Charlotte - General Discussion

She is using Charlotte wikia in Charlotte???

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s just the Charlotte worldā€™s version of wikipedia. The idol girl is quite famous there, after all.

Also since Iā€™ve just got here now I guess Iā€™ll share some of my personal opinions. I thought this anime was really great, up to the point where imouto-san became pizza sauce. It was just a painfully rushed train wreck from there on.

The anime had a lot of potentialā€¦ sometimes I like to think that they were making a 24 episode anime, but midway through production they were told to shorten it to just 12 episodes. That way it wasnā€™t Maedaā€™s fault! Wishful thinking, I guess.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s the kind of show youā€™ll enjoy upon rewatch. I remember being overly criticizing towards each episode that I forgot to simply enjoy it. Only when I started watching it again with my cousin (who was more enthusiastic about it than me) made me realize what an amusing oddball it was. I guess we got a bit of everything-- superpowers, romance, idols, time-travel, omurice with a lot of WTF moments.

2 Likes

Haha, thatā€™s a good point. I did enjoy it for what it is, the slice of life episodes were pretty darn good. They also had the trademark key humor that we love so much.

I just thought it was very underwhelming for a key work, considering all the hype I had for it. But maybe Iā€™m wrong, I really should rewatch it someday.

1 Like

I think you are not the only one feeling [quote=ā€œEivver, post:377, topic:1313ā€]
I just thought it was very underwhelming for a key work
[/quote]

I asked my friend to watch Clannad, Angel Beats, and Charlotte. They told me later that Charlotte was relatively not so good compared to the other two. I still enjoyed it quite a lot though. But then I would have given it a perfect score if the story remained at a constant pace instead of rushing it after Ayumi getting rekt by her own powers

This is exactly the problem with these 12/13 episode series. Air and Angel Beats suffered the same fate.

2 Likes

Agreed. Rewrite was similar as well so I know what you mean

A post was merged into an existing topic: Charlotte Screencaps & GIFs