Introduce Yourself!

Thank you !
Yes I want to play with Rin’s cats, aha :smile:

3 Likes

Hello every body ,I’m a huge key fan(especially clannad) from Taiwan ,anybody knows this country here? XD. Because english is not my native language,forgive me if there are some strange words in my comment.
I knew KEY first time through AIR anime (just started to watch anime that time),although it is very enjoyable,but not good enough to push me into key’s world,so as KANON 2006.Everything changed when CLANNAD came to my life,the story of FUKO and KOTOMI already hooked me so much ,so I dicided to play the VN before AFTER STORY aired(thank for the chinese translation staff),and then it has become my favorite work until now. From then on I have watched all KEY related anime ,and read AIR LITTLE BUSTERS, PLANETARIAN ,REWRITE,AND JUN MAEDA related work ONE and MOON.I found here because I always like to search discussion of KEY’s work when I have free time,and this site usually showed in the first page of google,recently I decide to join this big dango family.According to my observation these years,it seems that AIR is not very loved in the western world ,but it is very high-praised ,the same level with LITTLE BUSTERS or even CLANNAD in chinese world,this is really interesting I think XD.I also found there are so many LITTLE BUSTERS fans think the anime is bad ,which in my opinion is a good adaptation though.it always make me curious.If you don’t mind I want to know your thought ,like which point you think the adaptation is bad,thanks.
speaking of my interest besides KEY ,I am a simple otaku guy ,I like to watch anime ,read manga and light novel ,I used to read VN before ,but recent years I haven’t put too much passion in it.
Anyway, hope to have nice chatting with everybody here.

11 Likes

That’s pretty cool, I haven’t heard of too many people who saw the first season then read the VN becuase the second season wasn’t out yet (You hear this a lot about manga and LN but not VNs).

Yeah I think the anime did about as well as it could have given the nature of the source material. Speaking of which I have a post about that I’ve been meaning to make for a while…

Hope to see you around!

Hi, fellow Taiwanese here.
So great to see Kazamatsuri slowly taking over the world :slight_smile:
( I say Kaza because I know there are a lot of Key fans in Taiwan, but they generally don’t use English).
I’m a relatively new user too, but I can tell you that Kazamatsuri is a much better place to be than other forums if you want to discuss Key-related stuff.
Hope to see you in the discussions!

@Arete , thank for your reply ,I always wanted to read VN before but CLANNAD is the one which really put me into the world,and I think the storyline of LITTLE BUSTERS anime is pretty excellent considering its medium format.

@Nav happy there are other taiwanese here,actually I think it’s more convenient to discuss KEY in chinese world, in TEIBA or ptt(a taiwan forum) there are always A LOT OF KEY fans willing to discuss about KEY,but it is nice to see people discuss KEY by other language ,here is a place full of fans’s love XDD. I have learned japanese before so I also browse japanese discussion sometimes ,I even want to learn spanish just want to see people’s discussion there XDD .

Welcome to the family @blaze520! I’m sure you’ll fit in here nicely!

I think a big issue with AIR is that it only received an English translation around 3-4 years ago, and up until then most English-speakers had only been able to watch the anime. But I 100% agree with you that AIR is one of Key’s great VNs. I rank it under Little Busters but above CLANNAD personally, but I know AIR is a bit more divisive than most VNs. It’s bold and experimental, and I love how it tried to be different to Kanon. You should definitely check out our AIR Bookclub sometime, we got a lot of awesome discussion happening for it.

If you want to talk about the Little Busters anime adaptation, check out our topic here: Little Busters! Anime General Discussion I’d love to hear your thoughts, since I myself am also a big fan of the anime adaptation for the most part.

@Aspirety I think I will definitely like here,and thank for you to answer my question,I will find time to see the topics you provided,thanks

Well, first of all I’m not used to do something like this, but I think about it and say yeah let’s give it a try.
Hi everyone, I’m from Peru, maybe I’m the only one from that place xd. Anyway I only had the chance to play the regular version of Little Busters, but I’m interested and have little knowledge about other tittles like Clannad, Kanon and Air. I found Kazamatsuri thanks to one of my close friends, he said to me a couple of days ago “Hey you may be interested on this” , oh he was damn right xd. Well about my interests, I’m trying to play different VN’s not only from KEY, also I usually play different kind of games. Well I hope I could have a good experience here. It’s an honor and my pleasure to be here , I’m looking forward to meet everyone here. I hope we could get along.
Thank You

11 Likes

Hi there all! I’m pictoshark, a happy go lucky extremely depressed 20 something from Britain!

