General Anime Discussion

Really? I found Spring and Summer way more enjoyable than Winter. All I liked from winter was YLIA, JoJo’s, AC and Koufuku Graffiti. Saekano was fun but I hate anime that don’t have proper endings unless they’re split-cour.

Spring had: Finishing AC and JoJo’s, Danna ga Nani 2, F/SN, Hibike, Kinmoza, Plastic Memories, Ore Monogatari and Shokugeki no Souma and Summer had: Finishing OM and SnS, Gakkougurashi, Shimosekai, Wakaba*Girl and Wakako-Zake

I didn’t watch AC, JoJo’s, Danna ga Nani, or Kinmoza, and dropped Ore Monogatari. Too much SoL and comedy for me. Can’t stand that stuff.
I had 4 shows over 6/10 in Spring - Hibike! Euphonium, Plamemo, F/SN, and Soma.

In Summer, I dropped Shimosekai, and didn’t watch Wakaba*Girl or Wakako-Zake.
Above 6/10 in Summer for me were - Classroom Crisis, Jitsu wa Watashi wa, Joukamachi, Overlord, and Gakkou Gurashi.

There were definitely a decent amount of good shows in those seasons, but Shirobako was better than all of them. Saekano was fun to watch being that it’s a play on the type of anime that got me into the medium, Aldnoah embraced it’s stupidity and really upped it’s quality in the second season, Parasyte has a super strong start, and AnY was just standard period-fantasy stuff. I think that, while there were less good shows, they outclassed the other seasons in overall quality, and it was a lot more entertaining to follow each week.

I guess that might be why we disagree. I’d much rather have a bunch of 7-8/10s than a couple 9-10/10s. I generally don’t think of shows in terms of numbers just “How enjoyable was it?” and “Did it reach the goal it set in episode 1?” and everything I listed would be very enjoyable and yes for me.

I just checked my average scores of each season, and the ranking for them is

1. Summer (7.5) - 20 shows
  2. Spring (7.43) - 14 shows
  3. Fall (6.86) - 14 shows
  4. Winter (6.1) - 15 shows

As for really good shows per season (score 8 or above):

• Summer: Durarara, Gakkougurashi, Gatchaman, Gate, Himouto, Prison School, MonMusu, Non Non Biyori, Overlord, Symphogear
  • Spring: DanMachi, Fate/UBW, KinMosa, Nisekoi, Souma, OreGairu, Yamada-kun
  • Fall: GochiUsa, One Punch Man, Owarimonogatari, Yuru Yuri
  • Winter: Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Death Parade, Durarara

I should add that fall and winter were also the only seasons that had shows with score 4 or lower, so that pulled them down a bit, those being Fafnir, Shinmai Maou and Yuri Kuma in winter, and Garo and Lance 'n Masques in fall (I guess some people are gonna hate me for this^^)

Anyways, for me the Season of the Year award goes to the summer season :3

[quote=“Doublethree1, post:351, topic:27”]
I generally don’t think of shows in terms of numbers just “How enjoyable was it?” and “Did it reach the goal it set in episode 1?” and everything I listed would be very enjoyable and yes for me
[/quote]Yeah that is the downside of scores, there’s a few shows where I’m like “this is a meh show but still strangely enjoyable” like Shomin Sample this season, so I’m always pondering on the scoring because on one hand I do feel like it’s meh but I also want to show that I enjoyed it… quite the dilemma^^

I liked LnM for the first 3 episodes but after that it’s been so bad![quote=“Skyzzed, post:352, topic:27”]
this is a meh show but still strangely enjoyable
[/quote]
That’s why I don’t really score. I do give anime scores on MAL but I myself don’t put much stock in those.

1 Like

My favorite example is “I want to give NagiAsu an 11/10, but I can’t, so I’ll give it an 8.”

