Harmonia - Pre-Release Discussion and Speculation

I would love Shiona if only she didn’t have that ultra ahoge.

In a ruined society, ain’t nobody got time for proper haircare! That’s a genuine cowlick right there, and a lot more realistic than the “antenna” ahoge that Itaru usually makes :u

Yeah! And in a ruined society the only thing that doesn’t look proper probably just that cowlick. That argument doesn’t work since the rest of their hair is gorgeous as fu**, and don’t even start with the dress!

But unrealistic hairstyle is one of the essence of animu after all :v

1 Like

What do you guys think of the rumour that this was meant to be released at Key 15th Fes but got pushed back? I think there’s quite a bit of merit to this.

1. Early on when we first reported on Harmonia, our source indicated that Harmonia would be present at Key 15th Fes in some form, whether it be a release or just promotion. There was hardly anything Harmonia there! Except Todoketai Melody.
  2. It was promoted as a ‘Key 15th Anniversary Commemoration Production’. Wouldn’t it make sense to release something like that the the Key 15th Anniversary Festival?
  3. Around the time of Key 15th Fes, Leo Kashida tweeted about how he thought Harmonia was releasing at Key 15th Fes and was confused. Shortly after he deleted the tweet. Misconception? Or not?

Seems a bit fishy to me.

#1: I believe the original news source, VisualStyle magazine, only said that there would be promotion of Harmonia at Key15th Fes. So yeah, todoketai melody, bunch of banners, and also they talked about it during a few of the talk shows I guess
#2: It does, but hey, 15th anniversary seems like a year-long celebration or something xP
#3: Wait he did? Wow that must mean something hahaha. Well, nothing we can do about it, just gotta wait now… orz

I’ve some good news here !

I had the chance to have dinner during Japan Expo (in Paris) with Takahiro Baba. At the end of the dinner, he told us "a little secret’ : Harmonia will be released at the end of the year and at the same time in English and Japanese !

Yeah, I fell from my chair after hearing that~
(If you don’t believe me, well, here is a picture… I don’t know if it counts as a proof but… well, if it doesn’t let’s say that’s for my ego)

13 Likes

Oh my god that is amazing news. I always semi-joked about Harmonia getting a simultaneous release in both languages due to it’s length and the recent relationship with Sekai Project, but I didn’t think that it would become reality!
Let’s just hope it’s good and does really well so this can be a trend for the future!

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

ARE YOU LYING ?! I WILL DESTROY YOU IF YOU LIE. Though I don’t get why they’re releasing it near the end of the year. It should have snow at least to make it feel right. Plus, I thought that the only reason why it was pushed back, was because of the 1st beat’s release. Yet, isn’t the 2nd beat, or whatever it’s going to be called, coming out in December ? I read some thread saying that each visual novel for Angel beats would be released every 6 months. It would make more sense if it’s released in the fall tbh.

@Kotarou Well, I think my ears worked correctly and I wasn’t drunk so… if he wasn’t lying to us, that’s the truth (I think that’s logical…). If I had to express reservations, I could say that I’m not 100% sure about the release this year. I’m pretty sure I heard him saying it but I’m not absolutely sure (let’s say 90%). It was such an extraordinary day that my memories aren’t that clear. But I’m 100% sure that he said Harmonia will be released at the same time in both languages (English and Japanese).

If I lied, you can come and destroy me (if I didn’t commit suicide before for bringing false hopes).
My body is ready [inserts Reggie’s face here].

Edit : I will try to contact some people who were with me that day. Three or four people should be more trustable than only one.

I think it’s possible. Say Clannad finishes late October and Harmonia is the same length as Harmonia. I’d imagine the team currently translating Clannad would be able to do Harmonia in about a month.
Stuff like Nekopara Vol. 1 released same day in US and Japan. Visual Arts could also pull a Front Wing and screw over SP (although since SP never got promised they’d do Harmonia I guess that’s far worse)

Uh…

Visual Arts is an experienced and fairly respected company though.

1 Like

crap meant Harmonia is same length as planetarian!

