Introduce Yourself!

Time to clear out the introductions! ahem

Welcome @gauditech97, @Nocturne, @VNDango, @sillylittlemelody, @Nyx and @YuriAxl! I hope you enjoy your stay at our community!

@gauditech97, nice to see our Charlotte coverage has gained your attention!

@Nocturne, good to see another Australian here~ I’m not sure what you mean by pseudo-psychology though… That said, I’m about to graduate from my bachelor of psychological science at university, so as you can tell I must’ve had a big interest in psychology myself to be able to make it this far, haha. I think you’ll find a few of us here are interested in Psychology, as fans of Key’s works, many of us analyse them from a psychological perspective. And with good reason - Maeda himself undertook some psychology study before moving onto writing, so that connection to psychology in Key is always there. Ah, sorry for rambling.

@VNDango, can’t wait to see you join us for the AIR Bookclub!

@YuriAxl I recognize you from twitter! Glad to see you finally take the time to join our ranks! Look forward to seeing you in the AIR Bookclub!

1 Like

@YuriAxl Welcome! I guess you have read a lot of VN’s before you went into Key’s work no?

You’re right Aspi. Once I tried to analyze all of the psychology of Key’s animes and then tried to compare them in various of perspectives. But that would go into the -name- topic.
Anyway its always nice to see people bringing that stuff up. It feels like we are really going deeper into the work and find more and more meanings that we can discuss about :).

1 Like

I decided to look up this quote since i didn’t recognize where it came from and i just found out about Nyx Avatar haha. Believe it or not i came up with this name randomly, i’ve never played any persona game.[quote=“Bizkitdoh, post:619, topic:49”]
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed
[/quote]

1 Like

@Aspirety Thanks! I should have joined sooner. Don’t know why I didn’t, but here I am. I’m also looking forward to the Bookclub.

@IkaCZ Thanks! Actually, Little Busters! was my second VN (my first was Saya no Uta). Since then, I’ve read many VNs, but Key still is my favorite.

2 Likes

Wow. That must have been a journey and a half.

1 Like

Wow, that’s really wicked you picked Saya no Uta as your first VN.
(But my first VN was awful nukige - which is surely no better than Saya no Uta)

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m a Key fan from Singapore! I started loving Key’s work when I watched Angel Beats in 2010, which was also one of the first anime I watched. Following which, I watched Clannad, then Air, and Kanon and read Little Busters! and Rewrite. My waifu is Kud :3 Right now I’m in the middle of reading Kudwafter in Chinese (I’m Chinese btw), and I plan to read the SekaiProject localisation of Clannad when it comes out.

8 Likes

Welcome @ChickenWingz. Glad you could make it. :smiley:

Welcome @ChickenWingz !
Singapore is on my “places to visit” list. I really like those countries - example Monaco, its a city and a country at the same time, so is Singapore lol.
Hey Angel beats was one of my starting animes too tbh.

Pleased to meet you, @ChickenWingz. Good to have someone like you aboard.

[quote=“ChickenWingz, post:631, topic:49”]
I’m Chinese btw
[/quote]I think that was made partially clear when you said you were from Singapore, but thanks for clarifying that. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ChickenWingz, post:631, topic:49”]
I plan to read the SekaiProject localisation of Clannad when it comes out.
[/quote]I didn’t know Sekai Project was also distributing CLANNAD in China. I’ll just be using the fan translation to play CLANNAD, not because I’m impatient, but because I won’t have the funds or time to play the officially translated version for quite some time. I hope you enjoy it, though. :wink:

You might want to think twice about that. The fan translation is a mix of machine TLs, incorrect TLs, and incoherent sentences.

2 Likes

Seconding what Taka said here. CLANNAD’s fan TL is mostly decent, but the later half is legitimately unfinished. Sekai Project’s release won’t only be complete, but it’ll be in glorious HD! The choice is obvious. And for only $30, it’s a steal!

Welcome, @ChickenWingz! Do you happen to interact with the chinese Key community much?