My favorite anime is Black Butler, and I think Black Butler costumes are beautiful, especially Ciel Phantomhive

Yesterday, I finished watching the Ef series and I had a lot to say about it on Hummingbird so if you want to read about it here you go… https://hummingbird.me/stories/6912347

But if you want the short story, I really enjoyed watching Ef and I can see why a lot of people here love it. It’s a nice romantic drama with some amazing and interesting animation and nice music to go with it (A Moon Filled Sky, Euphoric Field and “I’m here” for the win buddy). Plus, the drama moments for the most part were done really well and it did a good job of tucking my heartstrings when they occurred. Lastly, Chihiro is best girl with Yuuko / Ms Anonymous, Miyako and Mizuki coming pretty close. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Kitaaaaaa! The New Year is here, and you know what that means? Not much actually… But we can group up all of the anime marked with that 2015 label and set them against each other in a battle of popularity! Popularity… With a single person… Me. Yay~

Favorite anime: Shirobako. An office drama anime, with a large lovable cast, a good sense of humor, and some insight into the workings of the anime industry. It might be a bit slow for some new viewers, but Shirobako flew from 2014 into 2015 in quality fashion, and no show since has come close to being as engrossing or emotional as this simple TV drama-styled show. The creators put a lot of care into the show, and it shows! (hah…) The best thing about the show is it’s wide appeal. You don’t even need to know much about anime, despite that being the focal point of the show. Have you been in a working environment ever in your life? Boom! Shirobako is a reflection of that time. A really good reflection. The only real downside to the show is how little screen-time some of the “main” characters got… But that’s what a second season is for! … Shame they might never make one.

Least Favorite anime: Tokyo Ghoul √A. It should have been Owari no Seraph here, but at least that show only had a bit of good background art as it’s promise. Tokyo Ghoul Root A was clearly the result of a secret anti-TG organization. They took a largely loved franchise, filled it with QUALITY, shoved the favorite characters aside, and then just gave up. It DID have a nice OP and ED, but it doesn’t make up for the pain of the actual show. Remember last year, when I said DRAMAtical Murder was impressive because it became so disturbingly lifeless? Well with the shoddy animation and the botched sound effects work, TG√A will remind you of that pain.
Shoulda just given us a still frame of Touka for 20 minutes. It’d have been a lot better.

Favorite moment: Jitsu wa Watashi wa - Episode 9. Sandwiched in-between the loud comedic streak of episodes and the start of the romance-fueled drama, there sits a fairly unimpressive scene. It’s the pool episode, so everyone is showing skin and learning to swim. But for our main heroine, a single pool trip isn’t enough. This leads to a rare break from the hectic but fun atmosphere of Jitsu wa Watashi wa. Our hero and heroine sneak into the school at night, go to the pool, and… They practice swimming.
It doesn’t sound impressive, and honestly, the scene isn’t amazing as a standalone… But it was a really sweet and peaceful scene. It reminded us that, while the bright trope-filled romcom is there to make us laugh, these characters can bring a smile to our faces in much simpler ways… They can just be real.

Best guy: I spent a while thinking about all the different male characters, and comparing them all… But in the end, none of them feel like a “best” character. Sooo, no best guy this year.

Worst guy: Slaine Troyard. It’s not often that the “worst guy” title is used in a positive light. Slaine wasn’t a bad character… That award goes to his counterpart Inaho. Slaine was the bad one. That was his role, and everyone knew it. The portrayal of this role however is the biggest reason to even bother watching Aldnoah. Aside from it’s nice music, there would be no reason to watch this show without Slaine. He’s awful, and I applaud him for that.

Best girl: Kumiko Oumae isn’t my favorite Hibike! Euphonium character. She may not even be in my top 5 favorite cast members… And even though I felt the show was ultimately another KyoAni letdown, no one can deny that Oumae is one of the better protagonists of the past 5 years. When it comes to Euphonium, despite the large cliche’d cast, there are some characters who are depicted so well that it is stunning to view. The way they act, the way they are shown, and the way that they change. Oumae is the embodiment of what Euphonium tries to achieve and portray. She’s the uncertainty we see in other classmates, the hypocrisy we see in the classroom, and the determination we see in her friends. She’s the perfect protagonist for this kind of story… Something you don’t hear often in relation to anime.

