Charlotte - Episode 12 "Promise"

I’d like to remind everyone of the golden rule of Kazamatsuri as outlined in our FAQ.

The Golden Rule of Kazamatsuri.org is to respect your fellow members. Keep in mind that behind every username is a real human being, and while you may not agree with them sometimes, it’s important that you maintain a respectful attitude. Criticize ideas, not people.

If people can’t follow as simple a rule as that, then they’ll be punished. Flaunting your opinion as objective and disregarding contrary opinions, especially to the point of attacking others who have them is blatantly disrespectful. Please keep our guidelines in mind at all times while using our forums.

2 Likes

Every OP Key composes always has a hint. It is not surprised. Not just Key but any other company too. But with Key only when you watch, play, feel then you can acknowledge about lyrics.

By the way guys.

Nice relationship you have with Ayumi there Yuu.

Just leave without saying anything to her.

Good job Maeda.

You god damn hack.

4 Likes

That’s actually a good point lol. Where the hell was his goodbye to Ayumi? Did it happen off-screen?

She’d never approve or understand anyways. NaoNao can take care of her.

He ain’t on a plane yet. For all we know, they will only show that in the next episode. The only thing we saw was him packing his stuff from their apartment.

Ayumi was still in the facility, not the dorm. They’ll most likely dedicate a spot for his departure where he see’s her and takes the rest of that crew’s powers.

Maybe he was goodbye everyone at the facility already.

I have to say, I agree forced is a bad word. That was just a really weird scene for me… I know I was already kinda upset with how their discussion had been going up until that point, so thats probably at least part of it. But while it was happening, on one hand I was thinking, wow, this is kinda refreshing; but on the other, I was thinking, something about this really just doesnt seem right…

Maybe it has to do with how much I had been hoping the whole series that there wasnt a romance between them, I dont know. They just seem so much better as friends, and I definitely wasnt getting a RikixRin vibe…

Honestly guys, I do not hate this show. Nothing about it has ever made me say “Im done. Cant even stand watching this, its so terrible.” I have never given an episode below of 3. I gave this episode a 4. Ive been rooting for this show the entire time. Its just that I havent been satisfied in the way I wanted. If I had gone into this series without all the hype I had from the PVs, I probably would have enjoyed it even more.

And btw, @Aspirety, I have actually been thinking about what I gained from Charlotte. My main problem is, as of right now, I still dont see the message. While we now, after 12 episodes, finally have a goal, I still cant find the theme. Now obviously, rewatching the whole series and then the final episode will probably help with that. And as I’ve been saying in every single topic, I truly believe that when I rewatch this, if I do so openly, I could change my mind, maybe even drastically. It has happened before.

1 Like

I feel sorry for Joujirou…I ship JoujirouxMisa…
About Misa and her parents…This show teaches us to appreciate our parents more.

Way to go Yuu! I love how he did his ‘kokuhaku’ to Nao. This is the rarest case for Key MC. Usually every Key MC didn’t have any problems related with love matter or their Kokuhaku…

Can I make another theory? What if Nao love Shunsuke more than Yuu…I know Nao will take Yuu’s confession seriously after he done with ‘Save the world’ stuff.

But…

Nao live at japan…together with shunsuke-niichan…then when Yuu come back at Japan…

“Sorry Yuu I love your brother more”

Sure he will be a monsters…and OF COURSE cannot come back to his human form.

I’m sorry I’m on Shipper Extraordinaire mode right now…so no one can stop me

P.S.: I’m sorry if this is look like I’m joking or something.But I enjoy Charlotte pretty much…I know the feeling feels different with LB and CLANNAD the most fav Key series…but I know every Charlotte staff must be trying their best to make this show. They trying to make something new. If you think Charlotte is a bad show how if we look from another viewpoint…like I hate the character…but the music wasn’t bad, I love their characters design,or anything else…

nooffenseplease I’mtryingtobepositiveminded

2 Likes

Plot twist lol

1 Like

It’s kokuhaku written as 告白 http://jisho.org/search/kokuhaku

1 Like

ahh I see thank you @HeliosAlpha :smiley: gonna edit it

Nao thought the same way! That’s why she was all “Huh?”

Well, we’ll see how genuine it ends up by next episode :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @Takafumi. Newsflash: your opinion isn’t objective. Stop acting like your word is gospel and discrediting the opinions of others. It’s disrespectful and offensive.

See, I actually was drawn to the forum here because of my frustrations with Charlotte (I’m terrible with forums because I always forget about them), and I always appreciated people like @Takafumi for their comprehensive responses to others and well-conceived answers.

I watched the first half of the series on my own without checking Kazamatsuri.org (mostly because I forgot) and having felt kind of let down. After such a long time of that, I wanted to see what the crew here thought, whether I was missing something awesome or if it really lacked as much as I had thought it did. People in these threads have given really good responses and I feel as though I’ve gained insight into what to look for when being critical.

If anything, and I hate to say this, but the things that have now begun to turn me off from the forum have not been the arguments about what is good or bad, but the arguments about whether or not people are allowed to be negative…

And since this is a thread about episode 12:
As I believe I’ve said before, every week I look forward to Charlotte because I want to like it, and I have thus liked it enough to watch each week (I think I have it placed as a 7/10? Maybe a 6. Either way, they’re both positive scores), but to say only the positive side would be hiding my real feelings about it, which are disappointment. I could talk more about that, but I’d just be repeating what everyone else has said better than I can (like @Takafumi and @Yerian).

EDIT: Changed “left down” to “let down” because I don’t know if the former is actually a phrase people use; also fixed another typo, lol

1 Like

Taka has, generally, given pretty good responses as to why he thinks things are bad. He at least doesn’t say it’s bad without thoroughly explaining it.

But when he says stuff like:

That’s just rude, yeah…

1 Like

Fair, I guess.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sweet episode. I loved the confession scene, I was just going “oh my god I love this” the whole time. A lot more things got closure than I’d thought. Although IMO I’d have been perfect if Yuu ended up channeling Pooh’s spirit and they’d bro it up and go after ability users together. Would’ve lessened the impact of his death for sure, but I’d have thought it cleverly set up.

I wonder if the last episode will just be from the perspective of the characters left behind as they hear from the monster going around looting abilities around the world through some kind of channel. Forever continuing, never having a finish line in sight. Until eventually… he’s done. He got them all. Somehow with only one episode left that’s the only thing I could think of for how the last episode plays out. I’d love to see something different and interesting though.

2 Likes

I guess I’d probably stay silent because I can only say bad things about this episode, and apparently it’s not okay. Having opinion is a bad thing…
And my points were already said by others anyway.

(I don’t believe that there’s such thing as “objectively good/bad writing” anyway, so arguments just won’t work)

Just to make sure there’s no misunderstanding, I’m not trying to eliminate any criticisms for the show, I just want the conversation to be more constructive. If everybody else has said what you want to say and you have nothing else to add, then just keeping it to yourself is probably the right idea. It’s not so much about being positive or negative as it is about keeping the discussion constructive and respectful.

5 Likes