[quote=“Aspirety, post:636, topic:49”]
Seconding what Taka said here. CLANNAD’s fan TL is mostly decent, but the later half is legitimately unfinished. Sekai Project’s release won’t only be complete, but it’ll be in glorious HD! The choice is obvious. And for only $30, it’s a steal!
[/quote] I’m going to have to wait well over two years for it, though. And I still want the physical copy of the game.

Pretty sure physical was $50. If you backed the kickstarter, you really should get on that. It’s worth it. Also, the deadline for release is October!

Why? For personal reasons? Because its supposed to be released October of this year.

Dammit Aspi, you ninja

[quote=“yerian98, post:639, topic:49”]
Why? For personal reasons? Because its supposed to be released October of this year.
[/quote] Here’s the skinny: I’m of the LDS faith, and I’m due to go on a mission for them after I obtain my associate’s in May. I will most likely be leaving in August or early September. Depending on where I go, I’ll be out-of-state or out-of-country for two years, and I won’t be able to touch a single visual novel, video game, movie, or anything to do with pop culture until I come back home. I’ll be missing the release of CLANNAD, and every other major release (visual novel or otherwise) for the next two years. After the AIR Bookclub is over, I’ll be away from all you wonderful people, too. But I’m not ashamed to go. I made this decision for myself. I’m going because I fear for those people who aren’t covered for the next world, and I want to help them, while also helping myself become a person more fit for God’s kingdom. I have faith that I will be back, possibly different from how I am now.

I do expect to see at least half of Key’s visual novels officially translated by the time I get back, though. :3

[quote=“Aspirety, post:638, topic:49”]
Pretty sure physical was $50. If you backed the kickstarter, you really should get on that. It’s worth it.
[/quote]I couldn’t back the Kickstarter. As much as I wanted to, I had no funds and no means to back it at the time. (sigh) I’ll have to settle with the Japanese physical copy. :confused:

1 Like

Ah OK. I respect your religious beliefs and wish you good luck on your mission.

Also just for future reference, you can (at least with the CLANNAD Kickstarter) just pledge $1 and then add more money with Backerkit to get add-ons (such as the physical copy) later when you actually have the money

1 Like

On that note - is it possible to back the project now that the Kickstarter has ended, or is it too late?

The Kickstarter ended three weeks ago. The page is still there, but I can’t add anything to it. :confused:

I have heard rumors that Sekai Project may make more physical copies when the game releases, but it hasn’t been confirmed. I really hope I can get my hands on one…

Hello!
I’m John :smiley:
I’m so happy that I found this forum because I absolutely LOVE everything by Key (and have for many many years) and now I have people who I can talk to about it with :smiley: (Most of my friends watched episode 01 of Clannad and then completely wrote off anything by Key because it was “too boring” -____-).

I have played:
Kanon multiple times
Air (and I am so excited to do the book club! Air is such a great visual novel and it’s such a shame that the anime is so underrated. The anime had no time to fully go into the story of Air in only 12 episodes. :frowning: Also I’ve started reading for the book club a little early because with my work/school schedule I don’t know how much free time I’ll have so getting ahead a little bit will help me from falling too far behind :'D)
Clannad
Planetarian
Tomoyo After
And I am currently reading Little Busters (and I’m kinda sad since I know how everything plays out but I wish I could experience Little Busters through the visual novel without knowing anything but it’s still a fantastic read and is my favorite visual novel)

I’ve seen all the Key anime with Air being my first and favorite (if only the Little Busters anime was better v_v)

I have cosplayed Riki Naoe multiple times and I just debuted my Yukito Kunisaki cosplay earlier this year. And I hope to have my Tomoya Okazaki cosplay ready by the time comic con comes around.

I hope I can become great friends with fellow Key lovers here.
Follow me on tumblr if you want: twelve-no-terror.tumblr.com
If you do send me a message saying youre from kazamatsuri and we can be best friends~

6 Likes