Worst girl: Nachetania. I actually didn’t dislike many of the girl characters in anime this year, but Nache got pretty annoying sometimes. She was too loud and unreasonable, and she didn’t treat others very well. I think most people get that impression of her once they get past the bunny girl thing.

Best cast: Joukamachi no Dandelion. My section on this show in my Summer wrap-up post explains my reasoning for this pretty well.
“Meet the Sakurada family, a group of 11. Being so large isn’t the only strange thing about this family however; The father is a King, and the 9 children are in a battle to become the next in line! A battle of… popularity!
There is another strange thing about this family though. All born of religious blood receive a superpower.
Each week, we get to watch them deal with both public and private life, understand their responsibilities as both royalty and superhuman, and find out why they want to become the King of their land, all in hopes that they will be number 1 on the popularity polls.
Each episode has us follow around at least one member of the family, during which we will get to know them better. Most episodes are split into 2 or 3 parts, each part centering around a different Sakurada. With 11 family members, you’d think developing the cast would be quite the task, however the show does a surprisingly good job of bringing each character to life, even the parents! We get a good look at everyone’s little group. Some people spend more time with certain family members than others. Some have totally different circles in school and at work. It’s really nice to see all the connections.”
We didn’t get as much time with the cast as I’d have liked, but even a season later I remember my love for the large Sakurada family and their friends.

Worst cast: Owari no Seraph. Everything about this show sucked, but the two whiny shounen-protags who never get anything done being the focal point of the show? Baaad idea. I couldn’t even stand Eren, and he’s much better than these guys. Shoulda just been Shinoa insulting people each week.

Guilty pleasure: Digimon Adventure Tri: Saikai. The first half was really painful to watch. It was really bad. The second half was enjoyable as a Digimon fan, but it didn’t have much content. Once that second half came though, I loved it. Trashy animation, badly-managed sound effects, inconsistent cast, not much happening, no re-establishment for people who have hazy memories of previous Adventure shows… It sucked.

Biggest disappointment: I want to say Punch Line… But I’ll go with Kekkai Sensen instead. Kekkai Sensen is what happens when you get a bunch of talented people together, give them a crazy random source to work with, and then have them try to make it serious. Then your staff go off, make their dream scenes, come back, and realize none of it fits together… But it looks cool! Kekkai Sensen was pretty, it had an interesting cast, a world that felt amazing, great comedy, an intriguing and emotional story, some of the best music in anime this year… It had a lot going for it, and y’know, if you look at this show scene-by-scene, you will see all of that promise come to fruition. As a whole however, the show is just messy and forgettable. With what it had to work with, it could have been one of the best shows of the year. Instead, it’s just… It’s there.

Unexpected favorite: Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry started as a slightly less-bad Asterisk, but it quickly made it’s intent clear. It may have all the tropes of a light novel harem story, but Rakudai has a pretty good love story that starts very early into the show, and actually progresses in a reasonable fashion! (Oh, and all of it’s fight scenes pace perfectly with Don’t Lose Your Way… Just saying.) Responsible for two other shows of the season, and following up on the awfully bad Chaos Dragon, I didn’t expect much from Studio Silver Link, however, for this show in particular, they brought back their old 2012 charm; they start a show, and then as the episodes progress, they get more and more serious about their work, leading to a finale that makes you think… “Wow, that was good?” I wish this was getting a second season instead of Asterisk, but hey, there’s always the Light Novels!

Favorite OP: Munou - österreich. Hi again Tokyo Ghoul! So yeah, I listened to this song for the whole year. It’s been stuck in my head since the first time I listened to it. Yamada-kun’s OP almost stole the spot, but I have to praise Munou on it’s longevity. I’m still not bored of it somehow.

