Currently Airing Anime

Wasn’t that only like 2 episodes though? To me that just seems like a side effect of what I said not actually the main conflict itself as it fits in the normal girls are now idols how will they act doing idol things conflict I stated.

And my interest just went up. Thanks.

I just couldn’t resist after today’s Overlord episode

5 Likes

We did it peeps! Ranpo Kitan finally had an arc that lives up to it’s style. I’ve got an arc I can finally say is legitimately good! All it took was for them to stumble on an arc about capitalism commodifying and stealing a woman’s body and sexuality! Eps 7 and 8 are good! Yay!

Did anyone else notice how absolutely horrible the art and animation was in the new episode of Gangsta…?

Welp, I just started watching Shimoneta and god it is funny. At first I did not know what to expect, everything I had seen was only images of Anna going “Pink eye mode”. In other words, I thought it would be another boring and generic ecchi romcom. However, I got caught in it. I like the characters and the story is pretty original and really funny. I can’t wait to see where it is headed.

It’s alright, I personally find it more entertaining that funny. Though any scene involving Fuwa makes me laugh, she is definitely best girl :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Eh, Shimoneta is weird in that it wasn’t funny for me for the first 3 episodes, and then had a massive boost in quality after episode 4. But now I feel like the show is becoming stale again.

Yeah I thought they had changed the genre into comedy. I’ve seen worse in other anime but still, that was bad.

It wasn’t even a bad episode overall, but the art and animation directors must have been high or something. It’s a crying shame too because I love noire nightclub styled art so of it was done well it could have been an amazing episode artistically

Meanwhile at Rokka!
Still stuck in the same place with no answer presented. I guess that’s how it is. They seems to show us hint by hint in each episode but now I feel like one episode per week is just not enough. I think this series is worth marathoning, eventually.
And I can’t believe that I grew to like Hans after this episode. He’s a rad bro. Totally broest. While Chamot is just a trigger-happy nasty saint. And my suspicion to Maura is still strong as ever.

Ok, Rokka has finally gotten interesting to me over the past couple of episodes. I think it just took me awhile to really understand and try to enjoy what the show was actually gonna be about.

There are still points where I think wow, this is so dull, but its started to get a good mix of action, mystery, and interest in characters that Im enjoying it about as much as I had hoped from the 1st episode.

Rokka ep. 8: Dude, I love Hans. He and Adlet need to become brohans for life (get it? ahahahahahahahahaha puns). He’s the best.

As for Chamo’s ability, all I can say is: no wonder she has such an acidic personality.

1 Like

Its funny, because after seeing so many traps in anime, I have to constantly remind myself that “Yes, Chamot is actually a girl, not a trap.”
But yeah, as for her ability, well… http://puu.sh/jOK6q/d8796e338f.mp3

2 Likes

I do feel like I have to reply with puns too but dear Demon Lord I can’t come up with anything clever.

So, season started, and it’s pretty much how I expected it to be for now: Lots of “wat?”

Let’s start with the good stuff: Owarimonogatari, One Punch Man, Young Black Jack and Utawarerumono.
No complaints about any of these, Owari ep1 is probably my favorite episode of those 4, even though OPM was really good too, and Owari’s OP… so good, might be my 2nd or 3rd fav Monogatari OP

About Owari, I’m not exactly sure what Ougi’s goal was here, since it was obvious that she was the one who locked Araragi in there, but what does she gain from Araragi dealing with his guilt about Sodachi?
Also I liked how this entire episode was presented (even visually), with how Ougi subtly “threatened” Araragi, and how this entire episode was a solvable mystery including the ‘who’, ‘how’ and ‘why’, which I didn’t realize until Ougi said “I challenge all you readers”, I thought this was just another of Monogatari’s usual subplots^^
If this keeps up it should be on par with the first 3 seasons, don’t disappoint me Nisio Isin and shaft!

