Charlotte - Yuu Otosaka Character Discussion

True. Considering that Yu is a VERYSMART” character that’s also a student council, making the parents not worry if they go on a business trip, and knowing that Ayumi can cook.

B-but, in the PV, Nao is the one pushing the wheelchair, and not the one in the wheelchair :wink:

So I think @Ekalina’s theory has some basis for it. I was actually thinking the same thing~

[quote=“Kotarou, post:11, topic:1365”]
Considering that Yu is a VERYSMART” character
[/quote] Wow…I forget about this…that is why he’s so popular among girls :open_mouth:

Actuaaaalllyyyyy~

Yuu has been described as a not actually smart person. He only gets insanely high grades because he uses his powers to cheat :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry about that

NOW I CAN’T IMAGINE WHAT IS YUU SUPERPOWER---- MIND READING?—TELEPORTATION??! whaa—

Do not read…this is might be a spoiler for you guys Ahh it’s make me remembered about Alice Academy story

Oooooh, you don’t know yet? :o Feel free to look at my first post in the Charlotte speculation thread, since I detailed all of their powers that have been revealed so far :wink:

Or don’t look at it if you don’t wanna be spoiled hehehehe

1 Like

I know, but I mean that he’s considered smart to other people because of his grades. I feel bad for Nao though, she’s a very smart student and is considered on the “Same-Level” as Yu in academics.

Nah, he must just be a siscon.

I’ve always thought the wheelchair involved someone in Nao’s life, a segment of her story (a threaten, more specifically the school used to make her work for them).

Some people say their stories must all be related to their powers. But, wouldn’t this make all their conflicts inner conflicts? This is something Key has never done before, as far as I know, but this would be an interesting idea.

1 Like

Wow~ thanks~ :slight_smile:

Sometimes I don’t even know when you’re joking or not anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s exactly what I’m thinking, and that’s exactly what I’m sooooo hyped about~ so much potential for character development and drama, each of which relating with how they are affected by their powers, and even how they help each other go through with it.

1 Like

I am not. But the “siscon” thing can be used for comedic purposes, of course.

Didn’t (Angel Beats/After Story spoilers) Didn’t Angel Beats! have inner conflict ? And CLANNAD for when After story happened and he had to choose which path he would take, as in when meeting Ushio and when the world was gonna reset.

Well then, you’re exactly right. He basically says that he’s sorry, but he doesn’t want a girlfriend right now because he wants to focus on studying. However, inside his mind he’s really thinking: Of course thats a lie! I dont care about studying!

HOLY CRAP GUYS. I just had to hide half the posts in this topic because nobody is using spoiler tags correctly.

ALWAYS PROVIDE CONTEXT FOR YOUR SPOILERS IN BRACKETS. Otherwise nobody will be able to tell if it’s something that will actually spoil them or not.

And never spoiler tag things that aren’t actually spoilers; it’s misleading.

Your posts will be unhidden if you edit them. Please get it right this time <_<

1 Like

Was Yuu always this way, or is this something that happened later? That’s something I’ll be looking for clues on while watching the anime. (I haven’t read too much from the 4-koma; only bits and pieces.)

I agree with this:

There’s a lot of room for development with personalities like that, esp. when he has a younger sibling. (She takes care of him too?)

I look forward to seeing more of Yuu in the anime, considering his power + Nao’s is pretty interesting.

It would be cool to see a dynamic where Nao hides herself from Yuu’s view, then Yuu tries to take over Nao’s mind for however long. Would it succeed? Would it not succeed? How would he react to seeing that she’s been there all along if it did succeed? But then, that’s more suited to general Charlotte speculation rather than a discussion of Yuu himself.

Anyway, I get the feeling we’ll see something tragic happen to his little sister, Ayumi. Will she get taken away? Will a power of her own develop that is detrimental? Will Yuu do something that causes her to get hurt? Maybe she’ll realize that Yuu has been cheating on all his tests… (That wouldn’t really be “tragic” though.)

So rather than looking forward to Yuu’s development specifically, I’m looking forward to seeing how the dynamics of his personality and power affect the relationships of those closest to him.

1 Like

Yu and Nao. Kanade and Yuzuru. Same concept

She definitely seems to be a lot more important than we may have initially thought, and will probably play a part in Yuu’s character development, I think. I don’t quite remember where it was stated, but I think they mentioned that Nao kind-of knows Ayumi and gets along with her? Or something like that

3 Likes

I guess I’ll be the one bumping all the topics now, huh :stuck_out_tongue:

More than anything, episode 1 was a Yuu episode. As such, I have a looooot to talk about in regards to him. I should save some stuff for the podcast, but I thought I’d share something about my analysis.

Yuu is a very unique character. If there is any one word to describe him, it is egotistical. One thing that struck me is how, despite him having easier options, he strives to go for something more difficult.

First example is the entrance exam. He spent soooo much effort tracking down whoever would get the highest grades just so he could copy from them. If he spent as much time actually studying instead, he might have even gotten the same results :stuck_out_tongue:

Next is with Yumi. So many other girls fawn over him, and yet he chooses the school’s madonna. Sure, she’s pretty, but why even bother?

So the way I see it, Yuu treats everything he does as a game to one-up everyone else. He isn’t cheating on exams to pass; he’s cheating specifically so that he can tell himself that he successfully took advantage of those people for his own benefit. And he isn’t chasing after Yumi because he necessarily likes her, it’s because if he does get her, it’ll be a victory that he was able to achieve through his manipulative means.

And that’s why he was so struck when Yumi flat-out rejected him: it wasn’t because he was rejected by a girl he likes; it was because it was a straight-out attack on his ego. His own skill failed him, and that’s what hurts him the most.

He’s a terrible person, that’s for sure; but he’s very interesting, as far as characters go.

5 Likes

Ye ye ye Papa Peeps, you right, I also noticed the effort Yu made to cheat was substantial, I feel like from his words he went to such an extent to do so to truly make his power feel like it has ‘reason’ rather than wasting it on boobs and fights, there’s a few things here and there that suggest he was having trouble giving a shit about things until he started cheating.

1 Like

I think this guy can end up beating Kotarou as my favorite Key protagonist…

nyan~ I know, but he’s sooooooooooooo cool, isn’t he? I’m very interested to see his development through the series, but I still like him the way he is.

I felt for him at that time. He looked like a king who had just been overthrown. I want to see him rejecting more girls… tehehehe