Charlotte - Yusa Nishimori & Misa Kurobane Character Discussion

Or it’s a comet and the genetics is just a red herring :v

Who knooooows~

well, with the comet being in the logo, I sure hope it will have at least some importance, but I think a discussion like that doesnt belong here, but in the general discussion.

Heh. It’s like Joujirou is trying to counterbalance it by treating her like a goddess.

Yo

if Yu used his power on Yusa while she was Misa

He’d be hijacking the body from somebody who was hijacking the body

So if Misa leaves Yusa’s body while Yuu is hijacking… What happens? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing.

Don’t be silly Pepe, a simple personality disorder can’t just leave the body OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

1 Like

That’d be real fun, now wouldn’t it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We all know Yusa’s real power is Pyromancy. Wet Saito just made a mistake.

1 Like

The latest episode somewhat supports your theory about it being because of her sister’s death, but I’d like to propose another theory.

So far, we have not gotten much of an idea of what Yusa thinks about this entire situation. Against her own will, she’s been transferred to a new school and forced to join the student council. She had absolutely no say in this and is pretty much being dragged along for the ride. She doesn’t really have much control over her life really. All these decisions were made without much argument from her. When Misa takes over, she has no control at all and all her actions are taken over by another person, so I think that her ability reflects that part of Yusa.

I don’t think Yusa gained her powers due to Misa dying and wanting to see her again. I think her desire was there from the start: Yusa, being an airheaded imouto who was the opposite of Misa, wanted to become a person like Misa, perhaps subconsciously. In a similar way that Yu was always thinking of others, Yusa was specifically always thinking of Misa. This manifested in that she can now actually become Misa. Maybe if Misa never died, the “conditions” would not have been right and Yusa wouldn’t have developed powers.

Perhaps her lack of character is her character in that she subconsciously uses Misa as a crutch so that she never has to think or worry about dealing with anything. Or maybe she’s just a bad character.

1 Like

I think you are onto something. In the last episode Yusa told us about how she was always right behind Misa. So I think her being like that has to do with her trust for Misa and since she always did protect her and everything.

2 Likes

Except that Misa is an actual person with actual memories; Unless you are saying that she wants to become Misa, which is also another way of interpreting this!

…which @Kaze already said XD

That too? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was trying to not make a deal about that last one, but you had to point it out. Being an airhead doesnt make her a bad character at all, in fact airheads are there to bring a bit of a funny flair into things. People are really too strict with her. Like I always like to say, you have to look at the whole thing first, before you can judge it. Mostly there are resons behind behaviour like that in anime for example, if anybody watches that, in the currently also airing School Life. If you watch the show, you will understand, what I mean, if you dont, check it either out or read up on it, if you are just interested, what I mean.

1 Like

“Bad character” is a bit too general, I guess. That personality has a purpose in the story, so it’s not a “badly-written character”; but it’s just the kind of character trait that I find unappealing. Hence “bad character” here simply means I don’t quite like her :stuck_out_tongue:

well, I understand you and I can accept your opinion on that. I am really liking her so far, but that’s probably just me liking those kinds of girls in anime in general.

1 Like

I was wondering if yusa now knows about misa. The scene in ep8 when they’re arguing about who should go to the concert Yuu says casually ‘Hey why don’t we ask Misa?’. And I had the impression that yusa was still there at this moment.

Indeed, that is kinda weird, as far as we know, Yuusa is not aware of her powers and believe she just fall asleep or lose consciousness whenever Misa takes over. Nao probably told her or something, at least this is what I assume. But it is not confirmed as far as I know.

I think, way back in Episode 3, Yusa was still blind to her own power but… It’s been a really long time since then. I am confident in saying that, at this point in time, Yusa is already aware of her own power and that she can summon Misa when it happens.

Oh yeah, I forgot to post this, but there was a little, non-serious segment, that kind of subtly proved that Misa and Yusa are separate entities:

Sure, it was played for laughs, but Misa is clearly a ghost in that one, and not a multiple personality or anything like that… lol

2 Likes

I like the fact that it gives us an idea of how Misa actually looked. We normally see her through Yusa’s traits, but as a ghost like that it is her and not her sister’s face.

1 Like