Hikikomori Songs Official Website & Crossfade Released

Just yesterday, VisualArt’s released some big news for Jun Maeda’s newest music project, titled “Hikikomori Songs”. This new album is credited to Satsubatsu Kids, a name which may be familiar to you if you’ve heard of Autumn Song from a while back. This duo group features Jun Maeda as the main composer and lyricist, joined by a mysterious vocalist simply named Hyon. And now, almost a year after their debut single comes a full-length album, containing a dozen songs, most of which are brand new, but with a few covers of some of Jun Maeda’s older works (such as “Birthday Song = Requiem” and “Hanabi"). You can watch the crossfade video, containing a short sample of all their songs on YouTube in the preview above.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/hikikomori-songs-official-website-crossfade-released/
2 Likes

The sixth and seventh track are pretty cool, and the 11th is Love Song-ey enough for me. I can imagine the eighth being popular too. Not sure if the album will live up to Hikikomori no Uta, but there’s a few interesting sounding tracks at least.

Weird to see Hanabi on here though. That’s an oldie, wonder why it came to mind for the album. Hard to contest the Lia version.

I was ahead of my time!

Still, as we christened it in voice yesterday, LOVE BOYS! The Maeda boy album I’ve been waiting for, after Love Song 3’s disappointment, I’m looking forward to this one being better. Whens the Love Song 3/Love Boys bookclub.

A few standouts:

(3) Code Blue, most because it’s Five! We got Five music! The lyrics are changed but there is no denying it, it’s music from the secret Key VN, Five!
Aside from seeing random Five love, the fact that the original song is good shit(god level harmonica intro) has me hype for this.

(4) 神殺しの唄 is giving me some good shit ass vibes, I really like.

(5) goodbye. As in, good bye this song is so good it sent me to space. The instrumental part as the preview fades out sounds like the start of something amazing.

(8)(9)(10) 灰色の羽根, hanabi, ひきこもりの唄 I already know are good shit.

Eitherway, H Y P E.

5 Likes

There’s also track 7 (Real) which is a cover from How Low Hello.

I was hoping for some more mellow songs, since Maeda is a genius at onion cutting songs. But Long Long Love Song has lots of mellow songs, so that’s fine too.

Track 5 (Goodbye) is an interesting song. I hope that one gets a music video.

1 Like

Oh man I remember people (feel like it’s Biz) saying “Satsubatsu Kids album when?” less than a month ago lol. I was pretty into the songs myself, so yay~

Oh my…The lyrics of 「Code Blue」is heartbreaking, it’s just so maeda-ish when the subtle words let you realize the girl had passed away, it just makes you feel guilty for almost not getting it…