Charlotte - Episode 2 "Melody of Despair"

She was in the backstory right at the start telling Nao she’d make a great doctor then again basically forcing them the go to the “boarding school”.

Well we know barely anything about either of their parents. It’s a possibility that they are related, and even with the things that @Doublethree1 mentions, that doesn’t take into account that their parents could be two-timing bastards :stuck_out_tongue:

So for now, it’s impossible to determine, I’d say

There’s even a chance only 1 mother and 1 father exist with then having Nao’s brother, Nao and Yuu are twins then Ayumi (making Nao’s brother that guy in Yuu’s dream) then they separated and split the kids and half with Yuu ending up with the father and Nao ending up with the mother and Yuu hates his dad because he tore apart their family and he’s so close to Ayumi because she’s all he has left.
While it’s possible I’m not sure why I just can’t see it happening.

I feel like nobody is talking about how Nao is the first Key heroine to have a brother/sibling.

What?

Tomoyo. Rin. Yurippe. It really isn’t uncommon as far as I’m aware?

2 Likes

Stop guys, my head exploded with your guys hyped emotion 8-}

1 Like

she’s not though?
Shiori (Kanon), Kano (Air), Minagi (Air), Kyou/Ryou (Clannad), Fuko (Clannad), Tomoyo (Clannad), Yukine (Clannad), Rin (Little Busters), Komari (Little Busters) Haruka/Kanata (Little Busters), Yuri (Angel Beats!), Shizuru (Rewrite).

Everything except planetarian (and I don’t know about Harmonia) has a heroine with a sibling.

I’m talking about the MAIN heroine. And, I don’t really like to consider Rin as the main character. I know she is, but people rather represent Little Busters with Komari

In that case I believe the reason people aren’t talking about it is because people having your viewpoint haven’t spoken about it. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

Komari has a brother though. I know people use Komari to represent LB more often but Rin from the writers perspective is the main heroine so when saying something like “First main heroine to ____” you’d have to consider it from writers point of view.

This topic is now unpinned. It will no longer appear at the top of its category.

Good job on 100 posts guys! See you in episode 3 discussion.

Ok so all the problems with this post.

You might not consider Rin main, but everyone else does.

Tomoyo’s name is literally on one of the games, that’s pretty main.

It’s really weird to make a distinction between main/secondary for this really unimportant fact.

6 Likes

Good for you. Have a nice day. Watch episode 3.

Damn it key, you did it again. :frowning:

2 Likes

Episode 2 starts out with a similar formula to Episode 1, namely with Yuu traveling around with Nao to tell people to ‘shut up about and stop using your powers’. There are some enjoyable moments to be had in this episode, such as an entertaining demonstration of Joujirou’s half-baked teleportation ability, but like the first episode, my enjoyment of this episode is on and off.

The second half of this episode is more like Episode 5 of Angel Beats in that we hear about the lead girl’s backstory. Much like that episode, it does a decent job of explaining why Nao is so cold and serious all the time, and she actually has some enjoyable moments, too! Under the context of later episodes, it also partially explains her relationship with Shunsuke as well as some foreshadowing as to why everyone is a mutant. While this does lighten up my image of Nao a bit, it doesn’t really help with her current standing when it comes to my favorite characters in this show. (An interesting little thing I noted is that she rebukes Yuu for empathizing with her, which reminds me of when (Rewrite - Akane Spoilers) Akane rebuked Koutarou for choosing her over everyone else in her route, which I found to be a pretty nice meta joke. XD )

I would also like to briefly mention the ending theme, Yake Ochinai Tsubasa, which is a pretty nice piece. I kind of want to hear the full thing, wherever it is. :3

Overall, I’d say this episode is an improvement over the first one, although I probably would not have sat through it if I knew things would get better. On to Episode 6! :slight_smile:

Wait what?

1 Like

Episodes 3, 4 and 5 were all filler and pointless in the scheme of things, clearly. Stupid creators adding all this pointless stuff, man. Where the feels at.

1 Like

But episode 3 introduced Misa and Yusa. And the ending of the episode was sad if you realized the situation that the guy was put in.

I think you need to install a new sarcasm detector

3 Likes

Awesome episode, had a beautiful weaving of comedy and sadness throughout. The pacing was quick, but it felt like it flowed well and allowed for some good laughs and plot development with Nao’s brother. The archery plot was great for showing the teamwork that goes into stopping the abuse of powers, and showing how the student council operates.

I’m curious about the “trusted one” Nao keeps mentioning, and how he relates to the story. Also interested what powers Ayumi may have; they alluded to the possibility of her having some when they mentioned that normally both siblings have powers (something star related?).

On a side note, I’m finding the idea of this series quite similar to the X-men movie Logan that just came out.
(Logan spoilers) Logan has testing on child mutants by a government force in order to build super-soldiers for war purposes, similar to why Nao’s brother was tested on. The school Yuu is attending is similar to the idea of Eden in Logan: gather up all the mutants to build a safe haven for them. There’s even a guy like Caliban who can detect the presence of other mutants! :shock:

1 Like