Charlotte Main Voice Cast Revealed!

UPDATE: The voice cast has been officially unveiled!

The voices of the main cast are as follows.

Nao Tomori: Ayane Sakura
Yuu Otosaka: Kouki Uchiyama
Joujirou Takajou: Takahiro Mizushima
Yusa / Misa Nishimori: Maaya Uchida
Ayumi Otosaka: Momo Asakura

Ayana Sakura is notable for her roles as Anzi Kiriyama in Kokoro

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/charlotte-voice-cast-tease/
4 Likes

Ahead of the formal announcement of the lead cast’s Voice Actors on the 28th of the this month, the Charlotte website has put up voice previews for its six main characters up on the official website, challenging us to figure out their identities ahead of time!

So, let’s try it out!

The samples are here: http://charlotte-anime.jp/special/cast_voice/

Let’s see if with our powers combined as Kazamatsuri, we can solve the mystery!

I am so caught in this, because I know I have heard all of them recently, but I dont know where, so it’s just making me listen to them over and over again.

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard some of those at one point, but I really have no clue.
My guess would be some characters from Yamada…but I really have no guarantee for that.

Ok, I’ve got this:

Yu is Uchiyama Kouki
Nao is Ayane Sakura

Will add my other guesses when I have more time, gotta run atm.

Nao’s voice makes me think Sakura Ayane…

yep, that’s my guess for Nao too. And I am damn mad, since I hear that voice more than once everyday.

I think Jojirou’s voice is Takahiro Mizushima. He is Takamatsu officially xD

Japanese fans generally agreed with each other on the main four’s names.
Kouki Uchiyama
Sakura Ayane
Takahiro Mizushima
Maaya Uchida

The imouto is either Yuri Yamaoka or Inori Minase and Misa is Sachi Kokuryu(?).

Maaya Uchida will be probably wrong considering fact that Yusa was stated to be voiced by voice acting debuting singer.

As I said. She will even have Gravure Interview in next G’s magazine.

To be completely honest, I have no idea who voices who as I really don’t keep track of voice actors and actresses, so I won’t even try to guess.

Instead, let’s talk about how they sound!
Yuu, as expected, sounds all smug and and rebellious, which is perfect.
Nao sounds like a pretty subdued Yuri. She has that nasal-y sound in her voice, but with a tone of authority to it. I can expect it sounding even better when she starts shouting or fawning over ZHIEND, heh
Joujirou has an ikemen voice wat. He’s supposed to be the butt-monkeeeey. Well good enough, I guess
Yusa sounds so moe. Nothing new here.
Misa on the other hand, hmmm… That was unexpected. Looks like we got a badass on our hands
Ayumi is preeeeetty genki. Omuraisu desuuuu~

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the cast :smiley:

2 Likes

Misa is actually exactly as I expected her. Just like a wanted her to be. Was hoping for someone else for Yusa, though Maaya Uchida is a really good VA and singer.

I really don’t think that it would be her. It was stated that she will be voiced by singer that is debuting in voice acting. Which is definitely not Uchida’s case.

Wow, I absolutely has no idea who voices who. But I do love their voices.
(Misa’s voice was much more “manly” than I thought tho)

Well, she is onee-san after all.

I’m just glad either Matsuoka Yoshitsugu isn’t here or he’s changed his voice. It’s really annoying how often he shows up as the lead and sounds pretty much the exact same.

After some issues with mozilla, I finally managed to play the voices in IE… lol.
Anyways Im the same with @Pepe I dont keep track of voice actors and actresses so Ill just say my opinions on how they sound to me.
I like every single one except Yuu. (its not like I hate it, its just that I imagined it differently) I dont know but I thought he would sound more young? Or soft… I dont know lol. To me he just sounds pissed all the time. (I know its a teaser lets hope it will turn out well)
I thought he would be more … Tomoya like? Guess Im the only one weird here…

Yeah, I agree with you, Yuu’s voice is different from what I imagined, but it’s still decent. All the rest of the cast have voices that fit them better imo.

And, yes, he was supposed to be Tomoya-like, because he’s very rude.

1 Like

Was Tomoya rude? I always thought he was a pretty normal student. Kind but lazy and slightly disrespectful to those who think less of him.
Yuu however sounds like the type to look down on others until they prove themselves worthy of common decency.