General Manga Discussion

Never too much Makoto Shinkai.

On the weekend I read a webtoon called Koi Inu. Itā€™s a comedy romance drama and I loved it so much that I caught up to the over 100 translated chapters in like 2 days. Itā€™s so damn cute cuz it has a reasonable plot and progression and it features legitimate feeling dating life. I like the stuff where it keeps going after two people decide to go out and when the story shows the perspectives of characters, especially in their disagreements and fights. So, Koi Inu was really cute and perfect for me.

Hah just kidding me from 27 days ago. I found the perfect manga for me. My friend recommended a manga called My Girl by Sahara Mizu and oh boy this is some gooooooooddd stuff. It features a father daughter pair as the main characters which if you know my favorite Key characters, you would know that I love this kind of thing. Anyways, I finished the manga hella fast and now Iā€™m sad because I canā€™t fill a certain void in my heart.

1 Like

My MAL

At this point, all Iā€™ve been reading recently are fantasy, transported to another world-themed manga. Well, itā€™s more like I read the web novel first and then I come across news that a manga has started adapting the web novel, so I end up reading the manga too. I have a pretty damn long list, so I want to throw it out there that I can always help with recommendations in that area if anyone needs it.

Outside the reincarnation/transported-to-another-world trope, Here are some unique ones I want to share tho:

-> Bokura no Kiseki is one of the more recent Iā€™ve read. Itā€™s about a group of students remembering their past lives, which were all from the same time of war and strife. Itā€™s pretty tense and everyone works hard to hide their identities since who knows who has a past life of a friend or foe. :naze:

-> Shishunki Bitter Change is a gender-bender where a boy and girl which bodies when they were young, and now they are stuck as-is. The time progression flows by really quickly, so it shows a lot of perspectives about various things and makes you hurt from childhood to high school. :uee:

:happy:

1 Like

I just want to add that Humble Bundle has one of the best manga bundles that I have ever seen going on right now.

That bundles includes Land of the Lustrous, Clockwork Planet, Noragami, To Your Eternity, and Mushishi on top of a lot of other known names. That bundle is worth it for Mushishi alone IMHO (all 10 volumes of it of course), and getting physical editions of that manga is quite pricey now. Please note that I cannot attest to how worthwhile any of them are other than Mushishi, nor can I attest to how much or little violence or fanservice is in some of them, sorry about that.

Mushishi can be best described as a episodic story where some chapters are happy, some are sad, and the whole experience is the epitome of ā€œink artā€. You donā€™t know what you are going to get each chapter, but it is definitely immersive.

Please take a look

3 Likes

thanks for sharing !! Do they also ship physical copies?

Usually, Humble Bundle does not deal with physical copies for anything. I can only remember a bundle that they did for Pathfinder where you could get the boxed version of it off the top of my head. Sorry.

I will second this opinion. It is worth it just for Mushishi.

But I will say, at least Noragami and Battle Angel are pretty good bonuses. I already have Mushishi and Battle Angel, but I was thinking I might grab this bundle just for the discount I would be getting for Noragami. It is a really solid Shonen supernatural story from what I have read so far.

1 Like

I REALLY HATE MANGA!!!

This isnt even my entire collection as over 30 volumes are borrowed at the moment and I have all the volumes in the recent humble bundle pack. Although I recently got into visual novels and have since read way too much of them (mainly due to their incredibly cheap price when on sale.) Iā€™ll give a quick shoutout to a series called bakuman if your interested in how manga is made and the business side of things. Its a manga about creating manga.

If you want to start a collection of manga Iā€™d advise buying the viz media box sets as those are much cheaper than buying the individual volumes and if you get it from ā€œThe Book Depositoryā€ everythings is much cheaper. If you purchase the viz media box sets from the book depository, you can pretty much pay (IN AUD) $6 a book instead of the regular $15 a book which is a fantastic price. With the viz media box sets from there i paid $280AUD and got volumes 28-72 (A nintendo switch costs $470AUD as a reference.) Free Postage worldwide as well.

1 Like