Charlotte - Episode 11 "Charlotte"

I liked this episode, although I’m sad about Kumagami.

I don’t have a problem with the way they explained the powers or how these new enemies came out of nowhere, but I am bothered that Shunsuke is more of a main character than Yusa and Takajou.

1 Like

The early part was good. Kinda started to whimper after Yuu broke character.
I feel like, if the basics of this story were put in the right hands, we could have something amazing. It’s annoying that it ended up this way.

Better change the OP!

It was so fast as well! I think the Tokyo Ghoul anime beat Charlotte hands down at this type of drama.

Wonder if he’ll get an Inaho patch.

Forget about the cast from before. These are your new friends now. This is everyone you’ll ever need. Ever.

“Watch the OP dude. Didn’t you read the Wiki pages?”

It felt so off though. I’m so used to Yuu not having a personality now. The last time we saw him act like that was 10 weeks ago! He’s mutilated a lot of people since then!

Looks like she blinded him with that mouth-light though. A lot of his powers are dependant on eyesight… Actually, I think all of them are apart from Collapse.

I was like “Oh, the ending song is starting?”

Even that was awful. Music isn’t this show’s strong point. The tracks might be good individually I guess.

Yuu’s first wave of Collapse broke Kumagami’s chair, and the second wave broke Kumagami.

It was an enjoyable episode I guess but like last week’s I felt it had enough for another episode (or at least half of one) crammed into a single one. So much stuff was rushed. It also seemed weird They knew about Yuu having Time Leap and Collapse but not Telekinesis (or were surprised he’d use it for some reason).

I think they weren’t expecting him to cause as much destruction as he did. I’m not sure if the telekinesis is what did the destruction.

1 Like

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND.
GOT PLACES TO GO GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW.

2fastcool

I sort of feel the way yuu was “defeated” was a very cheap, its like superman getting stabbed by a kryptonite toothpick. Also the most overpowered ability in this anime would be protection from minor characters. It feels like major character became minor and minor character do major things…

If I was yuu, and that guy said his family is in danger, I would of been like, “who are you?” Oh you’ve kept this a secret from us for a long time? welp guess you are shit out of luck buddy. You want to risk our highest value ability user, who we just told not to go with you because he is valued so high, to a mere taxi driver who keeps secrets from us? Really all yuu needed to do is say, sorry taxi boy you are shit out of luck this time line… but we can see how they attack you then jump back and go from there. Driver guy couldn’t say shit to that. Okay so lets pretend this nobody does get him to go.

So these guys he faces seem to some how “know” everything about yuu even things yuu himself doesn’t seem to know, like being blinded in one eye prevents time leap, knowing which abilities he has… (even though he could have just taken more before he came). knowing that he won’t make them jump off the back end of the catwalk. Knowing the one ability user they had there would not get plundered or defeated… so now of course you are saying but kumagami leaked all of this info, But it seemed still way too laid out. Shun didn’t even tell him about that weakness? wow you send you bro in to fight and don’t even tell him that? There was ONE ablitiy user which didn’t even seem like a good ability and he gets blinded? If they just had like 10 ability users there at least it would of made tons of more sense.

Do you know who the real ability user is in this episode? The guy driving the car, with some magic words “my family is in danger please help!” he has everyone acting like idiots and gets people even killed and yet it only benefits him and his “family” if it even exists how are we suppose to know? We’ve never seen his family lol. What a selfish asshole, gets kumgami beat up and ultimately killed just cause he keeps secrets for waaay too long? Yuu should of just jumped back and time and got that guy fired!

I just feel like what they showed us was fine, but the way they unfolded was just dumb. I liked the episode overall but I just felt like they keep using very minor characters for very major things, and it just feels so… stupid… Like really? that was the best idea they had was this minor character to say save my family? It feels like the minor thing are the most major. Yandere-chan was the same way, character that don’t even really have a name screw up the plot in huge ways.

Nonetheless it has been a hype feelz trains.

tldr: Taxi boy is the strongest ability user. “my family is in danger please help!”

2 Likes

They already altered time to save their family, more than once, so this is hardly a big deal.

At this point, I’m gonna stick it through to the end of Episode 13 just because I’m so invested into this anime, but god, this plot is a trainwreck. I have to agree with the others and say that this had so much potential, but the execution just feels completely disorganized. Charlotte was supposedly going to fix all the problems of Angel Beats!? To me, it has not only completely failed to fix them, but has instead added even more by means of lack of narrative cohesion and direction. Suspending disbelief and just watching Charlotte for the drama and action isn’t what I was expecting to have to do for one of Jun Maeda’s creations. While the Kumagami was certainly shocking, his death felt more like something thrown in there for the shock value rather than something critical and well-thought out. Charlotte could have been so good. Damn.

3 Likes

I thought this was a fucking amazing episode! But I’m still mulling over whether I thought it was good for the series or not. Maybe if we got to this plot point a lot earlier… The terrorists were only mentioned this episode. But then again, I guess they’re somehow our monster of the week?

Also, WTF, not only this episode, but the whole show is called Charlotte. And all we get is: “Oh hey, you know that comet called Charlotte? Yeah, thats how you get your powers. Not really important or relevant to anything though. The end.” :expressionless:

KUMAGAMIIIIIIIIIIIII

I’m just glad Nao got out alive(?).

It was very odd that the held out on this on this point. They could’ve just had Ayumi mention the comet Charlotte in the first or second episode, and then explain it around ep 3 or something.

3 Likes

I view the terrorists as equal to the ‘evil scientists’. They specify to NOT kill the kids, and are more than likely looking to kidnap them and take them away in exchange for either $$$ by giving them to the scientists, or they are the scientists themselves- but mostly that they have the same goals, to capture those with great power for nefarious means. You could also pin them on being one of the other ‘Brotherhoods’ or syndicates, as they TLed, but it’s odd how violent they’d be towards someone they want to work for them.

I thought I’m the only one who think about this…

I need Joujirou and misa…I’m worried if Joujirou become main villain

2 Likes

7 Likes

At least it would add some kind of drama to the show… But I Feel nothing even slightly that interesting will happen at this point, but we’ll see

I feel like drama is all that have right now… this style is more close to code geass or the “train wreck that you can’t look away from” style rather than any keys works. I personally dislike that style, but there are for sure people who really like it. I honestly wouldn’t mind a super wild card like Joujirou becomes the main villain at this point lol.

That would literally make this series.

5 Likes

Please! I would reconsider all of my negative feelings if this were to happen.

1 Like

Sooo this episode… The way I feel for this episode is more-or-less the same as I felt about episode 9: I don’t think it was written very well, but I enjoyed watching every minute of it. I thought it was exciting, it had suspense, and the drama with Kumagami hit pretty hard.

Except… Everything just simply came out of nowhere too fast. There was absolutely no foreshadowing for the terrorist organization; Joujirou and Yusa seem absolutely pointless now; The driver who we don’t give a shit about (and who i personally thought was maedomari) was the traitor all along…

A lot of my thoughts are pretty similar to @Yerian’s, so I don’t really want to echo them much anymore. But I think the hardest part is that this might not even be the final climax. The terrorists are more-or-less done for, so they won’t be a problem in the future (unless more come out of nowhere). Pooh was a pretty horrible loss, but it happens, and I’m pretty sure they won’t be saving him now >.< So… Where do we go from here?

2 Likes