Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! Nice too meet you @ArtiFedEx

BTW I already seen your deviant art
you’re so good!
if you have a time you should draw some clannad fanart to CLANNAD Fanart

1 Like

Hey, nice to meet you @ArtiFedEx! Have fun here!

Welcome @ArtiFedEx![quote=“ArtiFedEx, post:1734, topic:49”]
Kinniku yay yay! ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ
[/quote]
Kinniku yay yay all the way!

Greetings! I’m Zerokirby. I am from North California. I’m avid Key and vn lover. My first key anime was Toei’s Kanon (I know it was really bad). My hobbies are watching anime, cartoon, Tv shows and listening to music. I hope we can be friends

5 Likes

Sounds like you’ve made a full recovery.

Welcome to the club!

Ah, I’ve fallen behind again.

A very warm welcome to @nio-kun @Totoro_Futaki @KotoriKanbe @octoberpumpkin @ArtiFedEx and @Zero_Kirby! I hope you are each enjoying your time here! Don’t forget, once you have the member badge you can join our Discord chat!

I’ve been around for numerous month and I never actually introduced myself here… Didnt know this thread existed until now. My b. Whoops!

I’m ZakM, from the United Kingdom, the place where barely anyone appreciates anime/manga/LN/VN the same way as other areas of the world, so finding people with a specific interest in Key’s work is a rarity in my experience.

That said I’ve been a huge fan for a number of years starting 2012 I believe.
My first experience was with Kyoto Animation’s Clannad after a colleague of mine in sixth form college nagged me for weeks telling me how amazing it was, which I eventually saw and was immediately hooked. That was the chain reaction which led to me seeing and reading every available series from Key. Ever since then I’ve been a dedicated supporter.

My favourite visual novel from Key is Little Busters, and unpopular opinion, my favourite anime adaptation from Key is also Little Busters (incoming pitch forks).
A close second would be the Clannad visual novel, which I recently finished, followed by Rewrite in close third.

5 Likes

Welcome, @ArtiFedEx, @Zero_Kirby, and @ZakM!

[quote=“ArtiFedEx, post:1734, topic:49”]
Hi! Call me Tomo!
[/quote]Very well, then. I shall call you that next time I see you. :wink:

[quote=“ZakM, post:1743, topic:49”]
I’ve been around for numerous month and I never actually introduced myself here.
[/quote]It’s fine. You’re probably not the only one around here. And I’m glad you took the time to introduce yourself. I like it when I get to know my friends a little more. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Zero_Kirby, post:1740, topic:49”]
I hope we can be friends
[/quote]Absolutely! You’d have to try reasonably hard if you don’t want to be my friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

There will be a few, but you’d be surprised how many people did legitimately enjoy the Little Busters! anime. I’m one of them :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s something I tend not to mention usually because every time I have told someone it more than often ends up in a never-ending argument, and usually involves some hostility aimed at me due to people not liking the adaptation.

I for one enjoyed both, and was content with most of the adaptation changes for many reasons that I could list out.
But I can’t deny that I’m probably the minority so I respect the very vocal defence of people that weren’t happy with it.

Nice to meet you @ZakM and @Zero_Kirby. I hope you have fun on Kaza. :smile:

Hello and welcome to @Zero_Kirby and @ZakM!

ah, I know that feel. Minorities unite :stuck_out_tongue:!

Welcome @eptakyrios, @fuzzlekins, @nio-kun, @Totoro_Futaki, @KotoriKanbe, @octoberpumpkin, @ArtiFedEx, @Zero_Kirby and @ZakM, I’ve been absent for a little too long it seems^^

1 Like

@ZakM and @Zero_Kirby, be welcome. Enjoy your stay, your in a good and friendly place. Nice to have you both on board. :grinning:

Hello, everyone!
I’m from Colorado in the USA, and I’m also a moderator over on Hummingbird.me where I have the same name. I’m also known as BeardMan on the forums there. I also have a MAL if you use that.