Favorite ED: This is actually a really tough one, so I’m going to have to give some honorable mentions. Absolute Duo’s Believe x Believe is honorable mention #1. While the show wasn’t great, this ED is such a nice peacefully upbeat track to listen to. The animation for it is really cute too. Asterisk War’s Waiting for the Rain is my other notable. It is used really well; likely being the sole factor that kept me hyped about the show. The timing of both the music and the animation is the work of wonders, something the rest of the show surely needed. Edging past the strong competition, Classroom Crisis is my ED of the year. I was pretty surprised as I hadn’t heard ClariS since they swapped out one of the singers, and I didn’t expect such a song from the ClariS name. I gave it a loooot of coverage in my Summer wrap-up, so I’ll copy what I said about it there.
“The ED is the crux of the nostalgia this show’s music gives me. I love the instrument choices. It’s kinda sci-fi, but very old school at the same time. The singing sounds like that too. Props to ClariS for that.
Mixed with the old style of placing still images on one side of the screen while the credits fade in and out of a black background on the other side, and I’m in love. The image choice is very nice too, especially that shot of Mizuki pulling Iris out of the shadows. They were very smart in using the ED as a chance to add more history to Mizuki and Iris. It’s an ED that adds development to the show. By skipping it you are missing out on crucial information… and I love that.”

Favorite Soundtrack: Gakkou Gurashi. Hands down the best this year. It’s a very large one, so it’s not the most consistent thing, but there are a lot of crazily impressive tracks! Unfortunately most of them haven’t been released yet, so I can’t share any previews, but that gives us something to look forward to. From the broken music box struggling to keep going, to the depressingly hopeful ‘We Took Each Other’s Hand’ Gakkou Gurashi has the perfect series of songs to represent it, and it took advantage of that better than any other show of 2015.

Late to the show: Sidonia no Kishi. I skipped past this show for a few reasons. My main reason was that it is Sci-Fi… A genre I think is really hard to do well. I can count the amount of Sci-Fi things I’ve liked on one hand. To make it worse, Sidonia no Kishi is a mecha show, my least favorite genre in anime… However I had a chance to go see the director, so I figured I may as well watch it before going. I was actually really surprised. It captures the right atmosphere almost instantly, something (that I only noticed during the show) space-themed anime are generally really good at. While the protag took a while to become… Someone… I liked the entire cast. It was beautiful visually (with the help of svp) and it’s soundtrack was glorious. It has really good battle scenes for a mech show, and the story is really intriguing. I imagine a lot of people have already seen it, but if you haven’t, it’s worth looking into. Oh, and those 100 sites of Sidonia? Such beautiful little images.

Looking forward to in 2016: MORE DIGIMON! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The first kinda sucked for half of it, but I don’t care. I liked seeing all my digibuds again, and I want to like it even more in future.

3 Likes

It felt like the first half of the year was kinda good but then the second half happened.

Favorite anime: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (Oregairu for short)
I have elaborated on the anime in my previous post and those that follow it, so there’s little to add. I’m looking forward to the third season, which will probably happen in two years at the earliest (if at all). My second-favorite anime series of all time.

Least favorite anime: Owari no Seraph
“I used to be a kid like you, but then I took a vampire to the family. Except I’m still a kid.” Basically, an anime about dumb main characters doing everything wrong but still winning somehow. There was one amazing character in the main cast, namely Hiiragi Shinoa. Unfortunately, the people who made the second season couldn’t immitate her in the least and made her look just as dumb as the rest.

Favorite moment: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku ep 8 club room scene: “I want something genuine”
The emotional climax of the second season and a crucial moment for the main cast. Hikigaya Hachiman took on everything by himself. He did the batmanthing again. He deceived Yukino an Yui and hurt them several times. In the end, he bit off more than he could chew, so he had to ask his club for help after all. Of course, Yui would always forgive him anything. But Yukino had already taken too much damage. She was already giving up on what she thought was a broken relationship and rejected Hachiman’s request. So unexpectedly for Hachiman, an argument broke out. He’s terrified. He didn’t want that. Even if Yukino and Yui end up hating him, he’d never want them to fight. It seems that the breaking point had been reached and right in this moment, the volunteer club would completely fall apart. This is where Hachiman revealed all of his emotions for the first time. He made himself vulnerable and cried. He revealed his most precious, most secret, and ugliest desire. “I want something genuine.”
Normally, this is where everyone would cry, hug, and reconcile, but life ain’t that easy. What brought on this conflict was the fact that the volunteer club members didn’t truly understand each other. And right now, Hachiman’s heartfelt words are incomprehensible for Yukino. She thought Hachiman had already given up on a genuine relationship. That thought was what made her despair so much in the first place. In a way, her world has been turned upside-down at this moment. Does that mean she’s actually the one who had given up before everyone else? It’s too sudden. She can’t understand it. She can’t take it. She runs away, crying.
Hachiman is devastated. Paralyzed. Only Yui, who knows what to do, can wake him up and urge him to action. Notice how he shakes off her hand before they run off to catch up with Yukino on the roof, where they finally come together again (good job, Yui!). The volunteer club is back in action.