Also the reason I kept the thing about FW is technically as far as we know SP getting future VA stuff isn’t confirmed. If they decided to wait for Clannad’s sales to give Harmonia to SP then that would probably be too late. If they gave it to JAST or someone else it seems kinda like a dick move to SP but if SP was never promised future Key/VA stuff then it’s not as bad.

Uh. Harmonia isn’t the same length as Planetarian. Just because they’re small projects, and kinetic visual novels doesn’t mean they’re the same length. I’d be surprised if it was the same length honestly, Harmonia seems like a better and longer version, compared to Planetarian (not that I didn’t like Planetarian, since Yumemi is one of my waifu’s).

Also, I think it’ll be released this year @Achro since Harmonia celebrates Key’s 15th anniversary, and having it come out next year would kinda be pointless.

Harmonia does sound interesting though. Not to mention how the characters look :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Is there any indication it’s not planetarian length? I was going off an assumption most of Key’s staff are busy with Angel Beats than it being called a small project. I could be wrong though. Also if it does release here next year they don’t need to attach any “15th anniversary” stuff to it unless it’s full of references to their other stuff or something. Didn’t they form in 1998 anyway? That’s 17 years ago. Kanon released June 4 1999 which was 16 years ago. I’m not sure why Charlotte/1st Beat/Harmonia have the “15th anniversary” thing.

It’s considered and labeled as the 15th anniversary because, they’re starting from the date Kanon was released. They announced Charlotte, Angel Beats the first beat, and Harmonia in December 2014, so it actually is kinda considered their 15th anniversary. Also, you have to remember, both Na-Ga and Itaru Hinoue draw and do the CG’s. Na-Ga drew the characters for Angel Beats, and Jun Maeda planned mostly the whole thing, considering the first beat is the adaptions of episode 1-10 of the anime series. For Harmonia, Itaru drew the designs for the character sprites (which, I honestly adore more than Angel beats, I mean, look at dem eyes :3 ) Also, isn’t Harmonia lead by Kai ? Meaning they have different amounts working on each one. Also, remember, Angel beats the visual novel was announced back in 2013, as officially being released. It was suppose to be released during spring of 2014, but got pushed back, to summer 2015. So it has had 2 years since its announcement. Meaning there could have and should have been brakes, leading the team being able to do Harmonia. As far as I know, Shinji worked on both Angel beats and Harmonia for music. But this story seems like it has more content than Planetarian.

Note - Yes, other people do the CG’s too. But I’m talking about the character designers since it seems that they control it more.

Isn’t Holy Breaker 2 a thing? Itaru would be working on that as well. The OP mentions Kai is the scenario writer and I see him credited as writing in 1st Beat so I can only assume he’s going to be working on future volumes. Even though they’ve had time I doubt it would be any longer than say Tomoyo After which vndb lists at 10-30 hours which SP’s team that did Clannad in 6 months could probably do in 1 month.

No, they have not announced a release date (or even a name for that matter) for -2nd beat-. “Every 6 months” was the original estimate, but that was also back when release date was Spring 2014, so we really have no idea.

[quote=“Kotarou, post:23, topic:1200”]
Harmonia isn’t the same length as Planetarian.
[/quote](I feel like a broken record) Again, we have no idea how long Harmonia will be. Tipically, KineticNovels arent very long (relatively), so if I had to guess, I would say it would be around the the same length as planetarian.

No, it was “supposed” to “celebrate” Key 15th, but as @Aspirety said up above, it probably got delayed.

[quote=“Doublethree1, post:26, topic:1200”]
Isn’t Holy Breaker 2 a thing? Itaru would be working on that as well. The OP mentions Kai is the scenario writer and I see him credited as writing in 1st Beat so I can only assume he’s going to be working on future volumes.
[/quote]Yes, Kai is both director and scenario for Angel Beats, and scenario for Harmonia. HOLY BREAKER is Hinonie’s own little project, and I would assume that she would probably put Key stuff first.

Honestly though, this entire argument is pointless. If Baba said the plan to release it at the end of this year, then thats when it will be released, unless its delayed.

2 Likes

Isn’t Charlotte suppose to also celebrate their 15th year anniversary ? Cause by that logic, Harmonia’s wasn’t delayed.

Also, Harmonia was announced back in December. Did you honestly expect it to be released the same year ?

Nope.