Charlotte - Yusa Nishimori & Misa Kurobane Character Discussion

Well I guess since I’m here already, I might as well type it in full; I theorized that, under the assumption that powers come from their personalities or even their desires, Yusa got her power specifically because she was distraught over her dead sister and wanted to see her one more time. Unfortunately, we all know how that ends up, and it would be a bit sad. Even more sad that Yusa (supposedly) doesn’t even realize it happening.

What we saw between Misa and Shou in episode 3 was okay; but seeing that sort of conversation happen between Misa and Yusa (somehow, I have no idea how) would be potential for something amazing along the line.
Of course, before that, we need some backstory on their relationship, and god knows if that’s going to happen at all

1 Like

At this point, if this and the other powers didnt happen like this, Im gonna be pretty surprised. As I said before, it all fits way to well.

1 Like

Using your argument, Shou would also have the same power, because he feels the same way.

Naturally, there are other conditions to obtaining the powers that we still do not know about. Not everybody in the world can receive those powers, as you may have noticed.

1 Like

He might not be able to get a power though. We currently don’t know why some people get them and some don’t as using that theory if anyone could, I’m pretty sure everyone would have had powers in their adolescence.

And this is where I point you toward my post in General Discussion.

Basically, 1) Sho would need to actually “wish”, to actively think about it, to have that power, and 2) Its possibly that Sho just doesnt have the right “attributes” or something? I dont know, that could be part of it…

1 Like

I don’t think he feels exactly the same way, a big part of it is there are emotions mixed into it of him feeling responsible too.

as much as I like that theory with how the powers are obtained, it would make me sad to have it exactly like that. Because that’s exactly how witches in Yamada and the 7 Witches are decided and I’d not like to have the same concept here.

If the kind of power developed is in response to a person’s needs, then the ability to develop a power in the first place is dependent on genetics. It’s a mix of both.

Or it’s a comet and the genetics is just a red herring :v

Who knooooows~

well, with the comet being in the logo, I sure hope it will have at least some importance, but I think a discussion like that doesnt belong here, but in the general discussion.

Heh. It’s like Joujirou is trying to counterbalance it by treating her like a goddess.

Yo

if Yu used his power on Yusa while she was Misa

He’d be hijacking the body from somebody who was hijacking the body

So if Misa leaves Yusa’s body while Yuu is hijacking… What happens? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing.

Don’t be silly Pepe, a simple personality disorder can’t just leave the body OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

1 Like

That’d be real fun, now wouldn’t it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We all know Yusa’s real power is Pyromancy. Wet Saito just made a mistake.

1 Like

The latest episode somewhat supports your theory about it being because of her sister’s death, but I’d like to propose another theory.

So far, we have not gotten much of an idea of what Yusa thinks about this entire situation. Against her own will, she’s been transferred to a new school and forced to join the student council. She had absolutely no say in this and is pretty much being dragged along for the ride. She doesn’t really have much control over her life really. All these decisions were made without much argument from her. When Misa takes over, she has no control at all and all her actions are taken over by another person, so I think that her ability reflects that part of Yusa.

I don’t think Yusa gained her powers due to Misa dying and wanting to see her again. I think her desire was there from the start: Yusa, being an airheaded imouto who was the opposite of Misa, wanted to become a person like Misa, perhaps subconsciously. In a similar way that Yu was always thinking of others, Yusa was specifically always thinking of Misa. This manifested in that she can now actually become Misa. Maybe if Misa never died, the “conditions” would not have been right and Yusa wouldn’t have developed powers.

Perhaps her lack of character is her character in that she subconsciously uses Misa as a crutch so that she never has to think or worry about dealing with anything. Or maybe she’s just a bad character.

1 Like