Jasmine Discussion

“There is a neverending summer.”

Some of you might remember that back in 2011 when Aquaplus announced Tears to Tiara II and Utawarerumono II, they also announced that Suzumoto Yuuichi, who we all know as the scenario writer of Planetarian, was working on a visual novel titled Jasmine with Kawata Hisashi (White Album) as the character designer. Years went by, and it was eventually cancelled in June 2015 (right about when another Key writer’s brand new work, which also has a feminine name as its title, was about to start), with Suzumoto assigned to the Utawarerumono sequels instead.

While we may never get to find out what this particular game was going to be about, I figured it would be interesting to speculate (particularly as a Key fan) what its story could’ve been about. Personally, the key visual and the tagline reminded me of the overarching theme of Air and Sola, and I can’t help but wonder if these three titles were different takes of the same theme by Maeda, Hisaya, and Suzumoto.

4 Likes

I was not aware of this :o Did suzumoto really work on Itsuwari no Kamen?

Back on topic, considering the main visual, I can imagine this being very suzumoto-esque: the main girl has some sad form of disability, which the main character will not be able to entirely solve, but live with and accept.

If anything, the whole “nevereending summer” reminds me a looooot of AIR haha

1 Like

Yeah, Suzumoto was one of the five writers on both Itsuwari no Kamen and Futari no Hakuoro. He was also credited in the original White Album’s PS3 port, so he hasn’t really been short on work at Aquaplus, but I kind of find it a shame that he hasn’t been given the opportunity to work on his own work there.

1 Like

Suzumoto being my overall favorite key writer is giving me more motivation to start reading white album and/or utawarerumono

Or anything aquaplus, really

I had no idea he’d been working on his own vn, that’s a real shame. Incidentally, does anyone know what parts of utawarerumono he worked on?