I Wanna Be The Very Best - Let's Play Pokémon Fire Red

Finally Pikachu is a bit less useless with that thunderbolt!

For names, Haunter should be something that implies that it’s never going to evolve. I can’t come up with a really good name, but things that come to mind are: notGengar, miserable, and forgotten. That aside, you could call it shadow. Nothing extraordinary but it’s still acurate.

If cubone ended up wining, crybaby could be a good name. Also, since he has a bone and his head has a skull, and dogs like bones, you can call him Rex’s food or Rex’s toy.

Hey remember when you guys were like ‘noooo don’t get a rattata waaaah’ and here HYPER FANG is, eating Erika alive.

5 Likes
Part 19: Who you gonna call?

Lunar: “There won’t be any bushes in the Pokémon Tower, so you can rest for now.”

And back here.

Lunar: “Turns out ghosts are simply Pokémon as well.”

Lunar: “O…kay, what the hell is up with you? Anyway, Genji, use Bite!”

Hope: “The ghosts can be identified by the Silph Scope.”
Lunar: “Already know that, and I guess you’re welcome?”

Lunar: “I am not a malevolent spirit. This, however, seems to be one.”

Patricia: “The others above… They must have been possessed.”
Lunar: “That explains the weird behavior.”

Lunar: “Begone, ghost! Face this heavenly punishment!”

Carly: “Sorry! I was possessed!”

And up we go.

Lunar: “Eh, I really don’t feel like being cursed today.”

Laurel: “We can’t determine the identity of the ghosts…”

Lunar: “It’ll be gone in a second.”

Paula: “I must have been dreaming…”
Lunar: “If it makes you feel better…”

Lunar: “Beat you yes!”

Jody: “May the departed Pokémon rest in peace…”

Lunar: “Huh, there are also Pokémon here that aren’t ghosts, apparently…”

Further up…

Lunar: “Nah, I think I’ll decline. But you can join the others in being freed from possession!”

Ruth: “I was possessed.”
Lunar: “I noticed.”

Lunar: “Oh, that one’s different! Also, you don’t seem much different from other Trainers.”

Tammy: “I was under possession.”
Lunar: “Really? Like I said to your possessed self, there wasn’t really a difference to other Trainers.”

Channeler: “You can rest here.”
Lunar: “Thank you!”

Lunar: “Nah, only ghosts.”

Karina: “I regained my senses.”

Lunar: “Oh I get it! You and Karina were enacting a zombie apocalypse! You are the zombie, and she was the mortified human! Well, let me free you too.”

Janae: “I fell to evil spirits despite my training in the mountains…”
Lunar: “Hearing this, I’m starting to wonder why I’m not being possessed. I mean, I have no training at all.”

Up up up…

Lunar: “And you are a vampire?”

Angelica: “I feel anemic and weak…”

Lunar: “This laugh is undignified.”

Jennifer: “What’s going on here?”
Lunar: “Uhm, you are all being possessed by ghosts despite being trained in preventing that.”

Lunar: “Ugh, at least give me something to work with! If you’re just grunting, I don’t know what one-liners to use!”

Emilia: “My hair didn’t fall out! It was a malevolent spirit!”
Lunar: “If this was supposed to be a joke, I didn’t get it.”

Lunar: “Oh, so now I see the actual true nature of this ghost!”

Lunar: “A Marowak? Wait, could it be that you are the ghost of the Marowak that the Rockets killed? Poor thing. And now, you can’t move on, as it seems. Hmm, why could this be? …Ah wait, of course! You’re a mother, from what I’ve heard. So you’re worrying about your child! In that case, you can rest at ease. Your child is alive and well, I saw it at the Pokémon house here in this town. There are two children taking care of it, and they said that the owner of the house is very friendly to Pokémon as well, so it is in good hands.”

Lunar: “Oooh, so you’re still here! I’ll show you!”

Lunar: “I am here to enact justice! Atsuko, fry them with Thunderbolt!”

Grunt: “I’m not going to forget this!”
Lunar: “Better is! Because if you continue your crimes, you’ll have to face me again!”

Grunt: “Then, he starts ranting about how Team Rocket’s abusing Pokémon. So, we’re just talking it over as adults.”

Lunar: “Well, then don’t mind me chiming in and saying the old man is right. Time for the fangs of righteousness!”

Grunt: “Pokémon are only good for making money. Why not use them?”
Lunar: “It’s sad that you see it this way…”
Grunt: “You stay out of our business!”

Lunar: “I’d like to disagree with you. Johnny, use Quick Attack!”

Grunt: “You’re not getting away with this!”

Lunar: “Are you alright, Mr.?”

Mr. Fuji: “Thank you. But, I came here of my own free will. I came to calm the spirit of Cubone’s mother. I think Marowak’s spirit has finally left us. I must thank you for your kind concern. Follow me to my home, Pokémon House, at the foot of this tower.”

Mr. Fuji: “Your Pokédex quest is one that requires strong dedication. Without deep love for Pokémon, your quest may fail. I’m not sure if this will help you, but I’d like you to have it.”

Mr. Fuji: “Upon hearing the Poké Flute, sleeping Pokémon will spring awake. Try using it on Pokémon that are sleeping obstacles.”
Lunar: “Thank you!”
Now I’d actually like to catch one of those ghosts, though…

Lunar: There we go! As a ghost, you are like a shadow. So that’ll be your name. Welcome to the team!"

Okay, so my next goal is Fuchsia City. Seems like I have two possible routes to get there.

But which do I take?

Voting Time

So, next I’m going to use the Poké Flute to wake up a Snorlax, and I am going to catch it. So suggest a nickname for it. With other words, you vote who leaves for Snorlax:

Who leaves?

• Genji (Wartortle)
  • HYPER FANG (Raticate)
  • Atsuko (Pikachu)
  • snake (Arbok)
  • Johnny (Flareon)
  • Shadow (Haunter)

0 voters

You might also have noticed that Lunar was wondering which road he’ll take to Fuchsia. You get to choose that as well. The choices are the Silence Bridge south of Lavender and the Cycling Road west of Celadon. The other road is going to be taken on his way back from Fuchsia.

Where to next?

• Silence Bridge
  • Cycling Road

0 voters

Well, see you next week! And don’t forget to suggest a nickname!

For Snorlax’s nickname, I’m going to go with Nayuki for the sleepy face. If not Nayuki, then I guess Mt Fuji would be another suggestion.

2 Likes

I’m super late for this, but I support Nayuki as Snorlax’s nickname. It’s just perfect.

3 Likes

If I was in time for this, I would have nicknamed my machoke as Masato.

1 Like