General Feedback Topic

Ah, yeah, Discourse has some quite high requirements on the user’s browser compared to most sites. Basically, you have to be reasonably up to date, or it flat-out won’t work. The requirements are listed here. If you’re on an abandoned Android phone that never got any updates (the state of Android devices in general is sad in that regard), see if a third-party browser works or something.

If we were to go with a custom theme, do people have any particular suggestions of what they’d like it to look like?

I’m bad at background stuff, so it’s an ugly example… but if someone (who knew what they were doing) did something like this, I think this would look good~ I have a bunch of cutouts in the shape of the Rewrite clock thingy~

The Spoiler tags don’t seem to be working for me. Were they removed?

Seems to be working for me.

Use [spoiler]*[/spoiler]

Weird. I think my browser is being buggy then.The spoilers from certain pages are vanishing and reappearing for me >< I might have to check my extensions and see if one of them is messing with it…

Sorry about the necroing, but am I supposed to receive emails notifications about my own posts in watched topics?

First, necroing is very encouraged here, so don’t feel bad. We even say as such in our FAQ.
Second, uhh I’m not sure. I don’t think I’ve ever received an email notification from discourse before, and I’ve never needed to with how frequently I check it, ahaha. Better off asking @uppfinnarn this one.

Oh, yeah, that’s if you’ve enabled Mailinglist Mode in the settings; with that off, you only get others’ posts.

I know it’s encouraged(I actually read your FAQ and Guidelines ;-)), I just wasn’t sure if this were the right thread for my inquiry ^_^’

Thanks @uppfinnarn :slight_smile:

I know there’s a really good reason, but I kind of have a gripe with the 4MB maximum image upload limit. For starters, most cellphone camera pics can’t be uploaded anymore without pre-processing. And larger images are pretty hard to manage if we want to upload them.

I’m pretty bad with image editing software in general, so for the meantime, maybe somebody has recommendations as to what is a good image compression software?

Irfanview is nice and simple. You could try that out.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m wondering if we could put the option to make a Poll topic? I’m pretty sure discourse supports it as I have seen it being used in the Sekai Project forums.

1 Like

I think it would be really fun to get some threads going like “Who is your favourite Key character?”

1 Like

So I like chatting with people over PM from time to time and it’d be great if I could do it without Kaza bitching at me that my post is too short. Like I get that PMs are treated as threads, but I’m wondering if there’d be a way to change it. If not, well, it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

@Bonecuss, sounds great! Just make sure it’s “Who is your favourite Key character and why?” and we have a perfect topic for discussion. Go ahead and make one :stuck_out_tongue:

That could actually invite quite a few topics. Not only a general ‘favourite key character’ topic, but also things like ‘favourite protagonist’, ‘favourite female’, etc.

We definitely need polls… @uppfinnarn, we need to get that poll plugin!

@LinkThinks, I’ve adjusted the settings to let you post short posts for the time being. But I can’t do anything about ALL CAPS posts, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you based Aspi.

Anyways, my only other real gripe is the forced emotes on here. I don’t mind having them available for other people to use, but they’re just not something I enjoy. If those emotes could be separated from normal ones it’d be really nice.

1 Like

The :stuck_out_tongue: emote is so ugly ;~; Taka no like.

3 Likes

Same. I liked the old :stuck_out_tongue: better.

But I guess it’s a default discourse thing, eh?

I was thinking of having OTP thread…