Japan Expo Paris 2015

With Japan expo just around the corner, and the recent announcement of the Special VisualArt’s Reception, I thought I’d get a topic up to suss out who of our members is attending. You can use this topic to prepare for the event, and share your experiences during and after!

1 Like

I’ll be there for sure the thursday ! Kinda disapointed that no one has replied, will there be any customers ?
It only reflect the fact that a very few people know about key works/visuals novels in France… We have to spread the visual novel ! Well thanks to you, maybe this year, with kawasoft, some people might be interested.
sorry for my bad english :confused:

hmm, I’m not sure if that’s the case. I think it might just be that not enough French Key fans visit the site. But good to see someone is going~ We’d love to hear your impressions!

(and you should totally tell Key you’re from Kazamatsuri.org, ufufufu)

The Key’s booth at chara expo was splendid, hope it’ll be the same here !
Spending a lot of time with people who had a knowledge in anime, manga etc… they don’t really care about visual novel ( or just don’t know about it ) so spreading visual novel here will be… kinda hard. But at least, all the Hikari no kiseki artbook were sold ( around 25~ was it ?) so yeah, maybe we’re more than i think (・∀・)
( sure i’ll do, maybe i’ll get some extra au~ (^▽^) )

I’ve been looking at photos and it looks like there were many Key fans gathered there! Where any of you among them? Tell us about your experience!

Hi o/

I’ve somehow recovered from yesterday events at Japan Expo. After some late gate opening I went to see how was doing Key/Frontwing booth and according to staff and what I saw, it was quite crowded. Some goodies went sold out in 4 hours. Mr Baba and all VA staff seemed quite satisfied to be able to present their works in Paris. Their booth decoration was gorgeous, and Frontwing part too.

In the afternoon, a quizz was organized to win seat for the dinner event, and results were announced at 17h.Selected people and staff met at 19h30 in front of the RER station in order to walk from here to the restaurant

We were 20-25 people including staff. Having reached the hotel, we went into 3 tables in a U shape. VA, Kawasoft staff and people speaking japanese went to the main tables and fans went to the other table.

First we had a nice presentation speech from Mr Baba, from VA were also present @kay_comment and @Kudoko_now. Frontwing staff were also here. He talked about how he was honored to see overseas fans translating their works into English, their work with SekaiProject and Kickstarter, and that future Key VN would be released in English too.

We went then to eat, It was quite nice to have this place full of Key fans in France. Many others couldn’t make it due to various personal issues too. It was a nice “ofukai” on this side.

During this time, we each went to ask question to Mr Baba. I managed to have a response about a specific point in Chihaya route (about Shizuru & Kotarou) that I though I never could get an answer because it would need to ask the authors directly.

Then after the dinner (at around 22h) went the quiz part in order to win various rare goodies (This is the part where you’re becoming very jealous). main rule was 1 item per person.

First a signed Michiru Wall scroll were offered by Frontwing, Then 6 rare vinyls were offered (3 with Misuzu illustration, 3 with Kud illustrations).
Then one signed special edition of Na-Ga and Itaru Hinoue artbook (serial 0000).
Last but not least, 4 shikishi (Kurugaya and Fuuko by Itaru Hinoue, Rin and Kanade by Na-Ga). I managed to grab the last one (Kanade) by some ninja-speed hand-rising :]

Then at the end everyone was given a Shikishi of Nagisa (!!) And we took some group pictures that you saw on twitter (probably).

Most of the fans (and some staff too) went back to the station took the train back together to Paris.

Hell of a day ! (over 30°C too)

6 Likes

Woooaaaah that’s amazing! That same item (White Clover serial 0000) went for 120,000 yen at a charity auction in Key 15th Fes. Super lucky guy who got that @_@

Actually I don’t remember if it was Hikaru no Kiseki or White clover. I hope other people who attended can fill the gaps ^^ My head is still quite a haze

@JY454 All that exclusive goods!! Really makes me want to be there!

I wish I could have gone just to get some of those Saya T-Shirts