General Visual Novel Topic

There’s a llama vn somewhere i need to read that and hatoful

1 Like

It never goes full serious, it goes crazily deep. Treat it like you would Alice in Wonderland - not serious per-say, but good at whatever it is doing. There’s a lot of conflicting emotions going on through the VN.

I think you’ll find that they are Alpacas, not Llamas. Paca plus, Sekai has it coming out on Steam.
I haven’t read it yet, but it’s either going to be stupid, or pretty good. I can imagine a really good story coming out of it, but I don’t know if the authors take themselves seriously.

1 Like

Paca Plus is bad. Like… really bad. The only good thing about it is the bad ending, which had me rolling. It was so unexpected. That said, it isn’t anything I would spend money on.

1 Like

That’s a shame then. As I said before though, the concept has potential. It’d be cool to see some good writers make use of a similar idea.

Sadly if you’re resorting to making the characters animals and using how ‘lel so funny’ that is a draw, you’re almost certainly a talentless hack at the whole ‘writing’ part of the thing and must use this to premise as a weak attempt to shove the bad writing under the rug.

Shit like this is so common in Anime(the “oh no I can’t write for shit I’ll just hide that under this whaaaaaacky premise”), it’s no surprise VN’s have a bit of it too.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a shame.

A story about the struggles of having a relationship with someone who randomly transforms into an animal could be a really interesting drama… The disconnect that it creates between the main characters and the rest of society. The lack of control the characters have over their own lives… It’d be a bit like Wolf Children! But, you know, good.

HOLD THE F**K UP

Woah wait. Woah woah. Oh snap he went there.

Ive just stopped getting surprised when Taka says crazy things. He just thinks about everything completely differently than me

1 Like

This community is too weird @A@ My opinions are suddenly unpopular!

Wolf Children was a pretty bad movie though. I explained it in the general anime thread and I think all my points are valid >.> Apart from the snipe at Ghibli.

1 Like

I mean anyone who knows Taka knows that whatever Taka hates/doesn’t like is a masterpiece :^)

So the one anime I hate more than any other is the best thing ever made? o.o

Everyone go watch Canvas: Motif of Sepia. It might be a hidden gem to the non-Takaverse!

I put it on my To-Watch-List. It can’t possibly be as bad as Bokusatsu Tenshi.

You have no idea. I know people who enjoyed Bokusatsu for what it was.

I actually don’t remember much at all about Canvas. All I remember is that my ears hurt after watching it, and 10 year old Taka forever labeled it as the worst thing to happen to anime. I’m pretty much just going off my 1/10 rating of it >.> Seems very harsh for me considering I struggle to go below a 5/10

Edit: Nevermind. I just read a synopsis and it all came flooding back. It’s as bad as I remember.
Oh, and just to prevent the “it’s just a bit old” argument, anime that are from around the same time include: Chobits, .Hack//Sign, Fruits Basket, Hajime no Ippo, Pokemon Movie: Heroes, Digimon Tamers, and (an OVA this time) Voices of a Distant Star. That’s scratching the surface.

Oh, okay. Read the top. Was not even slightly surprised. I just started Aiyoku no Eustia, with intentions of completing the entire thing. It was mostly the hype that got me into the whole thing. And seeing the VERY TOP HERE, adding to it… Yeah, lol, only more reason to go through it. Got college responsibilities floating around, but I should generally have time.

Dunno if I should post it here, or in the general gaming discussion, but it’s on VNDB so that’s good enough for me!

Anyone else started out Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney? Just came out last week (in US regions) and I’ve just finished the prologue and it was really really good! Even the first case was pretty amazing.
Layton puzzles were… Well, more of the same thing haha.

Even if you wanted to, you couldn’t read just one route of Eustia and be done with it (unless you wanted to only read Fione’s route). the way the game is set up you have to complete other routes to unlock the next one in line.

Also, you mentioned in the other thread that you’ve read Mina’s route on C@F; what did you think of that? I’m sure you saw in the OP that I was reading it at the time I was writing it, and I actually haven’t met many other people that have read it.

It was…hold on. I’ve never been asked this before, but Asagao said exactly what was on my mind when I got to it. I saved it in a .txt document and everything.

朝顔「せっかく乗り込もうとしていたのに……拍子抜けですね。」That’s how I felt when it ended. Didn’t the grandpa seem to sorta change a little… TOO quickly? Maybe it’s because I misinterpreted a line or something, but… I felt like he made a 180 WAY too quickly.

What else though… thought everything else though, build up in the route (that whole “fighting” thing, and other such things) was pretty hype. Thought the art and parts where things got really shiny were absolutely beautiful… and Taiyou is absolutely hilarious at times. A tiny bit sick of the whole friendship thing being so emphasized, but I thought it was enjoyable overall. Worth the read to me.

Wait, it has to be unlocked? I’m pretty sure a friend skipped some. They’re in order, but can’t you just choose choices that don’t get you on their routes to go past them?

yeah, I think he turned around way too quickly too, but it wasn’t a huge deal in my opinion. overall it was a decent read; nothing really special about it.

As far as Eustia goes, technically you don’t have to do any of the routes, but you have to complete each character arc before continuing to the next character arc. I probably should have worded that better, my bad

I’ve read a handful of visual novels. While Little Busters is my #1 VN, my second favourite would probably be Umineko. It did really drag on a bit around the middle and I was getting a bit tired, but I persevered and it was worth it in the end. I’ve been meaning to do a reread but haven’t got round to it yet. The Higurashi VNs are excellent, as well as Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night.

Hatoful Boyfriend surprised me. I dropped my playthrough of it initially, but read a Let’s Play and the final route was actually quite good.

1 Like