Introduce Yourself!

Nice to meet you @cjlim2007. As for my brothers watching/reading works by Key, I asked them about it once and one has seen Angel Beats. He prefers psychological thrillers and I will try to get him to watch the Rewrite anime when it comes out. As for my other brother he only watches mecha anime.

Also @Likeaneko if you ever want to play League and talk about Key you can add “Lost Concept” on league.

Finally thanks @DMB for timely help on the community guidelines. I am amazed at the quality of this website and the effort members like @DMB and moderators like @Yerian go to keep it that way.

5 Likes

Welcome here @LostConcept !

So you started out with AB eh. I like how many of us were introduced to Key at different times through different works of theirs, this breeds greater variety in our points of view & what makes the place enjoyable, so I’m sure you’ll have loads of fun.
As for the Clannad anime… well I think many will agree. Always love hearing praise on it, my personal all-time favorite anime & watching so much anime hasn’t managed to change that one bit.

Hope you keep on hanging around here & have a blast!

1 Like

@Likeaneko @Helena @LostConcept Welcome Everyone!

1 Like

[quote=“LostConcept, post:1508, topic:49”]
I am Lost Concept, a junior in college from Texas.
[/quote]Yet another lamb from Texas! Welcome to our fold, @LostConcept! :smiley:

The first Key anime I watched was Angel Beats.
[/quote]Angel Beats took me a long time to get to when I first invested myself in Key works, mainly because I heard very mixed opinions from people who watched the show. I decided one day to sit down and watch it myself, and I don’t regret it at all. CLANNAD and Kanon 2006 are still better in terms of anime, though.

my favorite visual novel by Key is Rewrite
[/quote]I feel like a lot of newcomers here really like Rewrite for some reason. I won’t deny it’s a great VN, but I thought Little Busters was supposed to be more popular with the VN crowd… :confused:

I look forward to the Rewrite anime.
[/quote]As do we all. Animated Shizuru FTW~ :3

1 Like

There’s a lot of good pure baseball anime too. Ever watched Cross Game or Ace of Diamond?

If you’re LostConcept is he LostCause?

I’m guessing that’s NA?

It’s popular with a lot of the oldies too.
Most of our anime fans love either Clannad or AB
Most of our VN readers are either for Litbus or Rewrite.

I think outside of Kazamatsuri, at least on reddit, Rewrite is the more popular, because it has the better portions of it’s content earlier than Litbus.

2 Likes

Welcome! It’s pretty interesting to hear that a Key work has been able to contribute to your life in something as important as picking a college major. It’s something I like to see happen (since Key works are meant to touch people personally), but I have never experienced personally.

And I see you have best girl (rewrite post-common spoiler)leaf dragon-chan as your avatar. Nice choice.

4 Likes

Naaah, Deinonychus-chan is best girl.

1 Like

Nah, little unnamed Gremlin-chan best girl.

I will give those a try. Astros did not play tonight, so I will watch those two instead!

If my brother went by LostCause, that would be cool. He goes by Zero (from Megaman).

Yeah, I am on NA servers for League.

Maybe soon you too might get a Key moment in your life too. Seeing how people been effected in real life by Key could be a good topic for a future post. As for me I am really grateful to be a geology major; I enjoy geology and I am good at it.

@EisenKoubu and @Takafumi, nice to meet you both and thanks for reading my introduction post!

Welcome @LostConcept, glad you could make it and hooray for another Texan. ^o^

That’s very interesting. I’m not going to lie: I’m glad to see that reading a Key VN inspired one to choose their major/goal.

Hopefully either team makes it to the world series. ^^

1 Like

Ahoi @LostConcept, starting anime with AB must’ve been quite the experience, but I’m glad it managed to capture you, welcome^^

1 Like

Hi guys, my name is Gold. I love all key works, but if you ask me for the best, I would vote for Clannad. I’m really looking forward to discussing a lot of stuff with my fellow key fans!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forums! If you’ve read the vn for clannad then you will be able to discuss with us when the bookclub starts in a week or two. Hope you have a good time!

Ohey, more people, welcome @Golden_Tranquility, your avatar gets a +1^^

@cjlim2007 Thanks! I’ve actually finished up to 80% of the vn, but I decided to stop and wait for the steam release later on. Hope I can still join the bookclub! :grin:

@Skyzzed Thanks for the welcome, though to avoid spolers, I gotta change my avatar but thanks for praise anyway, you have good taste hahaha :smile:

Welcome @Golden_Tranquility! Well who doesn’t love Clannad?
Hope you enjoy yourself here!

well, simply enough, I love Clannad and that’s what’s brought me here, thanks to Sekai Project. I’ve hail from Western Australia and I love discussing about characters, ideas and opinions behind stories. Considering Clannad is such a heart felt but indepth story, this is absolutely perfect! I’ve watched the anime, however, I haven’t played the VN, but will when it’s officially released in English :stuck_out_tongue: thank you all for supporting this forum, because without you, I wouldn’t have found this! I’m looking forward to reading and watching other key productions so that I can comment on them in this forum, however I’m still in school, studying hard on 6 atars (for non-Australians, basically the subjects that get you into uni/college) so, you know, the time is hard to find ahaha. I look forward to debating (With no insults or ‘flaming’ of course) with you all, or supporting your opinions. Can’t wait to get started :stuck_out_tongue: though I hope I haven’t written too much…

6 Likes

Hi @Golden_Tranquility and @Hixel267. Glad you two could make it and it’s awesome to have some more fans of Clannad in the family. :blush:

1 Like

A warm welcome to @Golden_Tranquility and @Hixel267! Nice to meet you both.

[quote=“Hixel267, post:1528, topic:49”]
Considering Clannad is such a heart felt but indepth story, this is absolutely perfect! I’ve watched the anime, however, I haven’t played the VN, but will when it’s officially released in English :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]CLANNAD was my gateway Key anime as well, and along with Kanon, it has a story that really stuck with me and I am also really looking forward to reading the VN. I’m glad you’re so enthusiastic about the bookclub, because I can’t wait to tackle it, too. Fuko best girl :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

NEVER fear of writing too much. The VNs are long by themselves so we (mostly) are people who like to read. And welcome! Surely you will find good discussion about Clannad during the bookclub, but feel free to try other Key works like Rewrite (VN) or Charlotte (anime).

Sekai is doing great things…

1 Like