Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

It’s Aniplex so Daisuki will have it. All I’ve watched there is IdolM@aster so no idea what the general consensus of their subs are but I was fine.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=875670732503201&set=vb.332505390153074&type=2&theater So this came up. This was different from the stream I watched…

If there’s any interesting info it might be worth trying to sub it.

1 Like

the hype is soooooo huge!!!1111
btw…(last minutes of the special)-> Is yuu rejecting a girl on the preview excusing himself with studies??

Holy crap that actual footage clip they showed at the end O_O

I laughed.

Is there any confirmation yet which subgroup (or streaming site) is going to sub this special?

Yeah yeah, I noticed that too. It’s definitely pointing towards questioning one’s self. In my opinion, I think it’s something that is extremely intertwined with Yuu’s own power because, as we all know, he has the ability to experience the world in somebody else’s shoes. Thus it would be something that Yuu would be curious about more than anybody else, I think.

That’s a really interesting observation I gotta say~ While it might seem like a stretch for now, I won’t discount your theory at the moment :wink:

Yup, kneeling guy’s hair looks very very Yuu and even the hair color seems to match. Actually, this is a very crazy theory, but I might as well post it here, regarding the silver-haired person. He has silver hair, he has blue eyes… Nao has silver hair, and Nao has blue eyes. JUST SAYING WINK WINK
But yes, this is a stretch, so don’t think much of it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just thought there was an interesting symbolism to it, because the school is called Hoshi no Umi academy which literally translates to Sea of Stars, so it refers to them being in a “Hosh no Umi”. But I didn’t really think it’s deeper than that, heh.

You know what, I’m not going to argue on this matter anymore. If you wanna think it’s two seasons, then you can go ahead and do that. I honestly am very very neutral about this matter for now :stuck_out_tongue:

@ukulelembo Biiiig thanks for uploading the special broadcast pics on here :smiley: I wasn’t able to keep track of it even though I wanted to and now I feel bad about it x.x Funny that the OP/ED has Engrish… As always, sasuga maeda :v

@Kotarou You know what, I genuinely like your points. Yes, there are consequences to the powers, and all that we’ve seen are “silly” consequences, but there might actually be darker consequences to them.

But I think you need to learn to articulate your thoughts better. Structure your posts better, use more paragraphs to separate your thoughts, and give more concrete descriptions of your thoughts. Right now, your gigantic paragraph looks like a big jumble and it is pretty daunting to read, IMO =/

Once you do, we can start some real good discussion on here, I think.

Thanks everyone for sharing the MBS special broadcast. I need to watch that ASAP @_@

2 Likes

For the special broadcast that we just saw Did that Red haired girl just confess to Yu and he turned her down ? I’m pretty sure I heard “Sorry” from Yu, and the girl was blushing (which could be natural too I guess) I don’t know if that was considered spoiler, but I guess it is for people who didn’t see that broadcast.

Actually. That’s exactly what I was thinking at first. We could go into all the similar features, but when you get right down to it the person looks male. I mean, that doesn’t rule out the possibility of it being Nao, but that requires crossing a bridge that id rather not until we get there.

Also, remember that Yu’s eyes are actually a maroon-ish color, yet his eyes glow green. So glowing blue doesn’t necessarily mean his (or her) eyes are actually blue.

@Kotarou, if you watch the end of the broadcast that Aspi posted, you will find the answer to your question

1 Like

Perhaps, Yuu is described as the ‘rudest’ Key protagonists. Maybe he’s popular among girls, but he also likes to reject them. I would be looking forward to it.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: That would be hilarious ! I guess he’s into stoic girls then right ? Since Nao is the main heroine.

It’s not the red-haired girl, rather some other girl. It actually looks like the girl who may or may not have been almost run over by a truck! However, Yuu has a very different way of rejecting her. One we do not see in most protagonists, let alone by Key

But yes, thanks for spoiler tagging it, since not everyone may have seen the broadcast yet!

I actually just finished watching it. A lot of it was talking about the production, the characters, and the story. Of course I don’t know Japanese well enough, so they might have brought up some things in the dialogue that were important. I guess I won’t know until somebody subs it.

Before anybody asks, no, nobody has claimed any plans to sub it… For the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

However, what I found interesting in the broadcast (which you should pay attention to as well) were the BGMs used to introduce the characters! Will that be the ones they use in the actual anime? If so, I think they’re sounding pretty good :smiley:

I did watch it, but isn’t it in Japanese ?

Yes, but they show actual footage at the very end that I think any anime fan would be able to tell what’s going on :wink:

Yeah I did notice the new BGM and I agree, they do sound pretty good! I honestly hope that they aren’t actually character themes though, because that gets kinda annoying and awkward in anime imo.

We also got to see little extensions of some of the clips that had been shown in previous PVs, which was kinda cool.

Well, I think we can’t rely on that for now, since we might be misunderstanding his dialogue XD Either way, I put my thoughts on that final scene in the new discussion topic: Charlotte - Yuu Otosaka Character Discussion so feel free to continue discussion about Yuu over there :smiley:

Yus, my bad. I’m getting the characters mixed up. I meant the Short brown haired girl

It had. I’m not saying Key has never worked with inner conflicts before, just that not all the character plots and development were built around this, Charlotte is probably going to be the first.

CLANNAD spoiler: Fuko, for example, had to deal with an external problem, her comatose.

Kanon spoiler: Makoto’s plot was about her wanting to see Yuichi again, and turning into a human, but had a shorter lifetime.

AIR spoiler: Misuzu had to deal with a curse.

Little Busters! spoiler: Komari was mentally affected by the death of her brother.

Those are some examples about how there’s always other kind of conflict, that isn’t internal in Key’s works. I dunno about Planetarian, but AB! had Yui’s past, that I don’t think it was an internal thing. This is why I’m saying Charlotte can be the first to explore all the characters’ conflicts inside themselves.

Idunno how I’d feel about that. Inner conflict isn’t as much engaging.

I actually agree with @Pepe. It offers much more chances of development and insight for the characters. External conflicts are sometimes too random and you don’t get to know the characters as much as in this type.

And also, with their conflicts being related to their powers, it shows us the setting and powers aren’t useless and “something just there to make it cooler”; rather, they would have a special role in the story of Charlotte.

1 Like

I haven’t thought about this too much, but I think internal conflict generally leads to more understandable and in-depth character development, while external conflict doesn’t deal too much with the characters and progresses the plot with a faster pace (I could be totally wrong about this but that’s where brainstorming lead me^^)

That said, a mix between the two isn’t impossible, like an external conflict with the death or the appearance of a character leading to inner conflict for another character… I hope you get what I mean^^

Anyways, I’d want more inner conflict because I do enjoy me a good character-driven story, and if Charlotte does that I’ll be happy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The new, dark poster does seem to imply some sort of external conflict, at the very least :wink: But I still expect that a big chunk of it would be internal conflict