General Gaming Discussion

That’s an… interesting KanColle ripoff you got there.

(Here’s the actual game.)

3 Likes

Other than visual novels, I play mostly FPS RPG and rarily strategy games (only if I feel really smart). Not to mention I’m still a big Sonic fan (but not like those brainless ones, don’t worry).
Here’s my Steam profile
Some of my favorite games are:
-Anything came out from Valve (Praise Lord GabeN)
-Assassin’s Creed series (left playing them after AC:III though)
-Batman Arkham series
-Bioshock series
-Deus Ex series
-Dirt series
-F.E.A.R. series
-Pokemon Series
-Resident Evil series
-One Finger Death Punch
-Saints Row series
-Tomb Raider series
The list goes on, but majorly, these are my most favorites.

So Stardew Valley has been quite addictive.
I can definitely recommend it though. It has all the right parts of a fantasy RPG mixed in with a farming tycoon to make a country farmer life-y game. It’s got a bit of something from many other genres that goes well with a wide audience. The relationship system took some getting used to and I think it is heavily inspired by Harvest Moon but I learned to like the simplicity of how it is used here. The random events keep things interesting when you least expect it and it is fun to see how the game world has developed compared to others. The upcoming multiplayer setting should be an amazing addition to Stardew Valley.

This meteorite has been on my farm since early in the game, I hadn’t been able to break it until now due to low tier tools and I had been building around it since.

1 Like

I finally got around buying the “Tough Break Pass” on TF2 and the game is much more addicting for me now then you get to do the contracts. Spent almost 4-5 hours today trying to complete the contracts.

But yeah, I’m also hoping that I get a Competitive Pass soon so I can finally check out what competitive is all about.

I donno what else to put here. I got this thing in a case today. Worth 4 euros.

1 Like

Does anyone here play Grand Strategy games? Still like Hearts of Iron III or Crusader Kings II or Europa Universalis.

I love those kinds of games. Anyone else play them? Or is anyone up for a multiplayer session? If we filled up Europe in CKII, we’d have a really ridiculous time haha.

In any case, super hyped for Hearts of Iron IV. For any World War II lovers out there, HoI IV and Company of Heroes 2 are tons of fun. Gotta love the nervousness you get when an enemy King Tiger rolls into the battle.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ask a Key fan!

Anyone still playing Warcraft III custom maps? I am, and I’m having a blast with one in particular called Hero of the Empire. If anyone feels like playing some of it, hit me up ^^

Anyone planning on getting Dark Souls 3 on release?

Do 4X games count? I’ve been playing Master of Orion lately.

This is in between my glut of driving and other car or racing-themed games.

If you have some cash lying around, I’d suggest Polyrace for the PC. It’s on Steam and it’ll run on a toaster.

I get tired of some of the bigger 4X games, since they tend to bog down late-game with the micro…

Right now, I’m saving for Stellaris (just 15 days!) and then Hearts of Iron IV after that, so I’ll be busy, haha.

I am playing One Piece Ultimate War game: op.gogames.me

So I got into Mirrors Edge Catalyst beta and I have to say that it was better than expected, sure there are some bugs cuz its beta but I am really looking forward to the finished game.
I thought that the combat is going to be buggy and boring, but the way they made it is pretty entertaining and is fun to play around with.
Here is a screen in the night :3.
P.S. The game is BEAUTIFUL
P.S.S I was playing it on Medium cuz I have a shit pc, still awesome.

3 Likes

So the Overwatch open beta went live yesterday and I have spent about 10 hours on the game so far playing with 5 friends. And I have never had this much fun playing a shooter.

The combat is awesome, the game looks awesome, all the classes are unique and fun in their own way and it’s a blast to play with a full party with friends. Just talking about it here makes wanna play it ever more! I’m also trying to main Pharah and I’m getting pretty decent at doing air-shots and direct hitting.

But yeah, if you can and have a computer that can handle the game, you should download it! It’s in open beta right now and free to download!

