General Issues

got 2 anniversary badges today:

1. Shouldn’t that last one be '17, not 16?
  2. And why is it July, while the other two were march?

I think they may have just broken it, I got the same thing o.O

Drawbacks of running the forum on betas, I suppose…

(originally posted in the feedback topic, did not realize there is a issues topic as well, which would fit better. Removed post there to put it here)

I had a bit of difficulty getting the Forum aware that I did read the CoC. In fact, after a few retries when I realized it still had the “New” tag even after I read all of it one night on a train ride, it reminded me that it still did not register by giving me the Bad Dango badge. For some reason after retrying once more I think it worked, I don’t know what I did different this time though.
I do know that first time on the CoC probably was not counted because I went offline at some point due to bad connection. I don’t know about the retries though, but maybe I did not linger long enough since I was not rereading the whole thing I just read a few days ago…but I don’t know. Weird.

Well, upon checking, it seems you’ve been granted the badge of “Read Guidelines” so you probably shouldn’t worry about it too much :yahaha: The revocation of the Bad Dango badge is run every 24 hours whereas the granting of Read Guidelines is immediately after you read it. If it’s still there tomorrow, then I’ll look more into it :slight_smile:

Don’t worry too much about how it is now. I realized I got the badge later, so …well I don’t really worry about it. Even if I kept the Bad Dango, it’s an additional achievement :ohhh: ? A bad one, but an achievement :smiley: . I am just a bit weirded out why it did not work before that, even with a stable connection (because I saw it kep being tagged as new)

1 Like

This is probably the place to mention this. Over in the “Best posts…” topic is this:

The missing images can be fixed by changing the embed code into direct urls, so anyone with edit privileges can fix the more important posts.

The links to the bookclubs are working, but clicking on the bookclub button itself leads to a 500 Server error page.

https://kazamatsuri.org/bookclubs/

I didn’t realize that was a button. Same applies to Community Content.

Mmh, ideally they wouldn’t be buttons, but I don’t seem to be able to make that an option…

Mentioned this over on the discord, but spoiler text is really hard to read on the blue background of a quotes box.

Difficult to read.

It’s not a huge or unavoidable issue, but it is inconvenient.

If I had to make a suggestion on how to fix it, we could change the colour of the quotes box. Before the page fully loads the quotes box is grey, and it’s pretty easy to read spoiler text until the box turns blue, for example.

1 Like

@kyuketsukimiyu Think you can do something about this?

I will take a look at it! Or rather I took a look at it and because they are using inline HTML styles I am going to have to consider how I want to fix it. But I will do it.

Okay, I darkened the block quote box color, and the contrast seems a lot better and still plays nice with the regular white text. Looking better @Aspirety & @machelmore? :ahaha:

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s much better.

Though while I’m here, I may as well be a negative nancy and point out another issue I noticed ages ago but never brought up:

As I’ve highlighted, the post above the large space has a details box or whatever it’s called. I’m not entirely sure what the conditions are for the space to appear, but in my experience, if you open the details box, then scroll down well past where the post ends and scroll back up again, a giant space the size of the amount of text hidden in the box will be there.

It’s not really a problem, but I thought that since I noticed it, I may as well point it out.

Hello,

I’m not sure if it’s just me but it seems that I keep getting Key news late? Not sure if that makes sense. Like I check every day and nothing shows up until a few days after it said it was posted?

Thank you for reading!

I’ve definitely noticed the news doing some weird stuff lately. For a while I don’t think it was updating at all, and then a few weeks worth of news showed up at once.

1 Like

Once a good chunk of news disappeared and then randomly came back.

1 Like

I remember that too! It was with the planetarium news being on the switch…

If you mean the blog page https://kazamatsuri.org/ it’s been wonky for a while. It doesn’t show updates until a number of days afterwards. The automated Blog Discussion topics and our social media links still work like normal.

I’m having trouble setting up RLDev but the RLDev for Dummies thread doesn’t let me post a reply (I’m guessing the thread is too old?). Should I just make a new thread to ask for help?

Edit: Nevermind the button appears for me now.

Small thing. Since the welcome thread got changed, the “WELCOME” button on the front page needs updating. It’s currently linked to the old url.

1 Like