Best guy: Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku)
On one hand, he’s the king of loners. An incredibly smart guy who’s a master of thinking outside the box and finding ‘perfect’ solutions for problems. He is Batman, the Dark Knight. On the other hand, he is a broken and hurt high schooler who doesn’t value his own well-being. He would sacrifice himself for others without a second thought. He thinks he can take the pain because he’s used to it. And deep inside, he’s simply afraid. He’s afraid of other people. Therefore, he wants to watch them. He wants to understand them. To know what they think and feel. Because not knowing that terrifies him. His way of thinking is ingenuine, funny and depressing, correct and very wrong at the same time.

Worst guy: Hyakuya, Mikaela (Owari no Seraph).
Never gonna give Yuu up. Never gonna let Yuu down. Never gonna run around and desert Yuu.
I was thinking of putting him into the “worst girl” category because he’s such a whiny little bitch. As a kid, he was awesome. He got really close to outsmarting a vampire noble who was, like, several hundred times older than him. But after the first episode, he became 100% awkward. For two seasons, he never got ANYTHING done, yet he kept complaining about everything and antagonizing everyone. He didn’t come close to solving his own problems. Just going around, not knowing what to do, contradicting himself, being random and whiny.

Best girl: Tomori Nao (Charlotte)
This was a harsh competition between Yukino, Shinoa and Nao. In the end, Nao-Nao prevailed. She’s incredibly smart and good at manipulating people. She can switch personalities depending on the situation. She knows when to be serious and when to have fun. She’s dominant, driven and dependable. Always fun to watch.

Worst girl: Mamiya Sakura (Kyoukai no Rinne)
She’s un-emotional and kind. That’s it. The only main-character-y thing she ever does is having screentime. Overall a pretty boring character. It’s not like never showing any reaction and being unfazed by everything around her is a bad personality trait per se. But Sakura doesn’t have anything else to her.

Best cast: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
Overall an exremely well-developed cast of characters. Only very very few characters who show up regularly are one-sided. Every character has a side he or she doesn’t show others easily. Everyone has their problems and conflicting desires. Even the popular-kids-clique led by Hayama. No, Especially the popular-kids-clique led by Hayama.

Worst cast: Kyoukai no Rinne
Every Character has one trope to them and they carry it from beginning to end. Nobody really develops. Everyone is a running gag. It’s still funny and Rumiko Takahashi is good at making running gags, but two cours of that is definitely too much.

Guilty pleasure: Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
I don’t usually enjoy pure moe, but when I do, it’s Gochiusa. It made me appreciate the option of just sitting back and looking at cute things after a stressfull day.

Biggest disappointment: Digimon Adventure Tri: Saikai
First off, it’s not THAT big a dissappointment. Generally speaking, for me, 2015 was a year of very few (and low) expectations which resulted in very few actual disappointments.
But yeah, this one was no good. If you want to rekindle people’s fond childhood memories, you gotta put in way more effort.

Unexpected favorite: Punch Line
At first, I nearly dropped the show after just the first episode cause it seemed random and stupid. Unexpectedly, there was a huge plot with tons of twists and emotional scenes.

Favorite OP: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo OP - Kuchizuke Diamond by Weaver
Not much to say to this. I listened to this song A LOT through out the year.