I’ve been a fan of Key since early 2013 when I watched Angel Beats! followed soon by Clannad which I consider to the anime that sold me on anime as a medium. I’ve since watched all non-Toei Key anime. My personal favorite though is Little Busters! which has been my favorite thing across all mediums since Refrain finished airing in December of 2013. No other work has ever resonated with me so much while at the same time teaching me so much to the point that I feel LB! was something I was meant to discover as it literally changed my life and view of the world. It’s spawned so many favorites of mine from characters, voice performances, messages, songs, and so on. There’s just been no other thing that I’ve been so passionate about sharing and discussing with others.

Sadly, I’m still a novice when it comes to visual novels as the only one I’ve read is, lo and behold, Little Busters!. I would have read more by now, but I wanted to make LB! my first. I initially started it in 2014, but decided to wait for the Memorial Edition translation to finish after completing one route. I eventually decided that I’d probably be fluent in Japanese by the time a Memorial Edition translation was done, I chose to continue the original VN. After dealing with lots of work and school, I was finally able to finish LB! yesterday (which coincidentally enough was Riki’s birthday). It made me cry harder than I have in my entire life (even more than the anime), and I’ve seen been in a huge void since and not sure of when I’ll recover haha. Some friends convinced me to start a blog since I have a thing for analyzing anime and such, so when I do start that up, I plan to write a huge analysis covering as much as I possibly can in both the anime and the VN.

My favorite character is Komari Kamikita (as my name implies). Like I said, LB! taught me a lot of things, and Komari taught me the most. I always considered myself to be an optimist, but she taught me what it really means to be one in terms of accepting negative things and have since taken on her Spiral of Happiness Theory as my life motto and apply it daily. Riki would definitely be second as he’s basically me. His growth as a character really reminded me of myself going through high school and entering university. We also bear the same eye color, hair color, hair style, and exact same height down to the centimeter. And to top if all off, I’m also narcoleptic just as he is, so it really is like LB! was just made for me.

I discovered Kazamatsuri through @Yerian and one of my best friends on the internet, @Inuconandoyle. Both of them told me over on Hummingbird to make an account here long ago, but for whatever reason, I never did, but felt like doing so after finishing LB! last night haha.

Something about myself? I’m a third-year university student studying linguistics and Japanese with the hopes of one day becoming a teacher (either here or abroad). Aside from that, my main interest is really just anime. I wish to experience as much as I can of the medium (save hentai), so I watch shows from all decades including animated shorts no matter how obscure. I’ve made it a goal this year to watch at least 1 anime short a day for the duration of the year, and so far that’s going really well!

So that’s about it I think. Sorry for typing so much (you can ask Inuconandoyle, I tend to type a lot when it comes to things like this haha). I’m glad to finally be a part of the community!

Oh, I forgot to mention, the word, “gao” is my favorite word thanks to Misuzu, so if you’re ever with me in a a chatroom, don’t be surprised if I toss a “gaogao” in every now and then hehe.

11 Likes

Really glad you finally decided to join us :kyogrin:

Im excited to hear all your thoughts on the VN, and I hope it encourages you to read more~

Im honestly sorry I never got to know you better, but I just slowly phased out of using Hummingbird as much as I spent more time around here. Hope I’ll get to talk to you more now that you’re here!

This post gave me the biggest nostalgic feeling and a new appreciation for just how amazing Little Busters really is. Now I want to read it all over again. (Hurry up, official localization!)

Welcome @KomariKamikita and I hope you enjoy your stay here :wink:

Welcome buddy and welcome everyone else that I missed for the past few months. Glad that you could all make it here. :smile:

Welcome @KomariKamikita. Glad to have a new fan of LB! on kaza. Enjoy your time here.

If you need recommendation for visual novels (other than Key works of course) , just let me know. :grin:

Welcome and it’s very pleasant for me to hear that you had just finished and enjoyed the LB VN more than the anime.

Welcome to Kazamatsuri and we hope to read you often. :seedling:

1 Like