Introduce Yourself!

Hello! I decided to finally come over here and create an account.
I am Hovlane and I live In the Southwestern United States. I have watched the Planetarian and Rewrite animes and am planning on watching some of their other series soon.

I found Kazamatsuri though Rokkenjima and I have just never bothered coming over here and finally creating an account.

Outside of Key works, I really enjoy stuff 07th Expansion makes as that is more or less how I found Kazamatsuri. I also enjoy watching a lot of different anime. Outside Japanese works, I enjoy computers and gaming a ton and I am currently going to school to become a computer scientist, and I have build my own computer.

I hope I can get along with you :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Welcome to the other side! I had a lot of fun playing OW with you. I hope you do end up experiencing more Key works and hanging out with us. If you need any help, don’t be afraid to ask. I hope to see you around here more often!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m Kitty-tama! I don’t have a lot of experience with Key works, but perhaps my first real experience with Key media was the Angel Beats anime. I knew of Air, Kanon, Clannad, and Little Busters! prior, mainly through their amazing theme songs, but I never really experienced their games before. Angel Beats made me cry like a baby (Iwasawa best girl!) and I have fond memories of it. I have Clannad and Little Busters! on Steam, so I intend to check them out someday! I did play some of the Little Busters! fan translation back in the day, but I only ever finished Komari’s route. It was so good! She’s definitely my best girl from what I remember.

The Kazamatsuri community always seemed very close-knit and amazing, speaking as an outsider looking in, and I really hope to become part of the community before long.

Despite not being the most experienced with Key works, I am quite experienced with playing VNs and have been into them for the majority of my life. In fact, perhaps my proudest life accomplishment so far with regards to this is how my passion for VNs led to me becoming a beta tester for companies like MangaGamer, Sol Press, and FrontWing. I don’t mean to brag with this last point, but I do feel quite proud of where my passion took me. Outside of Key and VNs in general, I love to sing a lot and occasionally do covers of songs on my YouTube channel! I’m not an amazing vocalist, but singing is one of my major passions all the same. I’m excited to interact with you all more and I’m super happy to be here! :smiley:

17 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! Clannad and Little Busters are definitely good starts into Key! I’d also recommend planetarian (and Harmonia) as well just because they’re so short and easy to read. How did you find Kazamatsuri? If you ever need help, feel free to ask me! I hope to see you around!

2 Likes

@cjlim2007 I found the Kazamatsuri Forums first through various mentions of it on Twitter. I got curious, did a Google search tonight finally, and I found it! I’m really excited to be here. I haven’t checked out Planetarian or Harmonia, but both seem like lovely games. :sparkles: I’ll need to check them out sometime when I’m not binging on Higurashi. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m falling behind on my introductory greetings! Let’s see.

Welcome @Mio-chi! A fellow Mio lover is always welcome here.

@epika and @Hovlane, great to see you make the journey from Kazamatsuri! I’m surprised to discover that epika has been a lurker this whole time! Who’da thunk it.

@Mehzlie Welcome! Looks like you have many more wonderful key works to look forward to, I’m jealous!

@Mikey Hey, Aussie here! Does this make us rivals? You totally need to read AIR though, must underrated Key work ever!

@kittytama Hey I know you from Twitter~! I’m really happy that you decided to join us here! Kazamatsuri is a really awesome family, and I’m very glad to welcome you to all the fun we’re having here. I hope you enjoy yourself here!

And to all of you, don’t forget to join us on Discord once you get the Dango rank! Some of you should already have it, or you’ll have it very soon. The forums are the hub for discussion, but the Discord is the best place to get to know your fellow members!

If you guys have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me or any of the staff and we’ll do our best to help you enjoy your stay :happy:

6 Likes

Oh, hi hi Kitty-tama~
For you, I think a really good recommendation of a Key work is the Love Song series. Owari no Hoshi no Love Song in particular; it has a real bittersweet melancholy to it at times, and you don’t get that in most modern Key works.
The Maeda-era Tactics VNs would probably be up your street too.

3 Likes

Thanks Aspi, time for me to get myself known around here as well!
I should actually try and go through more key works now that I am here as well, I’m sure I can do it… eventually.

3 Likes

Little Busters calls for you ~

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll do it… after I finish Higabana

2 Likes

4 days and you’ve gotten your dango role.

You’re very dedicated, I’ll give you that, my freund.

2 Likes

Eh I have a really long commute into school every day on public transit so I have plenty of time to hop on and say something on here

2 Likes

I live in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro-RJ.
I’ve seen Angels beats and Rewrite, and I’m currently playing Rewrite.
I found the site looking for details about the age of the city of Kazamatsuri.
Something funny about me; ~; I can not say t-t. Then find out :yo:.

9 Likes

Welcome Pedro! Hope you enjoy your time here. Its a good forum :ahaha:

3 Likes

Welcome! It’s good to see more Brazilians.
Are you playing Rewrite because of the pt-br translation or do you dont mind play in English?
Is this the first time you play a visual novel?

…Chihaya best girl.

2 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I hope you have fun with us here! How far along are you with Rewrite? If you have any questions about things around the forum, feel free to ask! We’re always here to help!

2 Likes

thank you very much, a Brazilian community translated the game
Yes it’s also the first time I’m playing in a VN
SHIZURU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3 Likes

Thank you cjlim2007 , I was very well at the beginning still in doubt with the routes type “where to save?”
forum and very simple to use I’m liking, even more of you for being good receptionists

1 Like

cough cough Lucia cough cough

Welcome again, by the way.

3 Likes

I understand, I only knew about KEY visual novels when they released the Rewrite brazilian translation. I had never even watched animes from KEY before. I’ve played “some short visual novels” before, but after Rewrite, I started to see visual novels in another way, I ran to play many other great works. I hope it’s the first of many for you too.

If you only want to play visual novels translated:

Planetarian - I do not know if it works with the Steam version, I tested it with the old version. It is 100%
Shuffle! - I do not know if it works with the Steam version, I tested it with the old version. It is 100%
Katawa Shoujo - Last year they released the translation. 100%. The game is free.
Umineko - I have not tested yet, but last year they released an alpha of the first episode.
Little Busters - I have not tested it yet, but it’s in the final stage of translation. Launched November last year. But they have already released a patch. Unfortunately it is only compatible with the old version of the game, it does not work with the Steam version yet.

There are many others, I just mentioned the new ones. Most visual novels on pt-br are pretty old.

There is also a good looking Brazilian visual novel called Inkey University if you want to test. Some people say it’s the best Brazilian visual novel ever made. It is free.

If you do not mind playing in English, you have many other options. Rewrite is my favorite work, my second favorite is Umineko. About KEY works, after Rewrite my favorites would be: Clannad, Kanon and Little Busters. (one day I still play Air… I swear…)

4 Likes