I am the harbinger of Rokkenjima’s apocalypse, and have been dragged here from there by our lord and savior, @Aspirety to bring a similar fate to you all!

The only Key VN I’ve read so far is planetarian, but I’m hoping to really break into their work with the upcoming steam release of Little Busters, and if my time allows it, I’ll probably be participating in it’s bookclub.

My main warning to you if you ever make the mistake of speaking to me is to not bring up video games, I might end up talking your ear off!

I hope to have a lovely time here!

14 Likes

Well, um - hello. I’m Jordan. :happy: I have to admit that I am not quite used to forums, but I am a big fan of Key’s works, and have been following them since 2011. I drifted away from Key after the Little Busters! anime ended, but I have slowly been getting back into it since Harmonia’s release on Steam. I hope to get along with you all well!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’d recommend you browse around here a little bit and try to find any topics that interest you!

If you watched the anime then I also hope you’ll join us for our Little Busters! bookclub whenever its released on Steam :ahaha:

Time for very late introductions!

So, I’m Donna and I’ve been a fan of Key since about 2010. I’ve always enjoyed looking at the CGs or watching the opening videos for the key visual novels on youtube.

Anime wise: I started both the Clannad and Angel Beats animes but never got around to finishing them. I more recently got the Angel Beats bluray so it is certainly going to be finished at some point and I’m probably going to leave finishing the Clannad anime till after I finish the visual novel.

Visual Novel wise: I have only completed the Little Busters visual novel. I did start Clannad but that was quite some time ago and I’ll need to restart it again at some point.

Apart from key visual novels, I enjoy other visual novels by other companies (Umineko, White Album 2, Narcissu, Steins;Gate etc) as well as various other video game series (Tales of series, Trails / Kiseki series, Blazblue, Project Diva series, Idolm@ster series etc).

4 Likes

Welcome @pictoshark, @MilkyKitten and @nyaakitty27!

hello, nice to meet everyone! my name is sunny, and i’m a girl living in canada.
i’ve read clannad, planetarian, harmonia, and i’m currently reading little busters!, rewrite, air and kanon. out of what i’ve finished, clannad is my favourite. i’m really loving little busters! so far though.
aspi followed me on twitter, that’s how i found kazamatsuri!
i really like all sorts of video games, but i prefer jrpgs and visual novels. some of my favourite series include tales of, final fantasy, kiseki, umineko, higurashi and valkyria chronicles! you can check my backloggery here to see the games i’ve played. (albeit not all of them, i need to update it…)
i hope to get along well with everyone, i’m sure i’ll have lots of fun! as a side note, my favourite clannad characters are nagisa, tomoya, tomoyo, kyou and youhei, but i adore everyone.

11 Likes

YAY, MORE CANADIAN PEOPLES! To a fellow Canadian, welcome aboard! I hope to get along with you as well.

2 Likes

Woah, one good thing at a time!

Welcome! Have a seat and relax for a while. You’ll find there’s plenty to catch up on reading here once you finish the novels themselves.

2 Likes

Welcome @Blitz, @pictoshark, @MilkyKitten, @nyaakitty27 and @sunny! I hope you all enjoy your time here, and be sure to support the Little Busters Bookclub once it launches on Steam soon!

Also hi @sunny, really glad you could make it here!

2 Likes

Welcome to everyone I missed! Nice to see some fresh hot-blooded youth join our family circle. :ai:

@sunny, @nyaakitty27 and anyone else interested, there is a Tales of Series discussion thread on the forum where you can share your love for and experiences with the series, as well as ask for help on any particular part of a Tales of game that you’re stuck on. I post some noteworthy news every once in a while, but feel free to post about anything Tales-related there if you wish. Once again, welcome to the forum! :smiley:

Hello! I am Aliminem, I am from Mars, and I hope to make friends while playing my favorite KEY games.

7 Likes