OPM was a rewatch since I already saw the niconico version of ep1, so I don’t have a lot to say about it, other than it looks even better in HD (niconico was toaster-quality), Madhouse doing a great job with the animation, I hope it stays this way and doesn’t pull an Overlord towards the end

Young Black Jack looks pretty interesting, but people in 1968 were useless^^
I can’t say much about Utawarerumono’s plot since I don’t know the VN or the prequel-anime, but the setting looks interesting and I think I’ll try marathoning the prequel-anime around tuesday/wednesday

Then there’s all the other stuff, the meh-est being Concrete Revolutio, Heavy Object and Lance n’ Masques, with Concrete Revolutio being by far the weirdest thing I’ve seen this season, it has everything: aliens, magical girls, gods, mechs, superhumans…^^
Not sure what to think of Comet Lucifer yet, its setting looks really cool, but I’m not sure if it counts as fantasy of scifi since it kinda fits into both… we’ll see

And finally the shorts, nothing really outstanding there, but short enough to keep watching them I guess

There’s still a bunch of shows that I wanna watch on the way, including some promising ones, more on that next week or so when I’ve seen them all

I don’t have a lot of picks this season. So far, I’ve watched One Punch Man. It was hilarious, bizarre, and jumpy(??). I haven’t watched anything like this since Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san.

Another is K: Return of the Kings. I didn’t understand what the hell was going on here, so I may have to watch the last season to remember what happened again. I wish it could have explained what was going on instead of infodumping new stuff.

I wasn’t too fond of the fanservice and I don’t remember the first season being blatant about it too, or maybe I had forgotten that as well. The sequences looked like recycles of the previous series which seems kinda lazy to me. I wish they tone down the filters though because it’s kinda distracting, now that I watch it again.

Then there’s Kowabon. It’s short and creepy, and I guess that’s it. If it has, let’s say 5-10 mins of build-up, I think it could be genuinely scary but now it just feels stale and lacking.

This season has a few mystery shows There’s that girl who like human bones and the other one from A-1. Are they any good? Are there any other stuff I should look forward to?

iirc, the first season had a different kind of fanservice. It was more aimed at the fujoshi audience.
Note that between the two seasons, there’s also the movie (K - Missing Kings), where some important, story-relevant stuff happened, too.

2 Likes

[quote=“chesca, post:338, topic:28”]
This season has a few mystery shows There’s that girl who like human bones and the other one from A-1. Are they any good?[/quote]Sakurako-san and The Perfect Insider, both seemed pretty interesting from their first episodes, they’re two of the 8 shows that didn’t make me go “meh”

[quote=“chesca, post:338, topic:28”]Are there any other stuff I should look forward to?[/quote]Owarimonogatari, Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen, Gochiusa season 2, Yuru Yuri s3, Young Black Jack

And to the 7 shows I just named we add One Punch Man (which you’re already watching), and we have all 8 not-meh shows (at least from the ones that I’m watching, I’m not watching K, Noragami, Haikyuu… because I haven’t seen their prequels)

So, what actually aired since my last post… first there was Yuru Yuri which I obviously enjoyed since I already loved the first 2 seasons, and Gochiusa on saturday which is this season’s comfy+relaxing anime

Sakurako-san has great visuals, actually kinda made me think it was by KyoAni, and seemed interesting from ep1 even though that was mostly an introduction to Sakurako’s character
The Perfect Insider was… I don’t even know, it was actually mysterious, and I like its artstyle as well

The not-so-great ones were Garo which was still watchable, but we’ll see, I already dropped its first season; and there was Shomin Sample… kinda amusing but I’m not sure if it’ll manage to keep me interested for a whole season

Last category, the shorts: They’re still being shorts I guess, but special shoutout to JK Meshi which might be one of the crappiest things I’ve ever seen, in fact so crap that I kinda wanna see what it’s even trying to do for a few episodes^^

Still want to watch Hidan no Aria AA and Owari no Seraph s2, but didn’t get to watch them yet

===

About my AotS candidates: I’m 99% sure it’ll be either OPM or Owarimono, both 2nd episodes were pretty much perfect, loved everything about them, so they’ll get the gold and silver medals, but which show gets which medal remains to be seen
The bronze medal is still open, for now I’m expecting Yryr or Gochiusa, but the other 4 good shows are doing their best

1 Like

I knew it wasn’t but it really looks like something they’d put out.

So far it appears to be one of those shows where 1st cour has same level of quality as 2nd. Only one episode has aired but it seemed it would have fit in with S1.

I’m currently leaning between OPM and Lance N’ Masques. I’m also liking A Tale of the Worst One but I can’t understand why people wouldn’t.