So yeah, Overwatch is fun and you should download the thing and gamer the stuff and kill things and push carts for no reason.

Oh, and screw you Bastion…

4 Likes

Me, @IkaCZ, and @Bizkitdoh have all been playing regularly since the prerelease beta on Tuesday, and all been finding it really fun.

I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for quakeoid esque games with silly movement and rocket jumping, but Overwatch has an objective-focused and ability-focused type of gameplay which really quite works.

It’s very easy to get sucked into wanting to win a game especially when you’re working with friends, which is something that was not as easily found in games like TF2. 6v6 players makes it easy to feel like you’re actually an important part of the team, and then with a cast of pretty great characters designed almost MOBA style, I’m finding it a very pleasant experience so far.

Played a lot of Reinhardt at the moment, really like pushing the objective with a huge shield. He’s probably one of the easier heroes to pick up, but getting clutch firestrike and charge kills is always so satisfying. Having a big hammer to smack people with is really fun too. It’s a lot of fun to kill people playing as a class that isn’t entirely designed to do damage. (he also has a really fucking cool edgy black and firey skin)

I do enjoy Pharah too, there’s certainly some transferrable skills from TF2’s rockets, and Quake. I love me some rocket projectiles in fps games.

Definitely recommend people check it out while it’s free, it’s for sure a game people can have fun with even if you don’t play fps games!

2 Likes

Yup, everyone’s on the Overwatch train. Been playing Widowmaker, Junkrat and D.Va, with a few Mercy games too. My Amélie has been doing me well as a generic sniper, and Junkrat is reminiscent of the days I used to only go for C4 kills in MW2. I didn’t expect to like D.Va, but I had to pick a tank at some point, and she just clicked with me. And Mercy because… Sometimes people don’t pick Support. I played a bit of Reaper too because he looked like the only Attacker I’d understand. I pretty much just flank and distract as many people during invuln while my team gets objectives… Pretty sure that’s what his kit is for. Oh, and screw Genji. Dude is like the easiest character ever, and I don’t want to give into the free win machine, but he’s annoying to play against.

I’m not sure if I like how quick or slow games are right now. Most of the time I’m not even paying attention to who is winning or losing, because it doesn’t really matter. I also don’t like feeling like there’s nothing to learn… I knew the game in a few matches.
Only played solo so far, gonna play with a group tomorrow. That might change the win/loss thing. Still, it’s been pretty fun so far.

I played against a Widowmaker named Marcus today. Guess someone took that name before ya @Bonecuss.

1 Like

WIDOWBAEKER.

Yeah this game is stupid fun. I’ll be pumping a couple thousand hours into it pretty easily, I suspect.

I’m not letting myself touch any other classes until I can near perfect my Widowmaker game which will take a lot of map knowledge and accuracy tuning, but it feels worth it- Something I WANT to do because I love this game so far.

This is easily my biggest problem now. I play a map for the first time and, eventually, find that nice place where you get into your stride, you start being really calm about everything, and you go on a massive killing spree… And then every time I play that map I always go to that exact same place. When my position is noticed by the enemy team I’m like “OH GOD WHERE DO I GO NOW!?” Commence rappelling up to a roof that’s beyond the height limit.

Dude, the sightlines are endless and you just cannot be predictable. Tons of things to learn! Something non-snipers need to learn is that Genji exists and his goal 100% of the time is to kill a sniper before going ham on everyone else, yet nobody looks for him. ;_;

Generally I see him, but I don’t know any of the routes he could go to get to me, so I just ignore it and move somewhere else.

Recently finished Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright.

Really loved that, great experience. Very Umineko’esque feel. Although gameplay was pretty standard but that is to be expected from both franchises which are pretty simplistic to start with.

Very strong narrative surprisingly, it’s rare to see a well written story with a video game. But hey leave it Layton and Wright to prove me wrong. Refreshing to finally experience a decent mystery storyline after digging through the Umineko void only to find bad series after bad series before arriving here.