Currently Airing Anime

What no, both Yumemi and these robots have a defined problem that ain’t no KeyAIDS and it’s different.

Can’t be KeyAIDS. KeyAIDS causes (kanon and clannad spoilers) Astral Projection

2 Likes

Just wondering, is anyone here watching anything with a confirmed total episode account? Normally most or all of the anime I’m watching has it but right now most my stuff is 2 episodes in and only 1 has a total episode count.

I just watched episode two. This whole show was made by an Evangelion fanboy.

• Main character got his job through his father who is highly
    influential with the company and named “Godou” (Not fooling anyone Gendou)
  • Main character sorta doesn’t know what he wants in life, but is really into silver-haired synthetic girl with red eyes
  • Colleague has orange hair and little hair pieces that look like the plugsuit cat-ears
  • Some older dude who doesn’t shave regularly and womanizes all the ladies, but especially their female immediate superior.

Yeah. This is a fact.

Currently watching Ore Monogatari! It’s a really enjoyable romantic comedy, and Goda makes for a hilarious main character but his personality also adds in to the plot development.
However, I have a hard time pairing him with Yamato for now. In episode 2, Sunao pretty much gets the idea; Goda falls for pretty much anyone who will smile at him. He needs a better reason for liking Yamato if I wanna push the two together.

1 Like

Oh, you mean Kill la Kill Season 2?

So I guess now is a good time to talk about all the anime I’m currently watching in detail. This season is definitely a treasure trove for me.

First of all, I’m patiently waiting for Digimon Adventure tri. Pls make me relive my childhood soon!

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? is an ok series, I guess. After watching two episodes, I’m not quite sure if the adaption will turn out well. I kinda don’t like Hestia’s character design in the anime. It’s not exceptionally good, but not really bad, either.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season: I watched the bad movie adaption by deen and I read the route in the VN. The story isn’t what matters to me here. What I like about F/SN is the setting and the nasuverse with all of its systems and concepts of magic. Some characters, too, I guess. Also, since Ufotable is handling it now, we’re definitely in for a treat when it comes to animation. I don’t really appreciate the liberties they took in the second season so far, though…

Gintama° is definitely going to be funny once again. The series never failed to make me laugh. I got bored of the manga after ~500 chapters, but I’ll still gladly watch and enjoy some of them getting animated, along with Sugita’s and KugiRie’s voices.

Kekkai Sensen was somewhat of a surprise to me. The characters and the setting are even more crazy and turbulent than those of Durarara. Definitely entertaining. The second surprise was: Familiar voices. Familiar voices everywhere. As I was watching the first episode, I could literally recognize every character’s voice, so this anime is going to be a mild eargasm to me:
Sunohara/Shinpachi is the main character.
Zoro/Hijikata is his senpai at work.
Kiritsugu is their leader.
Inaban/Sinon is a ‘normal girl’ acquaintance of the mc.
Gaara/Xerxes Break is the crazy villain.
Netero is the weird butler guy.
Rider is the bland coat guy.
Rukako is the female colleague.
Hinata/Nanase is mc’s imouto.
and lastly:
KugiRie is the mysterious twin tails girl

Probably gonna watch Kyoukai no Rinne just for the heck of it, to remember the old Ranma 1/2 days and enjoy the comedy.

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu is nowhere near having a special story or setting. Just SoL with a shy female protagonist. Well, what did you expect from a non-supernatural-alternate-universe-spin-off of a supernatural story? But I like the series for three reasons: 1. The comedy is quite good. 2. I love the character cast. 3. I get to hear Sugita as Kyon, Ono Daisuke as Koizumi and Aya Hirano as Haruhi once again!!! Are you kidding me? For that reason alone, every episode will be like a cristmas present to me!