Favorite ED: Shigatsu was Kimi no Uso ED 2 - Orange by Seven Oops 7
That feeling when you listen to an ED twice at the beginning of the year and you already know it’s the best ED of the year right away. Anticlimatic, but it can’t be helped. The song emmanates incredible sadness with a tinge of hope, which is very fitting for the second half of the show.
If the second half, airing in 2015, of a show that started airing in 2014 doesn’t count, I’ll go with Oregairu Zoku ep 7 ED - Everyday World - Ballad Arrange- (Yukino Solo ver.) Another ED that’s a perfect fit for its series. The ballad version empowered it even more. Just look at the lyrics!

Favorite Soundtrack: Gakkou Gurashi
What @Takafumi said.

Late to the show: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Isn’t 2015 the perfect year to watch NGE? ^^
I’m definitely impressed. I didn’t expect to dig into an ancient anime and find something that felt so new. For example Ikari Shinji, a genuinely weak protagonist who, despite development and occasionally accomplishing something, does not manage to grow up and cope with how fucked up his world is. Speaking of main characters, isn’t Asuka like the mother of all Tsunderes? She really stood out. She felt real. She was never just a trope. A truly interesting character. And then, there was unexpected Symbolism in the show. I loved it.

Looking forward to in 2016: Rewrite
Yes, looking at the studio in charge, the adaption is bound to be a disappointment. But I still look forward to seeing it animated. I’ll try to keep my expectations as low as possible in order to enjoy it.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is on subject but I will say it anyways xD

Did you know ?
The episode director/storyboarder of the highly acclaimed Little Busters: Refrain episode 11 directed a Yaoi Hentai that had Hikaru Midorikawa as the main lead’s VA.

I hope that this info will haunt you forever :innocent:

2 Likes

Does anyone know why KyoAni’s new show that is on their third episode “Myriad Colors Phantom World” is trending on Twitter o.o Nothing important has happened yet and the third episode was released a day ago…

Animation errors and fanservice reactions probably.

1 Like

Watching Arslan Senki. And I’m thinking about dropping it. I’m on ep. 3. Anyone here that watched it? Was it good?

Ive watched most of it, and Ive found it pretty entertaining. Cant remember at all what it was like back at episode 3. Probably worth watching a little more, since the story hasnt really developed yet, but its not amazing, so if you still dont like it its probably not worth your time.

1 Like

I dropped it in ep. 4… Characters aren’t interesting, neither are their interactions, meh actors, meh animation, plot is too slow. I’ve been dropping a lot of anime recently. I seriously don’t get how people can complete anime they dislike, I hate wasting my time or torturing myself.

Guess I’ll read DanMachi and Grigmar LNs after I’m finished with Toradora volume 5 and if they aren’t good enough, I’ll try their respective animes. DanMachi seems pretty interesting (I’ll go for my classmate’s rec, he likes SAO, so he obviously has good taste).

Meanwhile, I’ll keep on watching Ergo Proxy and Haikyuu, which have been pretty solid so far.

Watching Phantom World
HOHOHO, no plot at all. Whatever. I’m just here for Mai.

On other news, the most recent episode of ERASED just came out, and I was sobbing so badly.

Norn9 is a pretty useless anime. It has those cliche anime archetypes that no one likes. Male Tsundere’s. Boys that think they’re so hot to the point where it’s not even funny anymore. Tsundere girls who don’t help the story. Boring love. No plot development. They’re basically just doing character development which isn’t bad, but it’s not good either.

Orange (manga) is getting an anime, so I’m looking forward to that. Hopefully they play “Mirai” in the anime.

I haven’t done this yet so I will do it now xD

Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
The masterpiece made by Hideaki Anno, a show that dares to explore the darkest parts of the human mentality, the characters are so well written/developed and the story has enough twists to keep you engaged, the animations are decent (with some few amazing moments here and there) except for the last two episodes, BUT HEY THESE TWO LAST EPS ARE FORM OF ART, the directing and shot composition are great, Evangelion handles the “show not tell” moments perfectly anyways I personally think that Neon Genesis Evangelion is one if not the greatest anime ever made.

TL;DR This show is basically Terra from Rewrite with Riki as the main character.

