Charlotte - Episode 9 "The World is Not in Here"

I noticed that too, because he used the time leap ability does that mean he’ll never be able to use it again due to the fact that he can’t see light anymore? So it was like a one time use? If so how did he know he had it…

He used it before. Probably used it too much like Sala did.

1 Like

Overdid it in what way though? As in exessivley or like @Doublethree1 said, like he just went too far back. Rhetorical question mind you lol

They don’t have to be gone. Off the top of my head (Clanand)Post grad I wasn’t really expecting anymore appearances from anyone besides Nagisa but there’s the New Years Party, Kyou as Ushio’s teacher and Fuko waking up. and Little Busters After Riki/Rin runaway and everything is reverted to before they met Kyousuke the rest of the heroine still appear once they’re back in the real world. I’m not expecting them to do anything important though.

My point was more he couldn’t go past 5 years ago (random number means nothing) as in he’d be stopped and the power wouldn’t take him further. How you thought I meant it still works. His weakness is probably needing light though.

Edit: I thought this was in a different thread so forgot about it but just a question for @Pepe about the alt timelines theory (which I do agree with) Wouldn’t Nao and her brother have been caught? Unless creating this alt timeline somehow they were caught instead of Ayumi and Yuu (which I guess would get Shun wanting to help them as it was his fault they were captured).

I thought you meant if he went too far back he loses his vision but yeah I get what you mean, still I think the use of a strong power like Shane’s has something to do with it

…well I didn’t think about it like that.
Even so, considering he was quite the asshole in episode 07 I’m not sure the execution completely works here.

… I wasn’t arguing whether or not it was a fact takafumipls

See, that is a problem. His brother is the one with the timeleap power and, naturally, the brother should remember things after leaping. Yuu shouldn’t be able to do so. So yes, the others may have been told, or very elaborately convinced, at the least.

Unless the timeleap power works differently from how I think it does.

OOOOOOOHHH how did I not realize this
(but yuu can still steal his power probably)

Nao and her brother are an independent factor. They might have been caught together with the Otosaka siblings, or they might not have been. The only line of dependence is the opening of Hoshi no Umi, which needed Shunsuke to timeleap

That archery guy in Episode 2 was a pretty big asshole, too…

Just seemed pointless to state.

But there are a myriad of reasons for why Yuu could possibly remember. It may be the sibling relationship. Yuu may have taken the power too at some point. Maybe he was faced with Deja Vu too strong to keep back his memories. Maybe, since the time leap ability relies on light, anything caught within his vision at the moment of the leap has it’s memories sent back as well. Maybe the Yuu from the prisony place timeleaped back to the Yuu at the concert.
There’s a lot of possibilities.

2 Likes

That would be a good plot device if he had to give up his vision too as a primarily narcissistic character

YEP, that’d be the point, since Shunsuke can’t use it anymore he needs to use Yuu for his plans.

I hope his plan fails because I’m an edgy emo dickhead.

1 Like

I do have to make an opening statement so people are on the same page when reading the rest of my post :stuck_out_tongue:

And that’s why I wanted to open discussion on it; There may be a lot of possibilities, but whatever the cause may be, I expect it to play some part in the story. For instance

Is one theory that I find unlikely, but

Is something extremely interesting, should it be true.

So did everyone lose their memory after the time leap of was it just specifically Yuu and his sister?

I think only a small group remember what happened, it could just be limited to Kumagami and Yuu’s brother

I think that could be an overall downside to their power’s. What if not only shunsuke can’t use his power without light reaching his eyes but everyone can’t use them if you block the light 100%. I think some people used them, like ayumi, with closed eyes but I don’t know if that’s really enough to block 100%. Like when you look into the sun and close your eyes but still see red through your eyelids. And she didn’t have her eyes closed all the time anyway.

It’s only a theory because we have two blind people now. So if you overuse your power, your eyes can’t take it anymore and you become blind.

But I don’t know where’s the point when a power is overused. For example Nao used it all the time in ep7 for day’s or even week’s and is still fine.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. I get the same feeling as I did about Ayumi.

I’m honestly just seeing them as entertaining supporting characters at this point. Even if they attempted to add them back in for the climax they really never left enough of a mark on me to care. I’d feel no different if sky high saito joined them.

It’s a shame, because I feel like Joujirou has so much untapped potential.

3 Likes

They should have focussed on more of a best friend approach towards Yuu to add more attachment to him as a character, instead they just made him a punch line…

2 Likes

Still just wish this was a visual novel. Reading Angel Beats: 1st Beat and being relatively unimpressed with Charlotte has more or less confirmed to me one of two things:

1. Key/Maeda is objectively better at creating visual novels.

or

1. This type of anime is just not for me.

As I have less time to devote to entertainment, I find myself more and more frustrated when something doesn’t either stimulate me intellectually, provide an atmosphere of social growth, or make me feel fully invested. Key visual novels do the first and third consistently, but neither Angel Beats (anime) nor Charlotte have managed to accomplish any of those objectives for me.

Cynicism aside, I’m still enjoying watching it. I just have not developed any desire to own it nor do I feel I will ever want to re-watch it nor would I even heartily recommend it to a friend.