Charlotte - General Discussion

I’m assuming one is Yusa in idol-mode, and the other is Silhouette-chan 2.

Looks like I’m gonna have to go and get the next G’s Magazine then

The song lists and release dates for the bigger How-Low-Hello and ZHIEND CDs are up on the official website. There are 15 songs for HLH and 12 for ZHIEND. Interesting things to note, HLH also has its own version of ending and opening on it and one of the ZHIEND tracks has a japanese name. Release dates are HLH: September 30 and ZHIEND October 14

1 Like

Ayane Sakura said she was cry when finished Charlotte script, and Uchiyama said he never thought that the story can become so after 6th episode.

5 Likes

I got the 12 for ZHIEND, but where are you getting the 15 for HLH, I count 12 for it too?

I probably just fucked up the counting in excitement.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I have to correct myself. The guy in the middle doesnt have a cane… its just part of the railing coincidentally lining up with the shadow of itself… So I guess I was way off lol…

Ok, looks like I have to correct myself for a 3rd time: HE DOES HAVE A CANE! The shadow on the floor proves it. I feel like this is actually all gonna be pretty meaningless, but I still feel so stupid for keep going back and forth like this.

After having watched that part of the opening now a billion times though, I do think I now know who it is. Let me give you a hint: in the very next shot after the one of the five of them, his eyes light up blue. I think at least @Pepe knows who Im referring to. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-31/charlotte-tv-anime-making-of-video-shows-production/.91122
Don’t know if this has been posted but it’s the making of charlotte video.

I still love how Charlotte continuously references and undercuts previous Key works. At this point I don’t even know if they’re all intentional or if I’m just reading too deeply into it, but who cares. Yuu’s “iya iya iya” was great :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, the “iya iya iya” I did notice! Although, to be honest, some people over in Japan say that pretty often :stuck_out_tongue: But there are so much more references that it’s already worth pointing them out

I think Charlotte’s theme is now clear. It’s probably about siblings.

Really, think about it. Every main character has a sibling that is somehow “special” in the story. Nao has that brother who is in a terrible state, Yuu has that person who is probably his brother but he can’t remember, Yusa has Misa who died… Joujirou… We haven’t seen yet, but he probably has one as well.

I had this idea after watching episode 5. The way Yusa talks about her sister, the way Nao talks about ZHIEND, the dream Yuu had… I could be wrong, but I think it all fits perfectly.

All of Key’s works have had siblings, and all of them use them and their relationships as part of the drama and character development of the stories. Just because three out of the four main characters have siblings doesnt mean that the overall theme is siblings. Hell, thats probably a better representation of the percentage of people who have siblings than most anime present.

Most siblings who are close have a special bond (its actually a genetic/psychological thing, but thats irrelevant), so it natural that they would talk so fondly of them.

I’m just saying, just because it exists in the show doesnt make it its theme. You dont see anyone saying that Charlotte’s theme is “using special powers is dangerous” even though that would be the most obvious one on the surface. I say that in jest, of course, but I hope you get what Im trying to say.

Im not denying that the theme could be “siblings”, Im just saying I dont think we can say it is “clear”, nor do I think that thats what it actually is. We should probably wait for the whole other half of the show first anyways.

3 Likes

You have to keep in mind that countries like Japan have low birth rates, so most people don’t have siblings there.

Low birth rates are usually due to people not having kids at all; those who do decide to have kids often get more than one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think it’s also possible that this power is somehow related to the bonds between siblings. For example, Nao awakened her ability after she had seen her brother’s pitiful states on the hands of the scientists. Misa’s death is also probably the one that triggered Yusa’s power… And Yuu’s is maybe ‘that guy’ in his dream.

If that’s the case, I wonder if it’s possible to enhance this power by experiencing another trauma that’s sibling related. You know, something like Naruto’s uchiha clan’s mangekyou sharingan?

1 Like

PV for ep 6 was out! Dark side comming!

2 Likes

Some speculation on the identities of the group of five from the opening…
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL8kPDVUEAABhtv.jpg:large

What if one of those 5 guys turns out to be Yuu. Episode 6 spoilers, kinda: I mean, it kinda would make sense, since he probably lost Ayumi now, that his memories of the guy come back completly somehow and therefore he remembers exactly who that guy is and might just join his group because of that, maybe even in a different body, maybe even if the one of Nao’s brother somehow. We dont really know how what his power really is, so those are all speculations now.

Overall my thoughts on this right now. Let’s see where they will go with all that has happened.

Thats pretty much what I had been thinking, except for Nao’s brother. Itd be nice if we finally see them in episode 7.

[quote=“EndOfRefrain, post:125, topic:1313”]
We dont really know how what his power really is, so those are all speculations now.
[/quote]The speculation is that we dont know what Yuu’s power really is. We havent been given any evidence against his power being what he thinks it is. We’ve only seen little clues that might possibly point to it being something different… maybe.

yeah, I worded that a bit poorly, I guess, but I think it was good enough to get my point across.