Least Favorite anime: Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata: The show starts decently, promising gags and making fun of stereotypes and having some high quality fanservice while being smart, but guess what? ITS ONLY DONE IN EPISODE 0, the rest of the show is just pure borefest where they make fun of a sterotype and then be a streotype like few seconds after they laugh at it, this show is retarded and I recommend staying away from it

Favorite moment Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 20 + End of Evangelion Shinji literally becoming LCL inside of Unit-01, the reason why this scene is my favorite is that it makes our emo main character into “nothing”, shinji always desired love and attention but he is always afraid of hurting others, he often wishes to just disappear and become nothing, but is that really what he desires? did you ever think about it? do you really want to become nothing ? does loneliness of disappearing and dissolving can be more satisfying than the bittersweet life with others, this moments connects to End of Evangelion when Shinji was given the choice to stop the human instrumentality project, having experienced the true loneliness that he blindly desired for and finally maturing to make the right decision.

Best Guy: Nagisa Kaworu(Neon Genesis Evangelion).
Kaworu is the man who helped Shinji a lot with his growth and finding what he really wants.

as I said before in my “Favorite moment” Shinji’s growth and rejecting loneliness was the result of tasting the peak of loneliness himself, but what made him know and desire the bittersweet life? thats right, Kaworu did.
being the first one that shows pure love to Shinji, Kaworu showed him that life isn’t that bad and that living and suffering with humans is far more better than being lonely there is too much to say about him but this post is getting long xD

Worst Guy: Every generic harem main character
LIKE SERIOUSLY THE P*SSY IS RIGHT FRONT OF YOU, JUST IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE MOISTNESS THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO SAY NO.

Best Girl: Kinoshita Hideyoshi (Baka To Test)
HE IS A GIRL, LEAVE ME ALONE

Worst Girl: Sawamura Eriri (SaeKano)
BITCH YOU ACT TSUNDERE AND START HITTING THE MC WHEN HE AS DONE LITERALLY NOTHING THAT WOULD MAKE YOU MAD/JEALOUS. LIKE WHAT IS THIS SHIT ?

Guilty Pleasure: Highschool DxD
DxD is the actual sequel of Rewrite’s Oppai route

Biggest Disappointment: Charlotte
I was very hyped for this, I thought that “there is no way that they can repeat the same mistake” but I got proved wrong, this show didn’t use it time well, it had some interesting moments here and there but the time management was quite terrible.

Unexpected Favorite: Shimoneta
I thought that it would be like a nice sidefap for but it was more than that, this show is great.

Favorite Opening: Pandora Hearts OP - Parallel Hearts by FictionJuction(composed by Yuki Kajiura)
as a Pandora Hearts, I think that this opening song is perfect

Favorite Ending: Little Busters ED - Alicemagic by Rita
This became my favorite since the first time I listened to it, and its still my favorite till now.

Favorite Soundtrack: Pandora Hearts
This will explain it better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpG_CVpYus
Late to the show: Clannad
Actually this is the first time I watch Clanand ( don’t kill me ;-; ) I’m currently at ep 9 of AfterStory, its pretty interesting and emotionally engaging, also I think that its the best looking Key anime animation-wise.

Looking forward to in 2016: RIRAITO OBU ZA RAIF
Despite all that speculation and worry about studio 8-Bit, I’m actually very excited to watch this anime. I MEAN ITS REWRITE, WE WILL GET TO SEE ANIMATED KOTAROU TROLLING YOSHINO, the interview with Romeo Tanaka and the staff made me relieved, Tanaka said that they are planning on changing few thinks so it would make sense in the anime but it wouldn’t be changed beyond regocnition, and he said that the contents don’t feel lacking at all, if what he is saying is true then Rewrite will be one of if not the best anime of 2016

3 Likes

Finally finished The World God Only Knows. Man that was so much fun! Definitely recommended to anyone who likes galge =P

3 Likes

Boring with this season anime… really…
Be a fan of “love-dovey” anime, I have to go back watching AmagamiSS, Nagi no Asukara… :sleepy:
Anyway I’m back after 3 months :flushed:
And who can teach me how to turn off this message in homepage?

Welcome back! We haven’t seen you in a while. These are the most popular topics since you’ve been away.