Itaru Hinoue - (Post-Key) What Has She Been Up To?

Hi Everyone! I talked to Aspirety a few months ago and was given permission to create this forum topic!

Itaru Hinoue has been such a big part in Key history with the stories and characters that we loved and enjoyed, and I know that many of us may still follow Itaru Hinoue into her future designs and illustrations for projects that she may seek out to be a part of, so I thought that a forum topic to talk about the major things she’s been a part of would be great! It’d be a great topic for those of us who will follow Itaru Hinoue into her future!

I believe that some of the games Itaru Hinoue has been a part of (with her cards/characters) are NSFW, so click at your own risk (if you’re going to click the links to the website I mean). I’m not exactly sure which one’s are since I just copied the links however!

I hope that we can all contribute to this forum whenever we see new Itaru Hinoue news!

I also don’t have all the major things that she has done since leaving Key (I know for sure 1 of them that I’m missing and need to research more on), so hopefully if anyone thinks of something I missed and wants to put it below, then please do so! Also if you notice any information that I messed up on, please let me know!

Itaru Hinoue links

Official Website
Twitter
YouTube
pixivFANBOX
peing
Wikipedia
Visual Novel Database

『HINOUE ITARU ALL ABOUT SOLDIER FROG』

Itaru Hinoue has been re-releasing this with new additions every now and then, but the first edition was in 2016.

resize_image

Although technically being released 1 month prior to her resignation from Key, I still think that it’s a title that should be included.

Farewell,ours ~夏の僕らは瞬きもできない場所へ~

Release Date - August 30, 2016
Product - Light Novel
Writer - 都乃河勇人

リスボックリ

Release Date - February 25, 2017
Product - Limited-Time Special Illustration Cover/Four-Panel Manga
Writer - 大川ぶくぶ

X-Overd

(Illustration) Release Date - February 28, 2017
Product - Card
Character - 「ティラミス」

桜の咲く頃、僕は妹と再会する。

Release Date - May 20, 2017
Product - Light Novel
Writer - わかつき ひかる

2017 Motto Anisong Festival

Event Date - Late July, 2017
Product - Mascot Character Promotional Image

『Rewrite IgnisMemoria』

(Illustration) Release Date - September 30, 2017
Product - Card
Character -

RIM-222

Noah’s Gate

(Illustration) Release Date - September 30, 2017
Product - Card
Character - メルル

「神姫PROJECT」

(Illustration) Release Date - Late September/Early October 2017
Product - Gacha Character
Character - 「ペルクナス」

『Rewrite IgnisMemoria』

(Illustration) Release Date - November 24, 2017
Product - Card
Character - 千里 朱音

RIM-246

魔王の始め方

(Illustration) Release Date - November 30, 2017
Product - Card
Character - 「メリザンド」

『不如帰 大乱』

Release Date - April 26, 2018
Product - Card
Character - 由布姫

マージナルナイト

Release Date - May 10, 2018
Product - Novel
Writer - 田中 ロミオ

Koropokkur in Love ~A Little Fairy’s Tale~

Release Date - September 27, 2018
Product - Visual Novel
Writer(s) - 内藤 自由
Composer(s) - Funczion SOUNDS
Developer(s) - MangaGamer
Publisher(s) - MangaGamer

ドッペル殺し

(Illustration) Release Date - October 2018
Product - Illustration Contest Promotional Image
Character - 雨地 雛

09 PM

はるかどらいぶ!

Release Date - November 30, 2018
Product - Visual Novel
Writer(s) - 藤宮 ひいろ, 森崎 亮人, 玉沢 円
Composer(s) - Angel Note (BGM 井ノ原 智, OP 森 まもる)
Developer(s) - Muffin
Publisher(s) - Muffin

ドッペル殺し

Release Date - May 6, 2019
Product - Illustration For a Song
Song Title - 『Reload a Season’s Rhapsody』
Artist(s) - かなでももこ、藤崎結朱
Lyrics - 鷹人
Composition - HearTuneS (Kazuma&鷹人)
Arrangement - 友樹
Background - 神田己司

『GIRL FOOD SEX』

Release Date - June 16, 2019
Product - Illustration for (Multiple) Clothing

『マージナルナイト』

Release Date - July 10, 2019
Product - Book (Volume 1)
Writer - 田中 ロミオ

「かがり美少女イラストコンテスト」

Event Date - July 13, 2019
Product - Illustration Contest Promotional Image

『GIRL FOOD SEX』

Release Date - September 15, 2019
Product - Illustration for (Multiple) Clothing

『幻想牢獄のカレイドスコープ』

Release Date - TBA 2019
Product - Visual Novel
Writer(s) - 竜騎士07, TBA
Composer(s) - dai, ラック眼力, 崎田 浩一
Developer(s) - TBA
Publisher(s) - Entergram, Inc.