Owari no Seraph was a recomendation from my brother. So far, it looks like an above average shounen to me. What I especially like about it, however, are the characters. The protagonist’s superiors are real jerks and I like that. I think they are a perfect fit for that headstrong, stubborn, impatient bundle of unguided energy that is the mc (He’s something like the less-annoying version of Eren). I have especially high expectations of Hiiragi. She kinda reminds me of Anzu from Da Capo II.

As I mentioned before, Plastic Memories has a huge inherent potential when it comes to feels and drama. It could turn out really well or really bad. We can’t tell just yet. Let’s see how it plays out.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo is another work of Yoshikawa Miki, whose delinquent characters and comedy I really like. I’m still enjoying the manga and I definitely approve of the VA cast.

*drum roll *
Saving the best for last, I proudly present you my presumably favorite anime of the year. The second season of an anime that made it into my top 5 after just a few episodes:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
THIS. IS. SO. GOOOOOOOOOD!! I’ve been waiting for this for two years and so far, it proved to be worth every second. The characters seem simple and one-dimensional at first, but most prove to be quite complex and multilayered if you take a closer look. As these young people interact, bump heads and let their ideals clash, a magnificent spectacle unfolds before your eyes.
The most outstanding character of them all is the cynical, narcistic but full-of-flaws protagonist with dead-fish-eyes: The king of loners. The master of solving problems. Batman, the dark Knight of the anime world, Hikigaya Hachiman. Absolutely one of the best characters I’ve ever seen.
The dialogues are so witty, deep, interesting and full of either comedy or drama. The comedy is brilliant. The writing is extremely good and you can’t watch the series while shutting off your brain. If you do, you’ll miss all the important stuff and be left confused. On the contrary, a big part of enjoying this series lies in thinking about it, trying to understand what just happened and why certain characters acted the way they did and discovering new amazing facettes of the story and the characters. I myself am actively participating in detailed in-depth analysis and discussions of this series on the forums of a certain anime site.
While the first season was about introducing the characters, bringing them together and making them show their stuff, overall more focused on comedy than drama, the second season will probably be more dramatic, as the relationships of the characters will be put to the test while their dark sides and inner problems come to the surface.
I love just about everything in this masterpiece.

2 Likes

That isn’t out this season, right? It’s a summer anime.

As for the rest, none of the shows you brought up sound like they are worth watching, apart from, in your case, snafu, which I won’t bother with. You basically said none of them are special, and with comparisons like Eren and Durarara, they sound even less attractive.

The last official news is that it’s this season. But by now everyone knows it’s delayed to an unknown date, with some people saying summer just because it’s next season. They’re announcing some more news and a PV on May 6th.

Are you writing a manual on “how to not have fun”? xD

While admittedly, not all anime of this spring season are masterpiece-level, it’s a huge improvement to the nothing-to-watch winter season.

Digimon Adventure tri is in the spring list of AniChart, with no further information to the release date. That’s all I know.

After all this time, I still fail to understand your way of judging things. In this particular case, you actually bothered watching three times as many generic harem shounen series from winter season as I did, which makes it even harder to tell what’s “worth watching” in your eyes.

Oh, Eren was annoying, incredibly so, but I’m not comparing AoT with Owari no Seraph here. In the first place, I didn’t even like AoT all that much…

I tried to at least. Dropped them all, along with most of the winter season.

The show has to either be stand-out, consistently above average, good enough at building characters that it becomes engrossing, or a decent conversation topic between friends.
If it doesn’t do at least one of those things, I’m just wasting time I could be spending elsewhere.

Talk about strict. I usually watch the first episode of whatever catches my attention even slightly. Those that I don’t decide to drop, I put into either the “must watch” or “might watch” category. For example, during winter season, Durarara was on “must watch”, while Shirobako was on “might watch”. The “might watch” is the stuff that I turn to when I’m done with all “must watch” for the moment, and still have time to spare, whenever that might be. I sometimes end up not continuing on some of the stuff in that list.

I’m really lenient when it comes to dropping a show. I’m not looking for innovations (those barely exist anymore) or top-tier works. I watch anything that remotely interests me and where there’s more stuff that I like about it than the stuff that I don’t. In other words, I don’t limit myself to stuff that I consider a meaningful contribution to my life and future. It’s a hobby, after all. I’m completely fine with shows that have nothing to offer to me but comedy. I love to have a good laugh.
And from time to time, the leniency pays out. Forget giving it a second chance, if I were stricter about my selection, I never would have even touched Hennneko and missed out on a lot of enjoyment.

Eh, it’s anime. You can drop a bunch and not miss out on anything. I’d rather be doing something I enjoy than giving 20 minutes up on a potentially mediocre show.
At first, yeah 20 minutes sounds fair. There might be something that surprises you, or something that you really connect with… But you can only be fair for so many years before you stop caring. If it isn’t of a certain standard in a small amount of time, I’m not gonna wait for it. Luckily a lot of shows are comedy-centric, and the comedy in anime is awful, so I can instantly cut out half a season of shows.
Anime might be a hobby to you, but not to me~ It’s as much a task as everything else, and you have to be efficient with tasks.

…so when is your manual going on sale? I’d even consider trying to get an autograph…

Jokes aside, I really wouldn’t want Anime to become just another chore. It would defy the purpose of having fun. But I guess we’ll never see eye to eye on this one ^^’

Tip 1: Don’t watch 12+ episodes of anime a day.
Tip 2: Have other hobbies as well.

It’s all well and good to put a lot into a hobby, but mix it up otherwise it becomes a schedule that you feel the urge to live by. I’m the type of person that struggles to get enthusiastic about something, so when I find a hobby, I milk it for all it’s got until I get bored of it. It happens with entertainment, food, work, almost everything, sooo you’ve gotta be ready to adapt at any moment.

In other news, I watched PlaMemo. I think the first episode would have been better if I didn’t know what I was going into, but it wasn’t bad. I’m hoping it follows the same ideas as things like Kino, Kaiba, Kamimemo… The outside look at a person’s life anime.

I find the lack of Metal Gear disturbing.

1 Like

I mean, we’ve got a topic dedicated to it.

So favorites this season at the halfway mark.

-Shokugeki no Soma is my main suprise so far, I’ve enjoyed it so much more than the premise led me to believe I would. As someone who enjoys cooking I like the depth of detail they put into the dishes like the honey breaking down the meat fat, its inspiring me to try a few of the dishes myself.
-Oregaeiru…more 8-man always a winner in my book.
-Punch Line, I knew with Uchikoshi working on this anime it would be something I would be interested in, and the story has had just enough of a hook to keep me in, as it fills like it’s finally heading towards plot advancement.
-Blade Works, Ufotable continues to do what Ufotable does and make everything better that DEEN screws up, still holding out for some CG dolphins

[quote=“Naoki_Saten, post:188, topic:28”]
First of all, I’m patiently waiting for Digimon Adventure tri. Pls make me relive my childhood soon!
[/quote]Little disapointed with the news that this is just going to be movies…

2 Likes

My favorite so far is definitely Plastic Memories. Absolutely love it! I’m really interested to see how they play out the themes going so far; I think it can end up really well done. Don’t drop the ball!

I’ve also loved that Dungeon one with the long name. I read two of the translated LN’s and enjoyed them, and the anime is farther than those now.

Hachiman is great; this most recent one was good.

Let’s see…you may hate me for this, but Etotame has proven ridiculously cute at times, so I watch it. Though the flashing lights and insanity really makes me question how long i’ll last before breaking. Yamada-kun and Re-something are the same, though i’m really behind on them. I actually read the manga for the former.

Also: “I can’t understand what my husband is saying” is brilliant. I also enjoy the other 3-minute one: Comedic Psycho-something Medicine

Plastic Memories dropped the ball when it turned into a 3rd rate romcom with forced drama. I mean, I’m a huge sucker for exactly that, so I actually like it a lot, but it really had the potential to be so much more.