Community Event: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

It’s been a while since our last community event, huh. Well I’m here to change that now!

What: Kazamatsuri plays “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes”
When: November 7, 2015, 15:00 UTC (that’s 3 pm UTC)
Where: Kazamatsuri Discord Chat ( http://kazamatsuri.org/discord )

Just to give an introduction, what is “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes”? It’s an interactive multiplayer game where one player plays the “bomb defuser” and can control a bomb via the game’s interface, and all the other players play as the “experts”. The goal of the game is for the experts to help the defuser successfully defuse the bomb, with the help of a trusty bomb manual. But here’s the catch: the experts are not allowed to see the bomb, and the defuser is not allowed to see the manual. All communication between two parties are done via voice. Hence, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (although that’s not necessarily how it works lol).

So for those who’d like to join in, there is a bit of an issue: the game costs money. $15 on Steam, to be exact. However, only those who would like to play as bomb defusers have to buy the game, as the manual itself is free, which you can access here: http://bombmanual.com/. I personally have a copy of the game, and I know a bunch of others do or are planning to buy.

For those who’d like to join in, I do have one favor though: take a look at the bomb manual before we start playing. Having had experience playing this game before, I can assure you that it makes things a lot easier when the experts know exactly what to look for while searching the manual… Or we could just wing it, and it’d be equally as fun :wink:

And for those curious as to how it plays from the perspective of the defuser, I uploaded a video of a previous playthrough I made with @HeliosAlpha!

So yeah, hope you can all join in and help us blow up defuse some bombs!

3 Likes

All I had to see was " Keep talking and nobody explodes". I’m game. My only concern is whether or not I’ll be home that day/if I’ll be up at that time (9 am my time), but I’ll shoot to make it.

1 Like

This looks incredibly fun and I’d still love to join…

However, Sunday morning is in general just a shit time for me, because I will never know until the day of whether Im gonna be available. I will show up if I can, but unfortunately you cant count me as a guaranteed yes.

that would be 8am my time and that’s a little too early for me to be yelling at my computer so I don’t know if I can join

I would love to take part in this. Since it’s on Saturday, my availability is tentatively limited, but I will do my best to join you guys. I’ve read a bit of the bomb manual already, and I can tell this is going to be pretty interesting. :stuck_out_tongue:

It should be saturday morning your time tho :o

Whoops ^^;

Well, Saturday mornings in general are gonna be easier, so I guess Im more likely to make it. Im still not 100% sure, but I will make an effort to be there.

Well this thing will go on for a few hours; when me and helios played, we spent a good 4 hours for it XD So even if you guys can’t wake up early, you can catch up no problemo!

I’ll pickup the game and definitely try to attend!

First I have to make it through this Africa trip though.

1 Like

Me and a couple of other people have been playing this game and it is stupid fun. I would like to make it, however; right now my discord is kinda borked.

I may or may not participate and I may or may not study the manual beforehand. Sorry for being so vague, but it depends on many factors, so I can’t make definite statements.

Just a few hours until we start this thing off! I might even be there earlier and we can start playing if anyone else is there early :smiley:

I will be late, but Im pretty sure I’ll be able to make it!

I won’t be able to play unless you guys keep playing for many, many hours :/komue:

I’ll be at work~ Ah well.