-jP0H-Zm

9 Likes

Literally all these girls have the same face and it’s pretty sad.

3 Likes

I am glad to see a post on this ^o^ Itaru has been up to some cool stuff! I am particularly looking forward to Haruka Drive!

3 Likes

TBF, she did an artwork of Chun-Li recently, and the eyes look more upturned than usual

https://twitter.com/hinoueitaru2nd/status/999937833384034305

She has always been sameface-y with the girls, though, with rarities like Kyou and Nishikujou once in a while, (Men, to a somewhat lesser extent: you can still tell a substantive difference between Kotarou and Rei). It probably looked worse now because it’s further aggravated by the current style she took for the eyes: the way she’s been drawing eyelashes obscures the subtle differences in the direction of their eyes, and she tends to stick with round eyes a lot whether it’s tsurime or tareme.

Her anatomical sense has improved, though, and it’s nice to see her draw some of her older characters and compare them, like the one time she drew Akane Satomura from ONE:

https://twitter.com/hinoueitaru2nd/status/1002091338303553536

Warts and all, yeah I’m still a Hinonie apologist. I like her art when she’s not like drawing lewds. And thanks for this post, because I didn’t know she did art for Ignis Memoria. They’re nice.~

3 Likes

Whoa that Akane Ignis card is freaking amazing! A battle-worn Moon route Akane, really cool…

3 Likes

Itaru Hinoue’s horror collaboration with Rewrite writer Romeo Tanaka Marginal Night has spawned 2 new stories! The latter one came out recently.

(Cannot find a quality version of this cover)

3 Likes

G L A S S E S ! ! ! ! !

3 Likes

Hey is that the spooky story she’s been wanting to illustrate for?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think that may have just been a small side-project she was doing with Romeo Tanaka.

I think the spooky story you’re talking about might be the horror comic Doppel Killer / 「ドッペル殺し」

I don’t know the specifics, but I believe there’s a contest happening/there was a contest happening, and the staff behind Doppel Killer are/were collaborating with Itaru Hinoue. She illustrated the main character 雨地 雛/Hina Amachi.

2 Likes

If anyone wanna try to follow Marginal Night (I don’t), the magazine is available online in e-book format. Publishing started in the 2018 June edition (6月号) and there’s 6 ‘episodes’ out so far. Thing with e-manga sites is that there’s a ton of them, and you just pick one that works you.
Cmoa
Rakuten
Book Walker
Honto

2 Likes

She draw a article of Ranma and Akane for a dojinshi of Ranma 1/2. She was a fan of Rumiko Takahashi works about 30 years ago. This sampler shows part of picture that draw by her and other artists on page 12.

3 Likes

This week Clannad became a trend in Twitter and Itaru drew Nagisa Furukawa in her actual art style!

3 Likes

I like Nagisa in her new style but to be honest I prefer the original Nagisa.

2 Likes

Same, I feel the old art is more expressive than her new style, which is… Too cute, not too expressive and dramatic.

2 Likes

I prefer the original Nagisa but with these cat ears. “NekoNyagisa Furukawa”

2 Likes

Now all we need is the maid costume combined with the cat ears, Nagisa NyanNyan at the May Queen + Nyan²

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly

1 Like

M O R E G L A S S E S ! ! ! ! !

5 Likes

This one actually looks pretty good, wow.

And hey, with Marginal Night, Sangeki Sandbox, and Farewell,ours, Hinoue has successfully collaborated with all three Rewrite scenario writers outside of Key. Cool.

3 Likes

I looked at the drawings Hinoue has uploaded on Twitter and… Roy hecking Mustang omg

5 Likes