Currently Airing Anime

So I’ve been reading the Yamada manga since last week (and am way ahead of the show now), and I really see what you mean after today’s episode, holy crap

1 Like

I haven’t even read the manga. Saving it so that I can enjoy both :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, you can really tell with the episodes starting from the “prevent the fire” episode. They are just blazing through information, and there’s no buildup to the reveals, and everything just feels less fleshed out than in the earlier episodes. That Noa episode should have been 2 episodes. It very barely explained what Noa’s whole deal was, and it was nothing compared to the past witches. There wasn’t even really any drama, because they didn’t give time to fester it.

I still appreciate the show, and I’ll probably enjoy it to it’s end, but aside from the voice acting, it’s clearly not a great adaptation… so I can look forward to the manga too.

Not trying to show disrespect by replying so briefly, but I’ve been lacking time and energy lately.

About Punch Line: Basically, what put me off about the first two episodes was the chaotic presentation and a complete lack of seriousness. It made Punch Line look like the same kind of anime as Ore Twintails. I went into it with zero information and that was the impression I got.

About Digimon Adventures: I think that Etemon was a necessary obstacle, mostly because he was different from the ones that came before and after him. A somewhat diffferent kind of growth was required in order to face him. And when the next obstacle showed up, the kids’ motivation for fighting was a bit different.

1 Like

I was too lazy to read all the comments
Has anyone watched Plastic memories, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan, or Hibike! Euphonium ?
Plastic memories is like the feels on spring 2015. It’s a beautiful sad story. I’m pretty sure the first episode will make you cry.
The disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan is the spin-off from the Haruhi series if anyone enjoyed that. It sets place in an alternative world where Yuki isn’t an alien, but instead, a shy girl who’s trying to confess her feelings To Kyon. (Though this series is moe blob and made by a different animation studio, so bare with it).
Hibike! Euphonium is Kyoto Animations new show (They did the CLANNAD, Kanon 2006, and Air (TV) series). Hibike is for people who like Yuri ship scenes, band concert, and drama. Though just to warn you, you’ll probably hate a girl in the band. My gawsh, 1 whole episode was dedicated because she couldn’t shut her mouth. Stuff about cheating the auditions. Call her “Salt-Chan” causes she has such a salty and bitter personality.

I am currently watching Plastic Memories, albeit heavily delayed. I thought it was a bit clunky at first, and Iwas expecting something like a “one drama story per episode” sort of thing…

But I like how it’s going now~ 8D

True, though I could have lived without the recent episode showing love. I’d like it to focus more on the plot. 2 more episodes… Until… Ya know…

I’m watching Plastic Memories, it’s alright but not as good as it could’ve been with this story concept

I’m also “watching” Yuki-chan and Euphonium, but I’m 5-6eps behind on both of them by now. Right at the start I knew that Yuki-chan was like a what-if scenario set in the alternative timeline from the movie, that was interesting, but it didn’t quite manage to keep me interested, there were better slice of life shows this season

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu ended yesterday, and now I’m debating if I should read the manga or wait for the 2nd season… kinda wanna read the manga

That is the plot, isn’t it?

I meant the overall plot. About Giftia’s and such. I know loved was gonna play a part in it, but still, I found the episode kinda useless.

The romance is the overall plot though. It’s a show about these two people learning to love in a world where they won’t be together for long. The episodic Giftia portions of the series were just to build up the relationship between the two main characters, and introduce the world’s rules. From the start, I think almost everyone watching, knew that this’d be the direction of the show.

The episode is what the show is all about, and always has been about. This means you don’t want it to focus on the overall plot, you want it to focus on the world of the show.

I do understand that, though I think the relationship in this episode wasn’t good. The whole plot was doing a “surprise.” Which, i wish they would have used that as more of a side story than a whole episode.

I’m watching Plastic Memories (behind by one episode now) and I’m enjoying Nagato’s spinoff. Both feel a bit slow, but I think Nagato’s spinoff is executed relatively well. (I’m caught up on all the officially translated manga and am pleased with the story overall.)

I’m a bit bored by Plastic Memories right now, but I still find it enjoyable.

I also checked out Assassination Classroom (which @Skyzzed mentioned). I haven’t seen the last episode yet, but (it doesn’t look like it’s going to resolve anything, which is a bit irritating). Wasn’t aware there was a manga. Debating whether I want to read it…

There’s already a 2nd season for Assassination Classroom announced, but I had already decided to start reading the manga once the first season ends, and now that it’s over I’ll do that within the next few days^^

And I’m unreasonably excited for the finale of Punch Line… didn’t think that was possible when I watched the first episode :smiley:

1 Like

Just finished Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku. While it wasnt amazing, it was really fun, and made me smile. What I liked best about it though was how it put a unique spin on it on what otherwise would have probably been a kinda boring show:

The protagonist is a girl. And it’s not a moeblob, or a CGDGT, or a shoujo. There are boys and girls, and they interact normally, nobody ever freaks out about who likes who. It was honestly just refreshing, because you just dont see that in anime much.

Oh yeah, and all the students who dont matter arent colored in. I laughed a couple times at that XD

3 Likes

I’m kinda annoyed that the last episode was so… boring… from a reviewer’s standpoint. But then I think a bit more and… That last episode just matched every expectation set previously. It kinda gets away with it by being silly.
It did fall short though. That seems to be the fate of Vocaloid anime, huh?

I’d like to read the LNs though. I wonder if lots of fights were skipped over comedically like in the anime, or if they were actually explored.

I was thinking the same thing, because they were pretty much like, “Drama? Pah! We dont need that, even though we set it up.” And then I thought, well, exactly what you said:

That was actually a thing with the original music videos, that started the whole Mikagura Gakuen thing :wink:

And I haven’t finished Mikagura Gakuen yet, but I’m kind of enjoying it. Perverted Eruna brings in all the laughs~ I kinda like how we are seeing some development with Seisa as well, but I don’t know where they’re planning to go with that

2 Likes

I’ll just let you know now: They aren’t planing on going anywhere with it XP

1 Like

I never got around to listening to the music, but it always showed up with Kagepro on Tumblr, and the Mikagura cosplay scene is one of the cutest out there. Yuto was almost my first cosplay, but I went Kido since Mekakucity had just finished airing.

Nah, they are going somewhere, just not the nurse’s office.

2 Likes

B-but ;_; all the foreshadowing on the first episode! I was already 95% sure they’d fit in a nurse office scene sometime down the road ;_;