yukue (The Light’s Direction) Giniro Sekai (Silver World) End of the World Ushio no Tame no Komori Uta (A Lullaby for the Tide) Supernova Love Song no Tsukurikata (How To Write A Love Song) At a glance from the titles and illustrations, one thing observers may notice is all the resemblances these songs share with Key’s stories! In particular, Track 10 is a song we already know; End of the World from the Rewrite anime! And Track 11’s illustration clearly depicts characters from CLANNAD. There are many other possible tie-ins to Key’s works, but we’ll leave the rest to your speculation! These tie-ins should provide plenty of incentive for Key fans to pick this one up. In the weeks up to release we’re expecting VisualArt’s to publish a bunch of the animated music videos to promote the album, so we’ll be sure to let you all know when each new video is released! There’s never been a better opportunity to get excited over Maeda’s music pursuits. And just so you know, we’re totally gonna do a Bookclub for this after the Little Busters Bookclub. Let us know what you think of all this news below! Will you be joining us on this hype train?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/jun-maedas-new-album-long-long-love-song-announced/
3 Likes

LOVE SONG 3!!! IT’S HAPPENIIIIIIIING
Aaaaahhhhhh

2 Likes

Huh neat.

I wonder who will be the first to translate Bus Stop~

1 Like

I am honestly more hype for this than Little Busters. Love Song bookclub was awesome! A surprise part 3 is amazing~

1 Like

I can’t believe Maeda is covering a JoJo song, I always knew JoJo was part of the Key Universe.

Surprise? You should have listened to me and Biz when this was announced:

2 Likes

A new vocal arrange of Negai ga Kanau Basho? Be still my heart!

I tried translating the snippets of lyrics on the page, but some of these are ridiculous.

1. Bokura Dake no Hoshi

時間は0時 空を仰いだ
特別な星を探そう
The clock strikes midnight. We turn to the sky.
Let’s find a special star.

1. Bus Stop

燃え尽きぬ情熱と
永遠に追った青春と
ささやかな恋心と
きみと
With ceaseless passion
With eternally sought-after adolescence
With a humble and loving heart
With you

1. Shousetsuka to PILOT no Monogatari

きみが好きだった
トイレットペーパーを三角に
折っておくところだって
I loved you
Even how you would
Fold toilet paper into a triangle

1. Rain Dance

いつの間にかきみの背が
遠くなってた
なんて非情
それを追って走り出す夏
Before I knew it
Your back was off in the distance
How cruel
The summer I ran, chasing after you

1. Yakusoku no Uta

君が探してるもの
あたしは気づいてたよ
もういいよ 幸せだよ
That which you were searching for
I knew what it was
It’s okay. I’m happy

1. Kimi Dake ga Itekureta Machi

血の滲む頬もきみに舐めてもらう
猫みたいでいいな
にゃーぉ
Will you lick my blood-flushed cheek
That’s nice, like a cat
Meo~w
(No, it doesn’t make any goddamn sense to me either.)

1. tale of the tree

これが僕なのか? 信じられない
広がる枝や葉は
どこにいったんだ?
Is this me? I can’t believe it
What about the branches and the leaves
Where have they gone?

1. Hikari no Yukue

流れ落ちる光を
なんて名付けてたかな
綺麗だった
きみとならいつまでも見てたい
These lights drifting down
I wonder what they were called
They were so beautiful
I want to always watch them if it’s with you

1. Giniro Sekai

永遠でいい 町を閉ざして
もうどこにも向かわないで
Eternity is fine Close off the city
Don’t turn anywhere anymore

1. End of the World

最後にさあ笑ってよ
世界が終ってしまっても
For the last time, please smile
Even if it’s the end of the world
(From Shirane since he has the whole song)

1. Ushio no Tame no Komoriuta

渚に描いた
君の名は今でも
Written in the beach sand
Your name is even now
(Beach written as Nagisa)

1. Supernova

どんな過酷でもいい
越えられないものはない
魂の仕組みだ
No matter the cruelty
There’s nothing that can’t be overcome
That’s the design of the soul

1. Love Song no Tsukurikata

ただ最後には眩しいほどの
ラブソングにしてみせる
In the end I’ll show you
A dazzling love song

Maeda, what does it all mean!? OTZ

11 Likes

S O R O M A N T I C

5 Likes

I HAVE MANY THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS.

So the wax and wane of emotions Bus Stop and this announcement has put me into is too much.

I could NOT be happier that it did turn out to be Anri Kumaki because her voice is absolutely PERFECT for this kind of record. I’m already getting heavy Love Song 1 vibes from everything released so far.

There’s a tremendous amount of things to interpret from the get-go. I cannot believe that this album is quite literally Love Song 3. Straight away the implications of that are massive- These records have become so much more than music. This is the endlessly complex and labyrinthine contents of a person’s being coming into form. A continuous meta-narrative that is breathtaking to me.

The fact that we’re seeing referencing to Key works (From what I can tell, both direct and loosely- CLANNAD, Rewrite, Charlotte and maybe Little Busters!, at least) within the illustrations is… Just, I couldn’t be any more excited to loop this until I’m gray and old… And it’s… Perfect. It all comes together, the long, long Love Song to carry others, the listeners, watchers and the readers, through the pains life brings.

I’m ready to hear what you have to say once more to keep me going, Maeda. :maeda:

2 Likes

Now i need English translation.

…why do I find the album title strangely comical? ._.

1 Like

maybe because its redundant?

While a lot of the songs in the original Love Song albums don’t entirely do it for me, I’m still quite excited for this. Bus Stop itself is already really good, and those GotoP images are beautiful.

Those little snippets already have the gears in my head turning…
Far out theories coming soon maybe

2 Likes

Once it release lets make the bookclub. I’m fired up with this and so I will search the other love song :huhu:

3 Likes
  1. Bokura Dake no Hoshi

時間は0時 空を仰いだ
特別な星を探そう
The clock strikes midnight. We turn to the sky.
Let’s find a special star.

This song is surprisingly…speaking to me. I love the stars and all, but last month I actually went to observe an exoplanet transit (a planet in a different solar system orbiting a special star called WASP-48) with friends and our professor at an observatory near Paris, that was when “the clock strikes midnight as we turn to the sky, looking for a special star” Pretty much like in the song, lol.

2 Likes

So amazing, thank you for everything. You know, I really really like the beautiful works created by Jun Maeda. And this time, Long long love song looks very beautiful and amazing. :+1: