Community Spotlight: Animenz Key Anime Piano Medley

Here we are with yet another community spotlight! May the 17th sees famed anime pianist Animenz publish a new video to his Youtube channel: a medley combinining AIR's 'Tori no Uta', Kanon's 'Last Regrets' and CLANNAD: After Story's 'Toki wo Kizamu Uta', a medley which he claims

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/community-spotlight-animenz-key-anime-piano-medley/
9 Likes

Animenz is outstanding in every cover he does- this is no different. I’m so moved and amazed every single time. What a masterpiece. Extremely influential and beautiful.

Toki wa Kizamu no Uta is pretty much still my favorite (as impossible as it may be to choose) Maeda piece and this no doubt did it justice. What a finale. :’)

Oh good, I’m not the only one here who’s subbed to him.

Sasuga Animenz. Nothing else even needs to be said.

I never cease to be amazed by his skill and beauty. Sometimes his covers are even better than the originals.

But he got the name of the last song in his medley wrong. He used Nagisa ~ Farewell at the Foot of the Hill (Warm Piano Arrangement) from the -memento- album, not Dango Daikazoku. XP

Animenz is one source of music for pretty much any day that I’m at work and feel like listening to piano pieces.

He does some fantastic arranges, and is pretty fantastic about putting out new content. I don’t think I can ever truly show my appreciation for people such as him who do this type of work for the fans of shows to enjoy.

Keep in mind that Nagisa is an instrumental version of Dango Daikazoku, or Dango Daikazoku is a vocal version of Nagisa, I’m not sure which it is.

Dango Daikazoku is a vocal version of Nagisa.

But the melody he used is only found in the specific arrangement of the song I mentioned.

Fair enough.

I don’t really follow animenz but I quite liked this medley. The transitions were great, and the arrangements fit the medley to a tee. Not something that wowed me, but I definitely appreciated listening to it :slight_smile:

I should probably keep tabs on him now XD

Just beautiful…

Well, He is really awesome especially his recent tour and concerts~
btw if you guys want to interact with him, he is in an anime piano dedicated discord server: https://discord.gg/QrAuUJE
feel free to join~