Itaru Hinoue x Mangagamer Collaboration Title: Koro Pokkur Announced!

This should come as a surprise to many people! Some of us have been wondering what Itaru Hinoue has been up to since she left Key. Today at Anime Expo, it’s been announced that she’s working with Mangagamer to develop their very first game, a title called Koro Pokkur! The game features a cast of characters from maid cafe, and is promised to have a similar key-like feel in how the narrative progresses from slice of life to a more dramatic and emotional ending. It’s exciting to see Hinoue’s very first independent project, but who would’ve thought it would be Mangagamer she’d be working for! A teaser website has been published on Mangagamer highlighting the new character designs. Let us know what you think of this surprise below! This is a working article, it will be updated with more information soon.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/itaru-hinoue-x-mangagamer-collaboration-title-koro-pokkur-announced/
1 Like

This does come as a surprise. I feel the last few years vns over in the west have just exploded. Like if you said this would happen back in 2010 people would of looked at you funny. I was actually pretty sad that she left key but now I am excited for her again. It also feels very special to have mangagamer dev a game for once. It will be interesting to see how this goes and if it grows into more games being deved. It will be very interesting as more details come about!

I’m sure Hinoue will do a great job, but the writer for it doesn’t seem to have worked on anything worthwhile. I’m afraid that they’re just going to end up trying too hard to make the story be like Key’s works, rather than making it it’s own thing.

Possibly. More than anything I see this as Mangagamer’s answer to Nekopara.

Dyslexscope isn’t wearing his glasses and read this as “Itaru Hinoue x @MAEBATAME Collaboration announced.”

2 Likes

Nice to see Kotori and Touka again

That was my exact thought when I read this.

Still I am excited - if it is moe mush let it be fun moe mush, and I will be quite happy. If it succeeds as a serious dramatic narrative then I will be very thrilled.

1 Like